Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Eyebright

No Image

on 2/6/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was a little skeptical about this really working at brightening your eyes. I was terrified at how blue it is lol but it actually works!!! I can wear this alone and look totally well rested or I can wear this under a shadow as a primer & dab a lil in my inner corner of my eye & voila: instant pick me up! You really can't go wrong with Laura Mercier, she knows her stuff!!!

on 11/29/2008 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Well, this is an interesting little product! I got a deluxe sample from Sephora and was hesitant to try it, but now I'm loving it. It's a light-blue version of LM's Eye Basics, and it's very much like UD's PP with a twist. I'm a C 30, Stila C, and I thought this would be glaringly obvious on me. It's not--if applied sparingly, blended well, and set with a bit of powder. It really does brighten the eye area, and since I have deep-set eyes and am of a certain age, this is a great thing. You can use it all the way up to the brow, or just on the lids for a little brightening. Like UD PP, you need to apply a minimal amount and blend quickly.

This product either has more coverage than UD PP or the color does some serious optical disguising, because this COMPLETELY covers the discoloration on my lids (PP doesn't) and makes me look far more awake than I normally do. And back to the deep-set eyes--I find I can wear darker shadows than I normally can over this, The brightening effect lightens the color of a sheer dusting of shadow a bit. I've also mixed this with UD PP to tone down the blueness/brightening, and it is a stellar combination. A tiny bit of this really helps PP give more coverage and you get the brightening effect but at a lower level. You just need to mix and apply quickly since both dry so fast.

If you are of a certain age, have deep-set eyes, or have a lot of lid discoloration, I highly recommend this product. If not, you probably won't like it much or find it worth the price ($24 for 0.18 oz.).