3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

3M - Nexcare Acne Patch
3M - Nexcare Acne Patch3M - Nexcare Acne PatchNexcare Hong Kong3M - Nexcare Acne Patch3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

4.4

hydrocolloid and ethylene oxide

on 8/9/2017 11:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've repurchased these once now, and will again in the future. The first time I heard of these I figured they were a gimmick. I finally added them to an online order I placed to bring me up to free shipping and I'm glad I did. There were some hits and misses at first, but through trial and error I figured out how to make these work for me.

A year or two ago my skin really shifted and went from dry/combo to combo/oily depending on the face zone. It wasn't appreciated, at all. None of my old face care products worked. I started getting really deep and painful cystic pimples, and started breaking out in different areas of my face. In my younger years I would have went to town trying to pop them all but I've learned my lesson and it almost never works out in my skins favor. I'd try and bring them to the surface but was often unsuccessful. These pads helped about 50% of the time to bring them down in severity a bit. I've never successfully erradicated a deep, burried pimple with one of these before.

What I've found they really help with are pimples that have come to a head. They're great for pulling all the gunk out of there. I really really really try and leave them to heal on their own, but sometimes I just can't take it- there's a pocket of pus on my face. I'll clean my face and gently express them before covering them overnight with the acne pads. By morning the pimple is often gone or nearly gone, and just like the directions say, the pad will turn milky white right above the pore. It's kind of satisfying to see the little cloudy spot on the pad, take that zit!

Sometimes when I try and express a pimple, it doesn't expess fully and hours later the head will have reformed with a vengence and the area will be irritated. This really cuts down on that. Which is great, because those are the ones that scream "Not only do I have adult acne, but I stood in front of a mirror last night picking at myself until I went cross eyed".

I haven't gone full nerd and run the numbers on what the success ratio is for pimple poofing, but I've had enough success to reorder and keep using them. It's always disappointing when I wake up and still have a pimple, but acne is really more complex than just sticking a sticker on your face and it fixing everything, and mine definitely has a hormonal aspect.

These were harder to use in the summer, when it was so humid that when you stepped out of the shower in the morning you felt like you were stepping into another shower. They never wanted to stick when I couldn't get my face to dry properly first. There were a couple times I sat in front of a fan before putting them on. I haven't tried them in the winter yet. My skin might respond differently when the air is more dry.

They stick pretty well. You know if you've got solid adhesion or not, and when they are on properly they will stay on all night. I've had to peel a couple off the floor of my bathroom from when I've peeled them off half asleep in the morning and missed the trashcan. They like to stick.

The packaging is all right. They come sandwiched between two clear sheets of plastic film, and you have to peel them off to get them on. These aren't like bandaids, which are designed so that you never need to touch any part of the underside. You have to dig them off the sheet, which means sometimes you can fold them in on themsleves. Usually this is fine, but there were a couple times when I gave up on straightning them out and just grabbed new ones. This seemed to be a humid summer night problem, and to be fair half those nights I just gave up completely and sat naked in front of a fan while trying not to let any parts of my body touch, or I'd have to peel myself apart in much the same way.

My big annoyance with the packaging is it's small, clear, and thin, which is both good and bad. I actually lost them for about five minutes when I brought them out of the bathroom to snap a picture. The small size is nice, but I don't want to lose them either. It would be really easy for these to slide down the side of a counter or drawer and disappear until the next bathroom remodel. That works in their favor at the same time. An unopened box is about the size of a standard smart phone, so it's easy to have a small backstash without making your cupboard explode.

So in short, I reccommend these for certain pimple sitations, just don't expect them to be magical fix-all. Pimples and acne can be far too complex for that.

on 4/27/2017 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My dermatologist recommended these patches and I wish I had heard about them sooner. These are really good for draining surface pimples or ones you popped when you weren't suppose to. Not really good for cysts.

If I get a surface pimple, on clean skin, I take a sterile lancet needle (found in the diabetes section of your local pharmacy) and GENTLY poke the pimple (do NOT stick the lancet all the in where you are drawing blood). The lancet makes a teeny tiny hole. I then put one of these patches on over the spot overnight. The next morning all the pus is drained, and the spot is flat! Sometimes it takes an additional night. I do this all on CLEAN and DRY skin. If you have any product on the spot, the patch may fall off. I put on moisturizer after I put on the patch and apply around it. If there is some sort of spot treatment that you want to apply on that spot too that is lotion/cream like or an oil (tea tree oil, benzoyI peroxide, etc.), I would apply that before, and let it soak in. Then, an hour later or whatever time is needed for the product to soak in, rewash that area, so you have a clean and dry surface for the patch to adhere to.

Also if you give into the temptation and pop a pimple improperly with your fingers even though you know you are not suppose to, these patches are great to stick on afterward. It drains the remaining pus and provides a barrier to help heal the abused spot.

These are a HG product for me because I use to be a chronic pimple picker and make my skin worse in the process. By putting this over the spot, I no longer see the pimple and therefore no longer get the urge to improperly pop it when I pass a mirror.

