4.8

price range

Reviews

from

9 years ago

Ah Dragon, I've been wanting this lip color for so long.. but was really doubtful if if will suit me. I'm not really a "pigmented lipgloss" kinda gal.. because the application is a pain.. and I was right. Maybe I'm just clumsy but it take me a good amount of time to apply this one correctly and neatly. *coloring inside the line was never my strong point* =P but I guess if you a pro, (unlike me), and willing to take the time, perhaps with a lipbrush and lipliner, you will have less problem. The color like every one else have said, is indeed gorgez. It's a true red, perfect in the middle of the blue/orange red shade. On my warm medium Asian skin it turns a nice red, not too bright and not too dark.. well perhaps a bit too bright for my liking.. cuz on certain strong lighting (like direct sunlight) it looks a bit too "orangy/bright". But this is perhaps because I dont really piled it too much, the more you put on, the darker the color will turn on your lips. I think it will looks amazing on porcelain complexion, snowwhite'esk I imagine? Still, if I do piled it up, preferably during the night (than daytime) for an old glam Hollywood looks. It is a lot like a stain for me, at least that is how I use it most of the time. I dab it a bit (its very pigmented!) on my lips and smear it with my finger.. and I use the left over on my finger on my cheeks.. yes it works there too.. it will give you a doll like red "winter" cheeks.. pretty :D The lasting power is great, It will fade and leave a red stain that will last you till you wash your face.. which is for me good enough, the stain is still very red! so I dont bother really to reapply it (its more that I'm too lazy actually) The texture is not drying but not really moisturizing either.. and if you do have a dry lips or chapped, I suggest you buff first.. otherwise when it fades, it will looks splotchy and uneven on your lips. I like this, but sadly must conclude that for me, the product doesn't live up to the hype. I'm not regretting buying it (tho the price is like all things Chanel!) but I wont be repurchasing it again. It just too much works for me and sumhow it draws too much attention to my lips.. My lips looks hugeee with ths color.. not a bad thing I know.. but with such a bold color, it looks a bit like "I'm trying too hard". Its a very almost "Geisha" looks on me (specially me being Asian).. which is pretty I know, but sometimes you just dont want all that "attention" Inspite all that, I'm goin to enjoy the Dragon.. specially with this cold snowy winter months.. with a simple eyemakeup and during my "goodskin day".. flawless face and a red lip.. ahh its all in the attitude! :D

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

9 years ago

I am absolutely in love with this product. It's more like a liquid lipstick that clings beautifully to your lips. It's a true red, which I'm crazy about, and it makes my lips look insanely full and juicy. There's just something about Chanel red lips that just makes me feel more girly.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I was really afraid to wear dark red lips, but I find myself looking at chanel's windows just admiring it. Everyday, I would stop by just to look but never dare to speak with an associate. Finally, I stepped into Chanel one day and asked for it. Initially, I wanted a lighter shade of red but the lady wouldn't budge and insisted that I do get this one. She is right... I was just scared to try. Few things to know, I'm MAC NC40, and MUFE 153. This particular lip gloss makes my face brighter and my brown eyes pop. For those who are having problem applying red lipstick, the trick is to line your lips with a pencil to avoid melting and/or just BLOT YOUR LIPS ONCE WITH A TISSUE, do so everytime you re-apply. It will lessen the color intensity on your lips and it will take that worry away about leaving stain on your shirt unless you're not too careful. What's best is that it doesn't chap your lips! So, I give this thumb up for pigmentation and quality, thumbs down for the price. I would buy this again because I can afford but would recommend getting NYX red lipstick instead for those on a budget.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

This is the most beautiful, rich red I have ever used. It beats out MAC red, MAC Ruby Woo and even NARS Cruella in the color and quality department. It goes on as a thick gloss and dries into a cream lipstick. It fades evenly but when i say fade, this is after a meal and several drinks. I gave it 4 lippies because it is rather expensive and you need a steady hand to get it on your lips without any mistakes. I usually use a cotton bud to clean up the edges but once on, it doesnt budge. I had to wait a few weeks to get this because the store was all out. It was totally worth the wait. It makes my teeth look whiter and I know it'll last a long time since one application lasts all day. I have chapped lips so i usually buff it in the morning before putting any kind of lipstick on and this doesnt dry it out at all. NOTE: it's too dark for the daytime so i put a little bit on my lower lip and spread it out with my finger and add gloss on top it to make it look like a stain. absolutely perfect!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

3.0
from

9 years ago

I wanted so much to fall in love with this, but i just didn't... I do like it, but it's a little too dark for my fair skin, and it is also not so easy to apply. But the worst for me is that although it is very long lasting, when it does fade, it starts doing so by the center of my lips, so for instance, when I finish eating, it will look like like I have a red lipliner all around my lips, and no lipstick at all. I also think it is too expensive for the quality, but at least it makes my teeth look reaaaally white! :)

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I have an event I wearing black and white to, so I decided on red fingernails and lips. Of course, I picked up I think what may be my first true red nailpolish, Chanel Dragon, and even with all my red lipsticks, the other day while returning my second bottle of Paradoxical (which I don't love), I exchanged for this gorgeous lip lacquer. It stays on the lips, it does not wander, I would use a lipliner, maybe an invisible one or a red one, but generally it stays put. A little drying on me, but nothing serious. I love the colour, fantastic red, true blue-red (not orange based at all). Makes teeth nice and white and has an edge to me. Not easy to wear I would think unless you are all black and white including the face (smokey black/cool gray/cool white or silver) black eyeliner, lots of black eyeliner, fake lashes (yes!) and cheeks, as pale as they come with a touch of maybe a red blush just under the cheek bone....a touch. Hair sleeked back, power look! Love, will try more colours now that I am hooked!

About reviewer (426 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I love this lipgloss/lipstick. It's so highly pigmented. It stays put and it has enough of a gloss to it that you don't have to add another step. Don't even need another brush or applicator. Love it!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

9 years ago

LOVE. I just discovered this and can't stop raving about it! The texture, color payoff, lasting power, and shade are amazing! Well worth the $32.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I adore this. It is a gorgeous intense, blue based red. It's very moisturising on my dry lips and stays put for hours. It's extremely opaque. The packaging is lovely. This was my first Rouge Allure Laque - I want more!

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

10 years ago

Dragon is described as a true red, but on me, it pulls very blue-based. Regardless, I love it. It's my "special occasion" red lipstick. Like any other intense red, it takes insurance in the form of lip liner and it also takes a little babysitting throughout the day. Dragon stays on my lips for hours and leaves behind a nice stain. The formula is between that of a lipgloss and a lip stick, so it's very thin but very opaque. Even the applicator is nice . . . one of the few redsI can apply without a brush.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm