3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

3M - Nexcare Acne Patch
3M - Nexcare Acne PatchNexcare Hong Kong3M - Nexcare Acne Patch3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

4.5

hydrocolloid and ethylene oxide

on 2/11/2017 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Can always count on this to help in healing any inflamed breakouts! Been using this for years and I will always keep repurchasing because it is the most effective product when it comes to dealing with pimples.

on 2/10/2017 4:37:00 PM

These should be a staple for anyone who suffers from any sort of acne.

Price: I think I paid $7 for a pack on eBay; my acne comes in spurts, so 36 lasted me more than a year.

Packaging: these come in a sterile wrapping and the pads themselves are sandwiched between two pieces of clear plastic. It can be a little tricky at first to determine which is the truly sticky side.

Product: About 15 years ago, Biore (maker of those ever-popular blackhead nose strips) used to make a product that was extremely similar to these--they were sticky on one side, tan on the other, about the size of a dime and contained salicylic acid. You'd put the patch on a red, raised pimple in the evening, go to bed, and in the morning when you took it off, all of the infection in the pimple would be brought to the surface of your skin and / or dissolved, depending on how big the issue was. I loved those, and of course did not stock up, only to find that when my acne returned after a 10 year hiatus, Biore no longer makes them. In my frantic search to find something comparable, I ran across these.

As other reviews have stated, the package contains a mix of small and large circle silicone-like pads; the larger are about the size of a pencil eraser, while the smaller ones are about half that size. I will agree that the product could be improved by making these all uniformly the larger size; the smaller ones are almost too tiny, and forget about finding it in your bed if it falls off overnight. These go on relatively clear (you will mostly see your skin underneath) and should be applied only to totally clean, dry skin--NO moisturizer, NO toner, nothing. (I put this on then carefully do my routine around it). I guess you could *probably* get away with wearing these out of the house if you were hiding it under your bangs or something, but they are not so indiscreet that no one would notice. In any case, put it on, go to bed, peel it off in the morning (as I said, it will take trial and error on learning how to stick these). If you've done it right, the pad will not only contain a bunch of oily, discolored residue from the pimple, but it will have either reduced the pimple to a flat red spot (all of the junk is now on the patch) or brought the majority of what was left in your skin to the surface. I've had okay luck even using these on deep, painful, cystic pimples--it may take a few nights of consecutive use, but eventually it will draw most of the crap out.

Although could stand to be improved (are you listening Nexcare? The Biore size and design was really perfect!), these are inexpensive and easy enough to use that you truly can't go wrong with having some on hand for acne flair ups. I find these do a much better job at reducing the inflammation and infection in pimples than just about anything else I've tried.

on 2/10/2017 11:22:00 AM

The only pimple stickers I buy. I got cosrx but I definitely think these work way more. Gets out gunk from pimples that have come to head.

Will buy until I get out of this stupid adult acne phase.

on 1/13/2017 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an amazing product. I use it on any zits that are "angry" looking (red, swollen, leaking), applying to clean and dry skin (i.e. no lotion applied) before bed. By morning, the zit is always flattened and, therefore, more easily covered by makeup and well on its way to being healed. This even works on hormonal zits. After my first few uses, I immediately tracked down 2 more boxes so that I'll always have a stash on hand.

on 9/29/2016 12:33:00 AM

10 out of 5 stars. My coworker gave this to me as a Christmas present last year but I never got around to using it until recently. I have the Chinese version of this acne patch. The first time I used this, I made the mistake of using the patch after putting on my skin care regimine. The acne patch just ended up on my pajamas pants when I woke up in the morning. Your skin MUST be clean and free of any substances to adhere to the skin well enough overnight. Also, this patch is best used on surface zits and after you make a small drain hole. These acne patches aren't for cystic acne or anything deep in the layers of skin. After my coworker told me how to used them, I tried again and found that it really does work. It shrunk the zit flat and was way less red.

This is an amazing product to heal and draw out whatever is causing your pimples. Definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to try something fast and easy.

on 9/8/2016 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Seems to work best on a popped pimple, something that's sort of seeping. That being said I've tried it on a deep pimple that was nowhere near surfacing and it did help shrink it down a bit (no idea how that worked tbh). So I apply one of these on my pimple at night and in the morning it's a lot smaller and the patch has a gross little white spot on it, which I assume is the oil etc from the pimple. I wish there were more big patches in the box instead of a mix of small and large as I don't find the small ones to be big enough for me. They also don't always stick quite as well as I would like. So 4/5 for me because of the size issue and lack of sticking well all the time (I've found these in my hair in the morning instead of on my face). Would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I agree with most reviewer. This is effective for those popped pimples. It's quite thick but absorbs really well. It's better than spotmedic

on 6/17/2016 2:54:00 AM

Read my full review here: (I make a comparison between different brands of acne patches)

on 6/16/2016 5:53:00 AM

So I just started getting into skincare a couple of weeks ago (terribly late in life, I know) and I suddenly developed a patch of really stubborn blackheads on my cheek. Being the 'genius' that I am, I scratched at one and voila! I now had blackheads AND a volcano-esque red ring around that one I scratched up *facepalm*

Needless to say, I dashed to the nearest drugstore and scoured the shelves for some sort of relief.

Enter Nexcare Acne Patch!

I actually bought it together with an anti-pimple treatment and thought I could them both at the same time. Reading the instructions, however, I left off the treatment and stuck several patches on as is after my PM cleansing and left it on overnight.

Guess what? The volcano LITERALLY deflated by the next morning and you wouldn't believe just how much gunk was on the patch, all drawn out while I slept! The other patches I'd stuck on the blackheads pulled them out, too, all without me having to scrub or mask or anything! Sure, it's not perhaps something you'd want to go out wearing (it's a little thick and difficult to cover up) but as far as usefulness is concerned it's a HG for me.

Plus points:
+ adheres well to skin; didn't come off despite me being a rather violent sleeper
+ no skin irritation or leftover residue when removed
+ works on inflamed and normal acne

Minuses:
- the packaging is sterile...right up until you open it. I would have much preferred the patches individually wrapped.
- may be pricey depending on where you purchase them, but as a quick fix it is virtually unbeatable value.
- difficult to conceal under makeup, so best used at home

on 6/9/2016 1:44:00 AM

My holy grail as far as hydrocolloid bandages go. I am a serial skin picker (I know, bad habit, making it worse etc etc. I'm aware) and can't kick the compulsion because my acne has gotten more severe over the years. These are a godsend for sucking and absorbing up all the pus and other gunk from the open wound that is left after picking a pimple. Whether you properly pop your pimples, lance them, or whatever, these little bandages will make them turn into flat red marks in the morning. That's right- they work literally overnight.

The packaging isn't great; you only get two packages inside and each package contains about 8 of the larger sized bandages and plenty of the smaller sized ones. This isn't great for someone who picks their skin because I generally need more of the larger size. I go through about 2 full packs of these a week :(

As for the price, they're about 14$ with tax at my local London Drugs. Kind of expensive considering how often I use them, but I doubt I'll be switching to any other hydrocolloids in the near future.

BUY THESE if you pick at your acne! You won't be sorry that you did.