Antonia's Flowers Tiempe Passate

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Antonia's Flowers Tiempe Passate

3.5

on 7/30/2011 8:15:00 PM

I want to express my thanks to all those who clarified the meaning of the name "Tiempe Passate" in a civil, polite, enlightening fashion. I can only hope that those who didn't will learn from you.

Tiempe Passate, named for an old Neopolitan love song Antonia's grandfather wrote back in the 1920's, was made to smell like "fragrance after you’ve had it on for hours – a truly lived in, skin fragrance."
To me, it smells like the nape of a beautiful woman's neck, who has lifted up her long hair:
This fragrance combines the notes of cedar wood, amber, bergamot, rose and clementine.
It smells like: A lovely musky rose, a tiny bit salty, and then a fleeting moment with the most beautiful amber-citrusy note.
I generally love huge complex chypres, but when I am looking for something light and magical, I reach for this one.
There is something of the past in it, an old Italian love song, but something modern and sparkling too.
If you want a scent that says, "Beautiful Woman"? This one is a great bet.

on 4/26/2011 8:43:00 AM

To the previous reviewer: "Tiempe passate" _is_ Italian! It is Sicilian dialect (a love poem by Roberto Bracco).

The first time I tried this scent in a short I was totally entranced and wanted it so badly. Because it's so expensive I ordered a sample which I'm now working on - and wondering if it is the same scent! This perfume reminds me so much of something else... I can't put my finger on it! True, it's beautiful, a soft, warm scent, not at all masculine on me and I don't really get woods. But it no longer intrigues me so much. it is just so similar to some other scent I've had in the past.... Maybe it'll come back to me.

Lively & fresh, smells like cedar leaves w/ sharpness of bergamot.. a nice & natural clean smell for a room, not me. Softens a bit on drydown, but still very bright & fresh.

This won't offend many. I find it bland and boring. This is very overpriced. It smells nice on me, but not $125 dollars nice. There are plenty of cheaper fragrances out there that give me this much or more pleasure for a lot less. I have paid more money for other fragrance, but they were better quality fragrances, with layered notes, and with some pizazz to them. Tiempe Passate is just FLAT and uninteresting.

on 12/30/2005 8:31:00 AM

This fragrance reminds me of when I visited Italy. I wore this when I visited Europe. This is the most expensive fragrance I own and the packaging isn't my favorite. I have to make sure the top stays on tight because it will spill otherwise. I smell the clementine and cedar in this fragrance when I wear it. I've never ran into anyone else wearing it and have had men ask me what I'm wearing when wearing this. I never tell of course. It works wonderful with the matching lotion. I will ask for this as a gift maybe, since it's so expensive.

on 9/24/2005 9:13:00 PM

...odd. i'd heard so much wonderful stuff about this fragrance that i just had to try it. i ignored the whispering in my head that stated "you know what happens to bergamot on your skin," and swapped for a fairly large decant of it. now you should know that i frequently refer to bergamot as "the burning," and indeed this did smell somewhat like a smoldering bonfire of cedar logs. but it wasn't really unpleasant, per se. the problem was that i also smelled strong notes of black pepper and jasmine in it, and the combination was very disconcerting. i've been able to live with it for hours at a time so it isn't something i'd scream and run from, but it's not something i'd spend money on either.

on 7/20/2005 12:13:00 PM

This smells absolutely awful on my skin: a sharp, fruity amber mixture with a touch of salt. I tend to have rather bad reactions to fragrances containing fruit and gourmand notes, and this was no different. The drydown is musty and a bit artificial. I had a bottle but gave it away to someone who appreciates it much more.

on 3/10/2005 9:12:00 AM

It's fascinating how very different all of our impressions of this one are. On me, it's a really astringent citrus... grapefruit/yuzu/bergamot impression. It clashed horribly with my chemistry.

on 2/10/2005 12:08:00 PM

The salt note in this is uncanny. I even get the same taste in my mouth when smelling this scent, as I do what I’m near the ocean. However, I do not get any cedar and not a lot of rose either. I do get a strong fruity note that reminds me of Moschino’s Cheap and Chic – it must be the bergamont. In any case, on me this fragrance is not the amazing salty-cedary-rose-with-a-hint-of-amber that I hoped it would be.

Popular Fragrances