Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20
image 1image 2image 3

3.9

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:Octinoxate (3), Titanium Dioxide (6.2), INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SORBITOL BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [MAY CONTAIN: CI 77891, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491, IRON OXIDES]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

How it looks like:
- the bottle, the pump, the cap even the box (YES THE BOX) look fancy and classy. having a grip on it makes me feel like I was on top of the world giving orders to other makeup companies to give the extra effort and tell them "this is how a high-end makeup brand should have presented their liquid foundation in"
- pumping out the product gives me orgasm (.... I know, I'm a freak but seriously, try it). It's just that good and satisfying to see such beautiful creature being pumped out of the bottle.

When being applied:
- the smell is a little too strong for my sensitive nose
- glides on very very smoothly
- one full pump can cover all of my face and neck and stil, some of the product left, so be extra cautious when pumping out the product
- the shade I got look definitely too light on my face, though it fits the shade of my chest and the back of my hands (got shade #2, bought it online)
- my face looks "oh wow so matte did you put on too much powder?" after application

After it sets:
- the matte look turns more to the side of satin finish
- looks good on its own
- looks even better after thinly applying my nars loose powder
- coverage is to the light/medium side which may be a downside for fans of full-coverage foundation (but that's what a concealer is for)
- the shade which was too light at first, blends in so well after set and matches my skin tone perfectly, hides minor imperfections

The whole day performance:
- it controls oils to some extent; i do need to blot 2-3 times in one full day (7 am - 10pm) which is not bad at all
- it doesn't melt with oil nor does it leave the skin when blotting
- a proper cleansing is needed after wearing this foundation since it sits strongly (kinda) on your skin

Definitely GO FOR IT:
- if you have the extra money to spend on a full bottle (a little goes a long way, so it's worth every penny)
- if you like matte/satin finish
- if you prefer your foundation to have light-medium coverage
- if you aren't sensitive to alcohol
- if you're on the normal to oily side of the skin

To be considered:
- if you're on the normal to dry skin (it's not hydrating, i suspect the alcohol in it being the agent that dries up your skin on a daily basis of usage)
- i would not recommend it to be used daily anyway, but it's so good for when you need something fancy going on (read: parties, receptions, dates, outings, other activities you consider to be fancy)

Repurchase? Definitely a YES, I'm in love with this foundation

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the best foundation I have tried. I used so many foundations and i can truly say that this is "the one". It applies very thin and really holds on to my skin. It doesnt sink to my pores and fine lines under my eyes. It has a lovely scent but if you are sensitive to fragrance then I would avoid this foundation. It provides medium coverage so i use a concealer when I have blemishes. It brightens and evens out my skin tone. The finish is semi matte which looks stunning for all occasions. It lasts a good 7-9 hours on my oily combination skin when used with a primer and a setting powder. Another thing i love about this foundation is that it breaks down so beautifully. It feels like as time passes the foundation mixes with oil on my face and just gets even prettier.
The price is a bit high but it lasts a very long time and worth every penny
The best way to apply this foundation is with a damp beauty blender!

To Read all 183 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Let me begin by sharing my skin condition, skin tone as well as the climate I live in. I have dry skin with oily surface with some cystic acne. MAC NC25, RMK 102, YSL B20 to B30. I live in hot humid singapore where the weather is hot humid all year round.

I was matched to Lasting Silk No.4 the color was a bit light but I could still pull it off. The product is runny but surprisingly has very good coverage. It goes on well without patchiness when used with the hourglass mineral veil.

I top it off with the armani lasting silk compact with gives it a nice satiny finish.

Come 3 to 4 hrs later, the initial freshness and satiny finish sunk in and it doesn't look too bad if you do not touch up (I just purchased the GA Luminous compact powder, let's see if it works as a touch up powder, will review later). What I really like about this foundation is that it does not oxidize at all, the color stayed as fresh as the time I applied it.

If this product allows touch up, then it will be a really wonderful foundation.

Update:

I've been doing some reading and found out that some people are better off without primers and I am one of those people. I've been using Hourglass's mineral veil under this foundation and by midday my makeup was patchy and gross. It was worse if I touched up my makeup.

