Apple By Apple - Super Lash

Apple By Apple - Super Lash
Apple By Apple - Super LashSuper Lash by Apple MascaraSuper Lash Mascara by Apple Cosmetics

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Alico 9 (odorless mineral spirits), beeswax, ozokerite, aluminum stearate, lanolin, propylparaben, bht, almond oil, ultramarines, manganese violet.

on 8/10/2010 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I remember running into this product multiple times but never took a moment of my day to try it until I read the MUA reviews!

I have access to this both in the mall I work at and multiple places by my house. The cheapest I've found to pay per tube is $1.80!! That's dirt cheap! For the ladies (or men) in the San Fernando Valley area in SoCal, they're sold at Amuse stores! Both in Northridge Fashion Center and in Panorama Mall. It is $1.80 at Panorama (with a greater selection) and $2.00 at Northridge.

This is a review for the Avocado formula.

The first thing that caught my attention is the fact that the product wasn't sealed. I've been to one store that actually tapes around the opening preventing people from opening the mascara and possibly even testing it out for all I know. It wasn't sealed where I purchased mine but I wasn't able to open the tube to see if it was opened or not (masacara wand smudges around opening). That's one of the cons of this mascara -- the packaging at least.

A con about the product itself - I have noticed *slight* smudging on the bottom of the lash line. I'm not sure if that's from my gel liner or from the mascara itself. Another thing is that when I remove it and I was my face, I can see very little under my eye from left over. Could be that I haven't been taking off my mascara too well though. Regardless, I felt like that should be mentioned as well.

I like this formula very much - it feels very nourishing on my lashes because it contains avocado oil in it. I don't feel like my lashes are falling out every time I take off the mascara. I had that problem with L'oreal Voluminous. This mascara doesn't actually curl your lashes, but it holds curl very well if you curl them prior to applying it. I haven't noticed any flaking yet.

I have found that you can build up the intensity of the lashes fairly well, I haven't found this mascara to be dry. I've found it to be in the middle. Not dry, not wet. I've easily made my lashes look fake with this. I've also been able to pull off the natural look as well. Being able to do both with one mascara is extremely convenient. I have been able to clump the lashes at one point after applying it excessively but easily separates with a disposable mascara wand.

Another nice thing is that if you screw up and get mascara where it doesn't belong (eyeshadow, under eye, etc) it can be removed easily with a dry q-tip. This mascara is also very easy to remove at night.

All in all, it's a very good buy. Considering the price and what it can do for your lashes, I'll definitely buy again. I also plan to try all of the other formulas that they make. I believe they also make blue mascara in addition to clear and brown. I will be updating my review as I try out the mascaras.

Edit: I have tried the Black & Ceramides formula and they all work great! Only difference I noticed is that the brush on the Avocado formula is massive in comparison to the other ones (which is a standard size of mascara wand). Will keep testing other formulas. I'd also like to add that the cheapest that I've found it now was for $1 at Power Dollar. Bargain shopping pays off!! I got my aunt hooked on this, and shes taking 4+ tubes back home with her to Nicaragua. Now that says something.

on 9/24/2009 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

[edited to add] Someone asked me about 'ease of removing' this mascara. Honestly, I've had no problems. I use extra virgin coconut oil to wash my face at night and this mascara comes off really nicely for me.

Another thing I notice is that I touch my lashes a lot because they feel so soft. It "looks" glossy and my lashes feel really soft. I'm always surprised that it hasn't smudged.

OMG .... another HG item found through MUAers!

Ordered through mxmascaralady on Ebay late Sunday night. Received 3 mascaras plus an extra mascara on Wednesday. $13 for 4 mascaras and free shipping????

But that's nothing compared to how incredible this mascara is. I tried it this morning and I've been looking at my lashes all day. I always wear Shiseido mascara base to hold a curl to my asian lashes. It works well, but nothing like my lashes today.

I've tried so many brands (have 8 open tubes right now) and while I love a few (Estee Lauder's TurboLash, Diorshow, L'oreal Bare Natural), this is the first mascara that makes me feel like my search for the perfect mascara is over.

I've never been able to find a mascara with ALL of these benefits. I am so shocked. I will buy $35 mascara, but fell in love with the $3 version. What the h*** do they put in it anyway? This is like crack for your lashes.

Pros:
* Shiny, dark lashes.
* Thick lashes, but not weird 1950's fake lashes looking.
* Keeps curl ... 14 hours and counting.
* Lashes are lengthened, but not spikey.
* Lashes are softer than I expected. Almost feels like there's wax on them, but no smudging on my lower lashes!
* $13 for 4 tubes!

