Homemade Tendskin

Homemade Tendskin

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

5.5 oz rubbing alcohol, 26-28 uncoated aspirin, and 2.5 oz witch hazel. Mix it up in a spray or flip top bottle, let the aspirin dissolve, give it a good shake or 3. Voila!

on 10/7/2016 11:48:00 AM

I love this diy. This is so close to the tend skin maybe even better. I already had witch hazel and I also had the alcohol . I had to buy a small aspirin because I don't take many pills. This is awesome. I was starting to get ingrowns from waxing. I purchase a serum $20 that was supposed to prevent them which didn't work. What a waste! Couldnt find tendskin in my local drugstore. This diy brought all those hairs to the surface. Love love love.

If I'm willing to shave my lady parts for social acceptance then I'm paying the measly $15 for tend skin. Shaving the entire vaginal area isn't healthy. Google it.

on 6/5/2015 9:32:00 PM

Thanks to EVERYONE who contributed their recipes! I used the recipe posted by IslandGirlSPN. I could not find uncoated aspirin, so I used regular & crushed them really well. This solution has been working so well for me & I am so grateful! It has kept me from getting new bumps & is helping to dry up old ones. I am a black male & I shave my face several times a week. Ingrown hairs used to be an issue, but Tend Skin really decreased it. This solution works just as great, if not a little better! Thanks All!

on 7/6/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I tried making this tonight so I can't say for sure how good it is just yet but one thing I have to say is that I bought dissolvable aspirin and my container blew up in my bathroom. Did I do something wrong? I hope this works because I get terrible ingrown hairs on my thighs and tendskin is kind of hard for me to get in Ireland.

on 6/6/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

As someone who has battled with razor burn and bumps for the majority of my shaving years, this has truly changed the way I shave/epilate and treat my skin afterwards.

No matter which shaving creams or gels and razors I use, I ALWAYS end up with discomfort and razor bumps and burn, especially on my bikini line and lower legs. I have found a combination that works relatively well (Skintimate shave lotion for dry skin and Gillette Venus 5-blade razors) but using a variation of this recipe is the final step to smooth, irritation-free skin.

I changed up the recipe from the original to four parts Dickinson's witch hazel, two parts alcohol and 25 crushed aspirin. I followed the suggestion of crushing 18 and adding it to the witch hazel and then the remaining 7 and mixing it with the alcohol. Then I mixed the both liquids together and gave a good shake. I ended up using a hair color applicator bottle because it was the only bottle I had on hand that was large enough. I actually love having it in this type of bottle because I have good control over how much I am using. There will be some settling, so be sure to give a gentle shake before using. Now I use this every time I shave or epiliate.

Because I had such good results as an aftershave "tonic," I have since tried it on the random blemish and it seems to work well at reducing swelling and redness. It also seems to dry them out quicker than if left to their own devices.

Thank you to all the MUA reviewers for this recipe and their tips. I will definitely keep this on hand to keep razor issues from happening!

on 1/22/2014 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I will never buy skin tend again!
Thank god this recipe worked, I was so skeptical about trying it!
I ran out of skin tend and didn't want to re purchase another bottle cause it's so expensive! So I went without it for a month and my ingrown hairs were absolutely horrible! I have the worst in grown hair problem ever, so I finally gave the diy recipe a shot because I really had nothing to loose, especially because I purchased all the ingredients for under $4.00 so two weeks of using it ever day and my legs are smoother than a baby's bottom! If your skeptical about trying this just give it a shot, you won't be disappointed, but like I said it usually takes about 2 weeks to completely clear up maybe that just because I have really stubborn ingrown hairs but I couldn't be happier!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

OMG I used to get razor bumps around my bikini area every single time after I shaved and it would last a week or more to get rid of them. Ever since I started using this homemade tend skin I haven't had one single razor bump, pimples, or anything like that in my bikini area.

on 7/13/2013 2:28:00 AM

Hi have a question about this recipe... is pure witch hazel or tonic witxh hazel? What I can do the best? Because some times i saw the pure witch hazel like the one, and anothers say that the tonic is more efective. What can i do?Thanks

This is great. I get inexplicable ingrown hairs on my tummy (I don't wax or shave and the hair is quite fine, so I am at a loss!) and have never been able to find anything that works anywhere near as well as this. After about a month, I haven't had a single new one and you can't even tell there was ever a problem. It's incredible! I use it on pimples and after shaving the bikini area as well. Truly fantastic, very impressed. Would recommend it to anyone.

on 8/30/2012 2:50:00 PM

OK, so I made this without the alcohol, and it's working fine. From my understanding, the aspirin exfoliates and the witch hazel calms the inflammation. I also added some tea tree oil to control any bacteria in open hair follicles.

My skin doesn't react well to alcohol (pretty sensitive), but does react to waxing. Very badly. For me, dispersable aspirin in witch hazel with tea tee seems to do the trick, and gently. I also exfoliate gently daily in the shower, to help things along.

PS, 5 lip pies for packaging, because I put mine in a GORGEOUS bottle! :)

Popular Body Skincare Products