Christian Lacroix Absynthe

Christian Lacroix Absynthe

3.7

I have to say I sampled this expecting to hate it with a passion, as I hated Lacroix's Rouge.

This fragrance is actually really nicely done. On my skin I get orchid, saffron, myrrh, woody notes and just enough anise to give it a refreshing, powdery, woodsy spicy tone. I've never smelled a fragrance so far that smells similiar to this one.

I really like the color of the bottle too, it just reminds me of the forest and of fantasy woodland creatures.

Overall, I really like this one, cannot say that I'm in love with it. Though, this one is so unique that I am probably going to reach for it much more than I think. This is a fragrance you could wear for any occasion or in any season.

EDIT: The lasting power of this scent is horrid, doesn't last very long at all 15 minutes if that. So, I took away one lippie.

on 10/3/2011 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Wow! What a gorgeous scent! My friend mailed me this back in the spring and Ive enjoyed it very much. One of the best Avon fragrances I have ever used.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/29/2011 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This perfume is so underrated! The bottle is gorgeous and the scent is heavy and haunting. Kind of smells like XS by Paco Rabanne for men but obviously a bit more feminine. Definitely a night time fragrance and great value for money (15 for 50ML EDP) Can't wait to buy!

on 8/8/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow nice fragrance! A Strong, rare, and addictive parfum! The notes on this one are heavier, dominant and i can perceive the great work the perfumer did to create it. The bottle is to die for so elegant and luxury! I think as all parfums created, its not for everyone cuz the aroma is strange some people will not stand it! But when u tested and let it down on ur skin u will find it lovely! My young 17 sister loves it, my mom, all in my family loves the fragrance! At the beggining the smells is like fresh burst with green notes trying to dominate, then it dry down more softly and closely to the skin! Is like a rare potion, all the mysteri of the old famous drink absynthe! Try it before u buy it!!! My brother bought the mens version and is a nice one, rare smelling with the green undertones from the forrest! This mines bought it with a beautiful green cosmetic bag! Will buy it again 100%!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this scent much better than the "Christian Lacroix Rouge" - which I hated very much. This is a bit more lighter on the nose and has more oriental floral notes that agree much more with my palette. The woodsy spicy notes are still there in this perfume, but not as strong as the others from the line. I only tested it, but it wasn't enough for me to want to purchase it. Would be nice for those who like stronger heavier scents. Lasting power is average though.

I had always been curious about this one but never wanted to fork out $32 bucks for something I wasn't sure about.
Well, it's on sale and about to be discontinued so I purchased a bottle for $12.99.
I was pleasantly surprised! It smells somewhat sweet and 'mossy' if I can say that. I'm not the best at describing scents. But this blends beautifully with my body chemistry. It's a good every day type scent. Kind of sad to see it being discontinued, but if it weren't I probably wouldn't have tried it.
Staying power isn't the best, but average. Top notes smell good and the drydown smells divine.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am so in love with Absynthe right now. I bought some on sale from my friend who sells Avon, and its my new favorite scent. I wear it almost every day. My husband is obsessed with it. I think the fragrance might be discontinued now, but I know that its possible to get some on ebay and Avon might still be carrying it in the sale until it runs out. It is amazing. Its not a floral little girly smell, its very rich but still light enough to wear in the daytime. It lasts forever. When I was taking a shower last night the steam kind of revived the scent before it was washed off, and it was like I'd sprayed it on for the first time. A lot of low quality perfumes are mostly alcohol and the evaporate from the skin quickly, but good quality perfumes last all day. The oils stay on your skin until you wash them off, and when you do you can actually feel the oils washing away. That's how I know I have a good perfume, when I wash it off and I can feel the water mixing with the oils. I so love this. I wish I'd bought two bottles. I know I'll want more when I run out.

on 2/24/2011 10:49:00 PM

I just didn't like this scent, I found it a bit strong. Wouldn't buy it again.

Love the scent
Love the bottle
Scent doesn't last long enough!
It's on sale half price right now!

& to update previous poster-
Avon's return policy is 1 year, not 90 days :)

on 1/24/2011 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was rather wary of avon perfumes. I found they did not last at all. For some reason I decided to try absynthe. I didnt even try a tester first. I love it, its very sophisticated, woody and spicy. Dare I say it even sexy! Almost unisex. The packaging is gorgeous to.
I was amazed by its lasting power. I have come to the conclusion that some perfumes last longer than others depending on the individual. I say give it a go. You always have the 90 day return policy to fall back on.

Popular Fragrances