Christian Lacroix Absynthe

Christian Lacroix Absynthe

3.6

on 10/3/2011 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Wow! What a gorgeous scent! My friend mailed me this back in the spring and Ive enjoyed it very much. One of the best Avon fragrances I have ever used.

on 8/8/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow nice fragrance! A Strong, rare, and addictive parfum! The notes on this one are heavier, dominant and i can perceive the great work the perfumer did to create it. The bottle is to die for so elegant and luxury! I think as all parfums created, its not for everyone cuz the aroma is strange some people will not stand it! But when u tested and let it down on ur skin u will find it lovely! My young 17 sister loves it, my mom, all in my family loves the fragrance! At the beggining the smells is like fresh burst with green notes trying to dominate, then it dry down more softly and closely to the skin! Is like a rare potion, all the mysteri of the old famous drink absynthe! Try it before u buy it!!! My brother bought the mens version and is a nice one, rare smelling with the green undertones from the forrest! This mines bought it with a beautiful green cosmetic bag! Will buy it again 100%!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am so in love with Absynthe right now. I bought some on sale from my friend who sells Avon, and its my new favorite scent. I wear it almost every day. My husband is obsessed with it. I think the fragrance might be discontinued now, but I know that its possible to get some on ebay and Avon might still be carrying it in the sale until it runs out. It is amazing. Its not a floral little girly smell, its very rich but still light enough to wear in the daytime. It lasts forever. When I was taking a shower last night the steam kind of revived the scent before it was washed off, and it was like I'd sprayed it on for the first time. A lot of low quality perfumes are mostly alcohol and the evaporate from the skin quickly, but good quality perfumes last all day. The oils stay on your skin until you wash them off, and when you do you can actually feel the oils washing away. That's how I know I have a good perfume, when I wash it off and I can feel the water mixing with the oils. I so love this. I wish I'd bought two bottles. I know I'll want more when I run out.

on 1/24/2011 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was rather wary of avon perfumes. I found they did not last at all. For some reason I decided to try absynthe. I didnt even try a tester first. I love it, its very sophisticated, woody and spicy. Dare I say it even sexy! Almost unisex. The packaging is gorgeous to.
I was amazed by its lasting power. I have come to the conclusion that some perfumes last longer than others depending on the individual. I say give it a go. You always have the 90 day return policy to fall back on.

on 8/29/2011 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This perfume is so underrated! The bottle is gorgeous and the scent is heavy and haunting. Kind of smells like XS by Paco Rabanne for men but obviously a bit more feminine. Definitely a night time fragrance and great value for money (15 for 50ML EDP) Can't wait to buy!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Are y'all kidding? This fragrance is unique and delightful. It was the very first Avon scent I purchased and really changed my stereotype of Avon fragrances. It's so wearable, spicy and oriental without being overpowering. Last at least 3 hrs., which is good for me. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wantinga fairly inexpensive cologne fo a great price!

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I'm delighted with Abysnthe! At first, I admit, I purchased this for the gorgeous chartruese colored bottle and the golden design scrolled on it. I thought it might be another modern, loud, letheric-type scent that Avon (and Mark) have been mass producing over the past few years.

But, Christian Lacroix may have been more hands on with his creation for Avon, in that this is a lovely, sexy but soft, cyphre-oriental eau de parfum (though Avon describes it as strictly an oriental).

There are no offensive notes or loud sillage with Absynthe. It's nearly a linear scent, but sparks of incense and patchouli do develop after a few hours when the base notes fully bloom which is so delightful!

If the color of the bottle - chartreuse - had a scent, it would be this! I highly recommend Christian Lacroix Absynthe by Avon!

on 3/20/2009 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I would buy this product again but knowing Avon it'll be discontinued before I'm ready to repurchase. I like the sweetness of Lolita Lempicka but I can't take the normal gourmandy/foody scents very well. What I like about Absythe is that the sweetness of a foody scent is there but it's got a dryness to it that I like and can tolerate. There's also green notes as well that add a fresh feel. It's unique enough yet fits in with the woody/sweet thing that's trendy right now. I hope this stays around for awhile. The bottle is heavy and beautiful. I happen to like that the staying power is not as good, so that I may be able to get away with wearing this at work.

on 3/11/2009 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Its very very spicy like Prada or Miracle Forever. Its too spicy for my taste like pepper spray, I shoulda known better.

Notes are: absynthe, golden freesia, green anise, orchid, saffron, davana flower, narcusiss nectar, antique woods, ebony musk, myrrh, amber.

I find the Christian Lacroix Rouge was more citrusy oriental, which would be more appropriate for summer and ironically Absynthe is very wintery type of smell. I do love the bottle, the bright lime green is pretty, but unfortunately I dont like the smell. I do not smell freesia, or floral smells. I bought this off ebay for few bucks, I can see why.

EDIT: I left the bottle uncapped for a month, the spicyness died down signficantly. I sprayed it recently, I did notice that the dry down is much much better, THANK GOD!! its more like Lolita Lempicka, or Betsey Johnson- very vanilla leafy amber smell. I think thats what Lacroix is replicating. I still dont smell freesia or orchid and because of the strong vanilla prescence, I still consider wearing this in the winter months. This perfume is longwearing. The scent is becoming complex day by day. It stayed on me all day. I am upping my rating from 2 to 4. If you like sweeter smells, this is for you.

I have to say I sampled this expecting to hate it with a passion, as I hated Lacroix's Rouge.

This fragrance is actually really nicely done. On my skin I get orchid, saffron, myrrh, woody notes and just enough anise to give it a refreshing, powdery, woodsy spicy tone. I've never smelled a fragrance so far that smells similiar to this one.

I really like the color of the bottle too, it just reminds me of the forest and of fantasy woodland creatures.

Overall, I really like this one, cannot say that I'm in love with it. Though, this one is so unique that I am probably going to reach for it much more than I think. This is a fragrance you could wear for any occasion or in any season.

EDIT: The lasting power of this scent is horrid, doesn't last very long at all 15 minutes if that. So, I took away one lippie.

Popular Fragrances