Cons:
* Uh, none.

Girls, girls, girls! PLEASE! buy this mascara! Just try it out!! for just $1.99 there's nothing to lose!
Let me tell you...
I have the whimpiest lashes EVER. They NEVER hold a curl after applying any kind of mascara (voluminous, diorshow, big fatty, givenchy etc) but this mascara... wow! its the ONLY mascara that will hold my curl. I dont care about the packaging, or the bristle, or the packaging. Sure it clumps a bit but not too much, and what are you complaining about if its $1.99!? As a freelance makeup artist let me tell you what you can do. GENTLY curl your lash then you can use ANY of the apple by apple super lash mascaras (i.e. mamey, almond, pink and green etc) as a primer... just a few strokes THEN you can immeadiately swipe any other mascara of your choice on top to get a false lash effect. I personally like priming with the apple mascara and then adding loreal's voluminous right after and wow! I get the curl that I want, AND the dark charcoal color of Voluminous! If you chose to do this, you want to add the second coat of the second mascara WHILE the first coat of the apple mascara is still fresh and damp. If you wait too long until its fully dry to add the second coat it will clump up. I highly recommend this mascara alone of course. I've also been doing two coats of pink and green and a last coat of the "mamey" because i love the brush that it comes with (helps separate lashes) :D

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

in my opinion this is by far the best mascara in the world. I have tried over 15 mascara in a two month period. I have watch youtube reviews and always found myself buying a product that did NOTHING for my eyelashes. I've tried cover girl lash blast and other really known mascaras but they would usually smudge,flake making me have those raccoon eyes. I just got this mascara yesterday and let me tell you guys that it did not flake,smudge but rather made my eyelashes look so pretty and it wasso easy to take off with any make up remover. I have never done a review before but i believe that this mascara deserves it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara. This will be the first mascara in which i will repurchase over and over.

Cons:
They are not sold in your usual drugstore...well at least i haven't seen them.

Pros:
NO CLUMPS, NO SMUDGES, NORACCOON EYES, WORTH THE PRICE $2.50 , EYELASHES FEEL SO SOFT AFTER MANY COATS, A+ FOR BOTH VOLUME+ LENGTH AND HOLDS CURL.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Whenever I go to mexico, I always stock up on this mascara. Its amazing! I love it and its sooo cheap. I've tried a TON of american brand mascaras and they do nothing for my lashes- they always uncurl my eyelashes after I curl them, they smudge, they run, and the formula just sucks to me, its too wet to build up effectively. This mascara just holds the curl in my eyelashes, and I love how this mascara makes my eyelashes look fake :)
I usually use the almond oil, avocado, or mamey ones, and they have helped grow my eyelashes grow... I just love this mascara!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The only mascara that I love for my super straight short lashes. Will not uncurl them!!!. All mascaras that I have tried out there weigh my poor little lashes down after I use the eyelash curler. It won't really lengthen but it does make my lashes thicker (see pic above) I usually put one coat of this mascara on my lashes and let it dry (meanwhile I'll work on the rest of my face) if I don't let that first layer dry, my lashes will uncurl if I just apply layers and layers of mascara while it's still wet. After it's dry (approx. 3-5 minutes) I will apply more layers to achieve the thickness that I want. This is what works for me to keep the curl of my lashes. It can get a tiny bit clumpy, this is when my beloved Sonia Kashuk's metal eyelash comb comes in handy. Even when I cry I will not get racoon eyes..Super cheap I buy it for about $3.00 at a local boutique store, the packaging is not pretty, but that's the least of my concern because it's definetly my HG!

Update 7/22/09: The consistency of this mascara can get dry, but it still works. When applying this I wiggle the wand upwards between my lashes, instead of just brushing to get the mascara to really coat my lashes. One thing I don't like is how this mascara looks on my lower lashes since they are so sparse. (see pic above) I have to use a different mascara for my lower lashes which is Lancome's Hypnose. (see my 2nd pic above) But I won't take a lippie off because of this, it's the only one that works for me and I can't be without it!!!

