Barielle Date Night

No Image

on 8/24/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I adore Date Night. It's one of the few polishes my husband also loves. It's a dark, saturated forest green with shimmer (not sparkle) that does not look black indoors. It's unusual, sexy and classy all at the same time. Application is smooth and opaque in 1 coat, though you want to do 2 for a smooth look. Used Seche Vite over it without shrinkage.

on 6/13/2011 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If anyone ever told me that I'd puchase/wear and actually like ANY green nail polish I'd have told them they are out of their box. Then I spotted Date Night. This is an opaque, deep warm leaning evergreen green (no trace of blue) with ultra fine micro shimmer that adds dimension, not frostiness and is just too pretty to pass up. Hautelook was having a Barielle sale and thought why not? I've used many of their treatment hand and foot creams, liked all and figured their polishes at the very least had to be competent. They are beyond that, they are simply amazing in color choice, formulation and quality. Most d/s polishes hover around the $3- $5 range and these were only $4, half the usual retail price. I have to add that I have never seen these in stores and purchased sight unseen based on reviews here and on other sites. That said, I'm a huge fan of deep color nail polishes; I wear some light colors but my eye will always go away from the light to complex Goth colors. Date Night can be interpreted as Goth but is actually a very urbane color. Also, I'm very fair complected and this particular deep green neutralizes any vein color that some other colors pull up and enhances my PPP. Wear time is great too, I got 7+ days with minimal tip wear and no chipping. 2 coats was adequate but 3 ideal. Lastly, I'm a huge OPI consumer but Barielle could make that history.

on 12/5/2008 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love Love Love this color. Looked all over Houston for this color as the Barielle website was sold out. Finally found it at a CVS for $6 in San Antonio and bought all they had. Date night is a shimmering forest green that reminds me of the holidays and my car (it is the same color). Great lasting power! Definitely a winner!!

Barielle is well-known for their nail treatment products but for the Fall of 2008 they released a line of colors by the name of Fall Affair. Date Night is part of that collection. It is a deep emerald green with very fine shimmer. I have compared it to several of the polishes in my collection and so far haven't found anything close. It's much more emerald than Sally Hansen's Emerald Ring and much deeper and richer than OPI's long-discontinued but loved Rainforest. It's a very unique green that looks fabulous against my light skintone.

I was very surprised to find that just one coat was enough for coverage because the color is so pigmented. However I did go ahead and do a 2nd coat just to smooth out some imperfections I had left behind. (My mistake, not the formula's.) If I have a steadier hand next time I'll leave it at one coat. It also applied very evenly and was very easy to use. I have heard that others have had to add thinner to theirs even brand new, but my bottle was perfect.

I only had this color on for one day before I changed it but using SH's Hydrating BC and SV TC gave me great wear for that one day. I only had minor tipwear on the corner of one finger.

This is my first experience with Barielle polishes but I'll definitely be back for more.

Here is a picture of it at one coat.

And here it is with 2 coats.
continued >>

on 11/19/2008 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Date Night is quite simply one of the best polishes I have ever tried. The color is a gorgeous dark emerald shimmer though definitely not dark enough to be confused for black. Some greens wash me out, but this one looks great on my neutral-warm skin. The shade actually reminds me of green velvet Christmas bows. Unlike velvet bows, this polish dances with the light. It's packed with shimmer that makes it glow when it catches the light. There's also an almost twinkling effect that I don't see in too many shimmers. It's beautiful.

Application was an absolute dream. The polish flowed onto my nail easily and with just the right consistency. I'd even go so far as saying it's the same quality as Rescue Beauty Lounge polishes. Yes. That good. Brushstrokes and streaks were a total non-issue. I applied 2 coats but Date Night is so pigmented I probably could have gone with 1.

Date Night is from the Barielle Shades winter 08 collection. I'm not sure if it's limited edition. I purchased mine at CVS for $6, which is definitely a great price for a polish of this quality. I believe they're also available on Barielle's website.

Popular Polishes