e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Complexion Brush

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/1/2015 12:57:00 PM

Great brush for powder. I tried to use it for blush but it's a bit too big for me. I only use it for light dusting of powder as its not dense and sweeps powder on do its not too obvious

The handle kept threatening to come off until I glued it.

on 6/13/2014 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have had this for several years. Can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet especially since I have used it for many purposes and different products. I currently use it to set my foundation with the hourglass ambient lighting powder and it works great for that.

If you are in the market to get a makeup brush for setting powder, use this instead. There's no need to plunge big money on purchasing the expensive hourglass one to set your ambient lighting powder. It definitely works better on pressed powder and for the price, you can't beat it.

on 5/31/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This brush from ELF is really the bomb. Not only is it cheap, it does not shed and it feels so smooth on the skin. It is a value for money brush. Would definitely repurchase should I feel the need for an extra face brush along my other 4 face/powder/blush brushes. Haha!

on 5/11/2014 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush! The first drugstore brush that didn't break me out. I was about to purchase the E.L.F Studio Blush Brush but when they were out of stock on the day I wanted it. The lady suggested this if I was gonna use it for blush. I was hesitant but bought it anyways!

It's been a year and I still love how much product it picks up. Does not shed or bleed whenever I wash. My only concern is how to keep it sanitary since it's packaging is merely plastic. Oh well. Still good.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm in love with this brush. Flawless finish with my creme foundation every time. It really does smooth and blend out my look. The brush never sheds and like any brush, if you clean it regularly it can last forever! I also love how the bristles are SO soft!! As for three bucks? You just can't bet it, I'll probably have to buy a few more just for backup!

on 1/14/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This brush is an underdog. I love it WAY more than the flat top, stipple and many other raved brushes from this line. When I first got this I immediately said its the most luxiorious feeling brush I've held in my hand in a longg time. The black handle is thick, shiny & sturdy; thankfully my ferrule was tight & has remained so. The bristles are extremelY soft & dense. The shape of my brush differs from the images here (that may add to my love of it) the ends are rounded like a C, you can almost make the center of the C taper to form a triangular tip. I prefer it much more over the traditional flat or boxy end. Anyways, this brush isn't packed tightly but has ALOT of 'give', so you can easily flex the entire brush head side to side if you wanted, its not flimsy tho when I use it only the C portion moves back & forth the rest stays put; so its perfect for 'dusting' on powder. Anything firmer might just blotch on powder, which would require blending, with this brush I can't even tell I applied powder. My only indication-my face goes from shiny to matte regardless of what powder I use.

Also Ive used it for blush (its quite large) so I dont use it that way often since I like to contour not leaving too much space for blush, but days that I skip the contour + highlight; I can get a natural flush effortlessly & veryy quickly.

on 9/18/2013 9:10:00 PM

As a high school student living in south east asia, i have quite a tight budget. I bought this brush in hopes that i would find a good, cheap, brush that i could use to apply my loose powder nicely (i previously bought a 2 dollar brush for the same reason only to be very disappointed with how rough, small, and many other bad things that i found out only after i used the brush and washed it) i bought this brush for 6 dollars (including shipping from a friend) and this brush exeeded my expectations greatly. For a 3 dollar brush, even though it is synthetic, it is very well packed (it included a nice neat plastic brush guard- very useful for future washes and travelling), it had lots of "hair" or in other words it's thick, so it picks up product very well, it has a well designed black handle (like all the other items from the studio collection), it's surprisingly soft & most of all, it doesn't shed or smell weird after i wash it and dry it (unlike other chead brushes here in indonesia). The packaging also came with some tips on what to use it for, so to summarize it all i absolutely love this brush and i would DEFINITELY buy it again (even though i expect this brush to last for quite a long time)

on 8/8/2013 2:48:00 AM

I have two of these brushes, one I got a while ago and one I just ordered. I don't know if I got a dud or something, but it's useless compared to the old one. The new one has much less bristles compared to the old one, and its much coarser. When I press the bristles, its about half as dense as the old one. Not happy about this. I'm really hoping its just a dud, since i was planning on buying more of these, but the flat top kabuki brush i got the same times was the same. Much less dense than the old one. Disappointed.

Really good brush and it is so affordable. I can't get it at the same price as what the americans can get at my area but it is still considered a very good buy! Soft synthetic brush, good for blush or loose powder application. Gentle sweeping motion after knocking off excess powder on your face gives u a smooth finish on face!! love it!

on 11/22/2012 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This brush is my everyday brush. I use this to apply my loose powder. I used to use my kabuki brush in prior times, then i try this brush. Kabuki is just too dense for me. This brush is much better.

I always have problem when applying powder on my eyes area. It's hard to apply it evenly with my kabuki, cause kabuki is too dense. When i use my untitled brush, it stings my eye area cause it's too harsh and coarse.

Then i use this brush, and love it! This brush is soft. It's round shape makes me easier to apply loose powder to my eyes area.

I've washed my brush 4 times, and it's still in a good condition. It sheds just so little hair.

The handle is a little bit too long, but that's not a big deal for me. But, with it's size, of course this brush is not for travelling.

It's my favorite brush at this time. I have purchased this brush and lovvveee it.

Popular Makeup Brushes