Update 4/16/2011 If you find that the product inside the tube gets dry, try putting it in a 1/2 cup of warm water and let it sit there for a while. Make sure the cap is screwed tightly you don't water to go inside. After about 5 minutes your mascara should be good as new. It works every time for me!

on 7/25/2010 12:54:00 PM

HG!! thank you again MUA because there is no way I would ever come upon this mascara otherwise. If you are Asian, you MUST try this! LOL. The biggest problem for me with mascaras is always that they don't hold a curl. Not only do they don't hold a curl but the instant I put it on, it collapses my just crimped eyelashes. I'm lucky enough to not have short lashes but they are stick straight and even more on a downward trend. Anyway, I bought these off ebay as others have mentioned and you get 4 for 13 bucks. What a steal! Packaging isn't anything special and neither is the wand. The great part of this product though is formula. I am still in disbelief that this holds a curl so well and even on days with extreme humidity. Ive used the black tube and the mamey one so far and think the black one is a lot better. There's not too much volume to this mascara but for holding curls, it's amazing! I used to use CG great lash and lashblast in waterproof and those do a decent job but I couldn't stand how hard it was to remove. These ones don't smudge and remove easily at the end of the day. They also leave my lashes feeling nice and soft unlike the other waterproof formulas which make my lashes super stiff. Like someone else on here has mentioned, I think the formula is a lot better after a week or so of using it (after it thickens a bit). Give this product a try!

EDIT: A lot of the other colors don't work.... only the Black label one does on me and now I've switched back to WP formulas because it's not dramatic enough

on 3/26/2009 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this mascara for a week and i'm really impressed by it. I am asian, therefore, i have stick straight short lashes that are hardly noticeable, but with this mascara I look like I have falsies on. With my eyelash curler and this mascara, my lashes look amazing! This mascara gives great volume, lengthen, holds a curl, wash off with soap and water, and it feels soft to the touch after it dries. And it does not flake, smudge, or clump (well it will if you do like 40 coats, but what mascara doesn't?). The texture I felt was creamy and smooth. It also has a pretty lasting scent that smells kind of like Garnier Fructis shampoos, which only you can smell when the air blows around you just right. I hear they also have an ingredient in them that helps lengthen your lashes, but I yet to have see that result.

The packaging however, is very humble and this is one of those things where you can't "judge a book by its cover". The brush is the default mascara brush. I feel it's a bit big to use because I always end up having mascara on my eyelids.

I have the Mamey one, which I kind of regret buying because there are some controversies out there that mamey seed oil has bacteria strains in it (google this for more info). There's a large selection of mascaras from this line and i highly suggest trying them except Mamey.

If you live in San Jose, CA, Eastridge's Amuse store sells them but make sure to open them to check if they're new, because the first one i purchased was missing its brush. They were nice enough to let me exchange it even though they have a no return/exchange policy, but since I checked right after I left the store, they knew I wasn't lying to them. I also heard 99 cent stores sell them too. Price ranges from 99 cents to 8 dollars i suppose, depending on where you buy them. At Amuse, I bought it for 2.99. Ebay also has a pretty good deal too if you can't find it near you.

Overall, I really do like this mascara even though the Mamey seed oil is iffy. This is near HG, but I still want to test their other ones from this line first. Next time I'm getting the regular black one or the avocado one.

on 6/10/2009 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this mascara for a very long time, and it is by far my most favorite one ever!! I use the mamey extract one, it works great!!! People always ask me if I'm wearing false eyelashes, and ofcourse I say no, and tell them about this little baby!! It not only does wonders for my lashes but it is only 2 dollars where I live (L.A) and it is sold everywhere!! I also have one of the other formulas, the avocado one, but it gives my lashes a more natural look, and this one (Mamey) makes them look super full, long, and great!, it doesnt flake on me at all, and when its time to wash my face, it comes off in a second!, It also does not irritate my sensitive eyes at all. I was introduced to it by my cousins who live in Mexico, and Im very grateful, cus I will never trade this mascara for any other one. Sometimes when it gets a lil dry I just use my blow dryer on it and it gets all nice and moist again, and it make my lashes look even darker, and more full at thebase of the lashes because its a little thinner, but still does the same great job!! I have already bought many of them!

on 8/9/2016 8:00:00 PM

So glad I'm Mexican and can buy this mascara at a lot of places nearby where I live haha
It's made in Mexico and they do have some make-up.
I first bought the blue mascara and it's a dark blue and can still be pretty visible in sunlight. It did come with the big mascara wand like it's known for and the first time I used it it really surprised me at how good of a curl it can hold! And it was really build-able and makes it looks like I got lashes. I tried a lot of other american brand mascaras and the ones I bought couldn't really hold a curl and they were just disappointing and made my curl droop. I really liked the blue one and bought the pink and green and the pink and green is scented to my surprise and I liked it. If you don't want scented make-up then I suggest to avoid that one but it still performed just as good.
*DOWNSIDE* this stuff does not wash off easily with just soap and water so you'd need a good eye make-up remover but in a good sense I guess it has good long wear and is practically water proof.