e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Complexion Brush

ELF Studio Complexion BrushStudio Complexion BrushStudio Complexion Brush27

4.8

on 10/20/2016 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No idea how e.l.f. is able to produce and sell so many makeup brushes for only $3! This brush is large but not fluffy, rather it is almost flat like a paddle but with a domed/curved edge to it. I use this with the e.l.f. tone correcting pressed powder to swirl the colors together and apply as a finishing powder - love it for this purpose. Bristles are soft and deposit just the right amount of powder on my face. The only issue I have ever had with an e.l.f. brush before was the flat topped powder brush I used to apply foundation. Okay, my fault since it was labeled "powder" brush and I used it for liquid foundation but it applied it so beautifully I couldn't help myself. Downside to that was I washed it so often that the glue inside the ferrel broke down and the handle became loose over time. Lesson learned - be gentle with cleaning to not over soak the bristles too far up and the brush should remain intact much longer. Thankfully this brush does not appear to retain product (maybe because this powder is awesome?) but I don't find myself having to clean it as often. Well worth the $3 in my opinion and highly recommend it.

All the raves for this brush are right on. This is a great, and quite soft, classic paddle powder brush, ideal for loose powders in particular. The sides form the perfect flat shape (ala MAC 134) to tap into sifter powder lids to capture the powder, and then for pressing and taping the loose powder onto the face, to really set foundation, before then changing to a sweeping motion to move the set powder all over, and the excess off the face for a light and even finish.

Yes, the MAC and other much more expensive brushes are very slightly larger, denser, and a tiny touch softer. And they have a weightier and more expensive feel in the hand, if you have the money to splurge and those tactile traights are important to you. But for those that are gearing toward a light and natural, but even coverage, of powder, for 3 bucks this brush offers excellent performance and is one of the best buys in the cosmetic world, period.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love this brush so much I'd buy another in time.
So soft yet not flimsy...
Great for the complexion perfection powder and any bronzer or blush.

on 8/5/2009 9:17:00 AM

LOVE this brush! I use it for blush and it's perfection. Also works great with MMUs.It makes application so simple. I love the soft silkiness and fullnes of the brush so much that I ordered another one for backup. Sooo inexpesive, too!

Popular Makeup Brushes