MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Other
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

This is terribly cost prohibitive but it's an awesome powder absorbs oil the best of all loose powders & the pressed is equal to MAC Blot powder if not a little bit superior imo. MAC & Chanel make the best powders. P&P is my go to in the AM. Chanel ridiculously expensive it's absurd but MAC is more affordable than chanel (when do I not feel like saving $20?! I can buy a lipstick!) lastly you can back to MAC the empty containers 6 gets u a new lipstick!! 9g is stingy but hey you are always getting a fresh supply if ur a regular user. I haven't even panned my P&P pressed powder & I've had it since xmas but I don't use it every single day I'm rotating P&P loose & P&P pressed between my chanel, blot powder, studiofix & bareminerals. Don't try this unless you want to start a high end powder habit lol the DS stuff won't compare. It's so finely miled & controls oil. I apply it w my Laura mercier powder puff I feel like my brushes are mostly ineffectual i use cheap brushes thou. Spend all the cash on the products none on the applicators ha ha I do have a few MAC & chanel brushes. None that work well w this powder. :/ hmmm...

on 2/6/2011 12:06:00 PM

I love this product! I wear it over Mac Mineralize Foundation just on my tzone and I have no oil at all anymore!! I've never tried MUFE so I can't compare but this one does the trick

on 12/13/2009 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

AMAZING!!!!!!! hg hg hg hg :) finally I FOUND IT. A product that doesnt make my face into a greasy mess. A product that doesnt make me nervous about my oilies coming through. A product that doesnt make me reapply every hour, making my makeup cake up. So, after reading all the reviews, I decided to finally get this ( at the moment my hg was Dream Matte Powder which was ok but I still needed to reapply ) and im SO glad i did ! I've tried every foundation ( rimmel lasting finish, revlon colorstay ( too heavy ) , bare minerals, studiofix, prestige powder, pf powder) to name a few.. And I've always wondered WHY DONT THEY LAST ON ME? It lasts on all my friends, why not me !? I spent so much money of foundations with failure and little did I know all I needed was this gem. Today I put on Maybelline Pure makeup, concealer, patted this on generously and was matte for the ENTIRE night ( 7 hours ) I couldnt beleive it! Its my first day so I cant wait to try it with the other countless foundations sitting in my drawer... Please if you are a oily mess, TRY this product.. its simply amazing!!! HG FOR OILY SKIN

on 10/5/2009 11:28:00 AM

This product is truly amazing! I have combo skin, but I get oily so quickly. My skin is also very sensitive and this doesn't break me out. I found a better way to use this by putting it on first before any foundation/concealer and then applying it again after finishing my makeup. For me, putting it on first helps keep oils at bay for longer and my foundation looks so much smoother and natural for some reason. My only gripe is the packaging which isn't good for travel.

on 5/10/2009 10:11:00 PM

my face is itchy (mostly the mouth area) but gorgeous.

it's doesn't make me ashy. My skin has to get used to it, though.

I really love this product as it mattifies my oily skin without looking caked on any dry or flaky patches. It also doesn't turn orange after about an hour!
I use a kabuki brush to buffer it in and when I do this my pores look reduced which is a HUGE plus for me and this means that I can wear MSF without my pores looking huge.
Im not sure if it helps to keep my makeup on longer, although I was working with pre-school kids earlier and my makeup looked just as good as when I put it on.
I dont like the packaging, the lid never seems to go on right, and I would love a compact version to carry about with me but I guess beggars cant be choosers!!
I would highly recommend to anyone with oily skin who has enlarged pores and probelms with powders turning orange.
I am paler than NC15 for reference.

on 4/24/2009 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE THIS!! It's transparent so it works on any skin tone, and over any foundation color. It basically uses light diffusers to blur out the skin giving a smooth, flawless, line free appearance.

on 2/8/2015 6:39:00 PM

MAC Prep + Prime is my #2 powder pick. It gives me perfect polish and very slightly whitens my face. I use it when I want to be fancy.

My #1 pick is RMS "Un" Powder. It's absolutely invisible with great performance (blurs imperfections, mattes shine). RMS gives me a very natural and believable look.

Powders I like less than the above:
- MUFE HD Powder goes a bit white for me and I'm very pale. It also catches on dry flakes.
- Laura Mercier Loose Translucent is more beige than white and blends into my skin pretty well but I think gives an overall dull appearance.

on 12/22/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this for setting my foundation before more powder products - blush, highlight. It's not enough to mattify my oily T-Zone though so I use a different powder for that. But I prefer this to a lot of other loose setting powders and will continue to use it.

on 12/19/2009 11:39:00 AM

lovely stuff. Makes my skin look less poreous and smoother. Keeps me shine free all day, and its truely colorless (I'm nc42 and I wear this with no problems). The only drawback is that its super fluffy, and once you get it on top of the sifter, its never going back down. This can lead to lots of wasted product.

But, its a good price for a good amount. Been using it nearly daily for 9 months and I'm still on the same jar (but its about time for more!).