I tried using nothing beneath this liquid foundation and no more patchy mess and touching up was a breeze! That said, the foundation color didn't look as fresh without the primer. But I'd rather have slightly oxidized foundation than to have patchy makeup

on 5/10/2016 5:10:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for years, the coverage is medium and looks natural and that's what I love about it. The reason why it has a lippy is because the amount of alcohol it contains.I have also tried the GA Luminous silk foundation however I noticed that it does not blend as well as this foundation. If GA were to make this same foundation with less alcohol then this would be my perfect foundation.

I am thinking of trying Urban Decay's lightweight foundation as it seems quite similar to this one, but without alcohol.

on 5/7/2016 7:24:00 PM

USD$62. I'm NC20/C2, and the #4 in this foundation is a good match. The coverage is about medium, and it's very buildable but you won't get full coverage. I didn't get good results putting this on with my fingers, but I love how smoothly it goes on with a foundation brush. On my T-zone skin, it just sinks in and looks like it's my natural skin, only better. It tones down unevenness and just looks fabulous. I don't wear this every day, because it takes some work to blend, layer and put on finishing powder. But for when I have more time, it definitely looks and feels fabulous and completely worth the price.

Several years ago, this was my HG. Then I had a makeup hiatus for two years, discovered my old bottle, still 98% full (I was trying to save it for special occasions) but expiring so I threw it away (I shouldn't have!) and bought a new one.

The new one is, well, meh. Not sure if they changed the formula, or I was looking at it through rose-coloured glasses before, but this is definitely not the GA Lasting Silk from years past (well, maybe just 4 or 5 years past).

For reference, I'm a MAC NC20. Chanel VA B10. GA Lasting 4.5.

Sad face :( I REALLY REALLY wanted to like this foundation. However, on me (basically normal skin w/ slightly oiler t-zone), w/ primer AND setting spray (Urban Decay no less), this lasts about 6 hours before I have to powder my nose and chin. I expect MANY more hours before any touchup is required for this price point.

No breakouts, medium to full coverage (I apply w/ my BB or Real Techniques sponge). I love the fact I can go w/out undereye concealor with this foundation which says a lot. Effectively covers my slight rosacea and (fading) melasma spots. Very runny, but that's not a problem for me.

Thank goodness I got a few samples to try - would have been VERY upset to not love a $60+ foundation.

If interested, I can wear the 4.5 if I blend down a ways on my neck, but the 5.5 is a perfect match = if I were to get more samples, 5.5 is my shade. For reference, here is a list of what I wear in other foundations (I wish all folks would do this as I personally find it so helpful, but maybe that's just me): Hang onto your hat:

MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige; Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair; IT Cosmetics CC + = Light; Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear in 020 light beige; Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 210N Buff; CG Outlast 3 in 1 in Classic Ivory 810; Holika Holika Petit BB Moisturizing (formerly moist); NYX HD Studio Photogenic Nude 101; NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Deauville.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have cystic acne and have been searching for the perfect foundation, and I think I've found it with Armani Lasting Silk. Hides my cystic acne, yet it isn't obvious that I have acne I'm desperately trying to cover. The payoff lasts all day - and by all day, I had it on for about 9 hours and it still looked as fresh as when I first put it on. Doesn't rub off and goes on super light weight. I love, love, love this foundation!

on 12/23/2015 4:34:00 AM

Better is the enemy of the good!
I am very pleased with Cellular cream foundation from Kanebo but wanted to try something else that has very, very good reviews.
Lasting Silk foundationr is tragic and fatal for sensitive skin.
The first three hours you will adore. Beautiful, gently lit up skin with flawless effect. Then there's worst and worst.Foundation disappears, oxydize and the skin begins to itch and sweat.Amount of alcohol in this product is comparable to Johny Walker!!!
Please look always for ingredients! I did it :( but ....I trusted the judgment and took the risk.
I would not recommend to anyone!
This is product for fotomodels-using in the front of camera for 3-4 hours of work and then immediately make-up removal.
Expensive and not worth even 15 $