Nexcare and Cosrx are both great brands for acne hydrocolloid bandages. You can't go wrong with either. I personally prefer Nexcare because I like the two sizes they provide. Cosrx provides three sizes, but one of them is so tiny it doesn't do me any good.

on 4/24/2017 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first hydrocolloid acne patch I ever tried and i was convinced (by the concept)! I have a bad habit of picking and popping so being able to place a sticker on top to draw out whatever guck inside and keep the site clean and promote healing was a lifesaver for me. However this product was hard for me to source locally. Also it wasn't very adhesive and would come off in bed by morning. Since then I've discovered Korean hydrocolloid acne patches commonly found at the checkout area of the Korean grocers - much better value and quality!

on 3/31/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's honestly not the best hydrocolloidal bandages I've tried. It doesn't suck up the white stuff from my erupted spots as well as some of the ones I've tried. Plus, the bandage is soo damn thick compared to other ones I've used! I feel like it doesn't stick to really big spots sosties. However, the best thing about Nexcare if how cheap it is to buy from eBay or elsewhere online. I would get it if I wanna stock up on hydrocolloidal bandages. It's not the best out there, but given how cheap it is, I wouldn't pass this off either.

on 3/24/2017 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

These patches are tiny hydrocolloid patches that are unmedicated yet act as a sterile moist cover which draws out the gunk inside white head, it even lessens those painful jawline bumps that never come to a head. They are expensive ($7.99 + tax) for what they are , but for me they have saved my skin from hyperpigmentation, a covered spot does not form a scab and instead allows the wound ( sore broken skin that is the aftermath of a cyst or deep white head) to heal within days without leaving any discoloration.
Any time I have run out of these patches and have broken out ,the discoloration of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is significantly darker and take months and moths to heal, which ends up costing more in time, product and tears in the long run.
As others have said you can lance the white head and cover and the resulting ooze that is absorbed into the patch is very satisfying to see as it is no longer congesting your pores or breaking you out. Plus once the the ooze is extracted the painful bumps are no longer painful.
On Amazon you can subscribe and save and get 15% off right away, they are also available on walgreens.com.
Get them if you have acne prone skin , you won't regret it

on 2/11/2017 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Can always count on this to help in healing any inflamed breakouts! Been using this for years and I will always keep repurchasing because it is the most effective product when it comes to dealing with pimples.

on 2/10/2017 4:37:00 PM

These should be a staple for anyone who suffers from any sort of acne.

Price: I think I paid $7 for a pack on eBay; my acne comes in spurts, so 36 lasted me more than a year.

Packaging: these come in a sterile wrapping and the pads themselves are sandwiched between two pieces of clear plastic. It can be a little tricky at first to determine which is the truly sticky side.

Product: About 15 years ago, Biore (maker of those ever-popular blackhead nose strips) used to make a product that was extremely similar to these--they were sticky on one side, tan on the other, about the size of a dime and contained salicylic acid. You'd put the patch on a red, raised pimple in the evening, go to bed, and in the morning when you took it off, all of the infection in the pimple would be brought to the surface of your skin and / or dissolved, depending on how big the issue was. I loved those, and of course did not stock up, only to find that when my acne returned after a 10 year hiatus, Biore no longer makes them. In my frantic search to find something comparable, I ran across these.

As other reviews have stated, the package contains a mix of small and large circle silicone-like pads; the larger are about the size of a pencil eraser, while the smaller ones are about half that size. I will agree that the product could be improved by making these all uniformly the larger size; the smaller ones are almost too tiny, and forget about finding it in your bed if it falls off overnight. These go on relatively clear (you will mostly see your skin underneath) and should be applied only to totally clean, dry skin--NO moisturizer, NO toner, nothing. (I put this on then carefully do my routine around it). I guess you could *probably* get away with wearing these out of the house if you were hiding it under your bangs or something, but they are not so indiscreet that no one would notice. In any case, put it on, go to bed, peel it off in the morning (as I said, it will take trial and error on learning how to stick these). If you've done it right, the pad will not only contain a bunch of oily, discolored residue from the pimple, but it will have either reduced the pimple to a flat red spot (all of the junk is now on the patch) or brought the majority of what was left in your skin to the surface. I've had okay luck even using these on deep, painful, cystic pimples--it may take a few nights of consecutive use, but eventually it will draw most of the crap out.

Although could stand to be improved (are you listening Nexcare? The Biore size and design was really perfect!), these are inexpensive and easy enough to use that you truly can't go wrong with having some on hand for acne flair ups. I find these do a much better job at reducing the inflammation and infection in pimples than just about anything else I've tried.

on 2/10/2017 11:22:00 AM

The only pimple stickers I buy. I got cosrx but I definitely think these work way more. Gets out gunk from pimples that have come to head.

Will buy until I get out of this stupid adult acne phase.

on 1/13/2017 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an amazing product. I use it on any zits that are "angry" looking (red, swollen, leaking), applying to clean and dry skin (i.e. no lotion applied) before bed. By morning, the zit is always flattened and, therefore, more easily covered by makeup and well on its way to being healed. This even works on hormonal zits. After my first few uses, I immediately tracked down 2 more boxes so that I'll always have a stash on hand.

on 9/29/2016 12:33:00 AM

10 out of 5 stars. My coworker gave this to me as a Christmas present last year but I never got around to using it until recently. I have the Chinese version of this acne patch. The first time I used this, I made the mistake of using the patch after putting on my skin care regimine. The acne patch just ended up on my pajamas pants when I woke up in the morning. Your skin MUST be clean and free of any substances to adhere to the skin well enough overnight. Also, this patch is best used on surface zits and after you make a small drain hole. These acne patches aren't for cystic acne or anything deep in the layers of skin. After my coworker told me how to used them, I tried again and found that it really does work. It shrunk the zit flat and was way less red.

This is an amazing product to heal and draw out whatever is causing your pimples. Definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to try something fast and easy.