3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

3M - Nexcare Acne Patch
3M - Nexcare Acne PatchNexcare Hong Kong3M - Nexcare Acne Patch3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

4.4

hydrocolloid and ethylene oxide

on 9/29/2016 12:33:00 AM

10 out of 5 stars. My coworker gave this to me as a Christmas present last year but I never got around to using it until recently. I have the Chinese version of this acne patch. The first time I used this, I made the mistake of using the patch after putting on my skin care regimine. The acne patch just ended up on my pajamas pants when I woke up in the morning. Your skin MUST be clean and free of any substances to adhere to the skin well enough overnight. Also, this patch is best used on surface zits and after you make a small drain hole. These acne patches aren't for cystic acne or anything deep in the layers of skin. After my coworker told me how to used them, I tried again and found that it really does work. It shrunk the zit flat and was way less red.

This is an amazing product to heal and draw out whatever is causing your pimples. Definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to try something fast and easy.

on 9/8/2016 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Seems to work best on a popped pimple, something that's sort of seeping. That being said I've tried it on a deep pimple that was nowhere near surfacing and it did help shrink it down a bit (no idea how that worked tbh). So I apply one of these on my pimple at night and in the morning it's a lot smaller and the patch has a gross little white spot on it, which I assume is the oil etc from the pimple. I wish there were more big patches in the box instead of a mix of small and large as I don't find the small ones to be big enough for me. They also don't always stick quite as well as I would like. So 4/5 for me because of the size issue and lack of sticking well all the time (I've found these in my hair in the morning instead of on my face). Would repurchase.

To Read all 88 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I agree with most reviewer. This is effective for those popped pimples. It's quite thick but absorbs really well. It's better than spotmedic

on 6/17/2016 2:54:00 AM

Read my full review here: (I make a comparison between different brands of acne patches)

on 6/16/2016 5:53:00 AM

So I just started getting into skincare a couple of weeks ago (terribly late in life, I know) and I suddenly developed a patch of really stubborn blackheads on my cheek. Being the 'genius' that I am, I scratched at one and voila! I now had blackheads AND a volcano-esque red ring around that one I scratched up *facepalm*

Needless to say, I dashed to the nearest drugstore and scoured the shelves for some sort of relief.

Enter Nexcare Acne Patch!

I actually bought it together with an anti-pimple treatment and thought I could them both at the same time. Reading the instructions, however, I left off the treatment and stuck several patches on as is after my PM cleansing and left it on overnight.

Guess what? The volcano LITERALLY deflated by the next morning and you wouldn't believe just how much gunk was on the patch, all drawn out while I slept! The other patches I'd stuck on the blackheads pulled them out, too, all without me having to scrub or mask or anything! Sure, it's not perhaps something you'd want to go out wearing (it's a little thick and difficult to cover up) but as far as usefulness is concerned it's a HG for me.

Plus points:
+ adheres well to skin; didn't come off despite me being a rather violent sleeper
+ no skin irritation or leftover residue when removed
+ works on inflamed and normal acne

Minuses:
- the packaging is sterile...right up until you open it. I would have much preferred the patches individually wrapped.
- may be pricey depending on where you purchase them, but as a quick fix it is virtually unbeatable value.
- difficult to conceal under makeup, so best used at home

on 6/9/2016 1:44:00 AM

My holy grail as far as hydrocolloid bandages go. I am a serial skin picker (I know, bad habit, making it worse etc etc. I'm aware) and can't kick the compulsion because my acne has gotten more severe over the years. These are a godsend for sucking and absorbing up all the pus and other gunk from the open wound that is left after picking a pimple. Whether you properly pop your pimples, lance them, or whatever, these little bandages will make them turn into flat red marks in the morning. That's right- they work literally overnight.

The packaging isn't great; you only get two packages inside and each package contains about 8 of the larger sized bandages and plenty of the smaller sized ones. This isn't great for someone who picks their skin because I generally need more of the larger size. I go through about 2 full packs of these a week :(

As for the price, they're about 14$ with tax at my local London Drugs. Kind of expensive considering how often I use them, but I doubt I'll be switching to any other hydrocolloids in the near future.

BUY THESE if you pick at your acne! You won't be sorry that you did.

Despite the prevailing wisdom that one should NOT pop a pimple (and instead, let it "heal" on its own), I find that an untouched pimple simply hangs around. While I've used 2% BHA for years, I've found its effectiveness at reducing pimples to be negligible. Great for "disinfecting", but beyond that? Hmm. Azelaic acid, similarly, seemed to be ineffective for reducing pimples (and I find it better at lightening acne scars). Nothing beats these sticky little silicone dots for whiteheads! I'll either use my fingers or the flat side of an extracting tool, and then slap one on. That's when the magic starts to happen. Overnight, the "gunk" miraculously ends up the dot. It's quite satisfying to see the previously faint yellow patch turn white. On particularly persistent whiteheads, another dot might be needed. I repeat until ALL the gunk is gone and find that whitehead healing time is expedited. These things are truly brilliant!

on 5/15/2016 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is thicker and way more noticeable than the Cosrx acne patch, but it adheres to the skin better and able to absorb more than Cosrx. This is also more expensive. The Taiwanese version I got from eBay comes with pink tweezers, so your fingers wouldn't contaminate the patch. They keep redness and swelling down for acne that haven't come to head. They work magic on acne that popped. I love seeing the patch turn white. You can see how much it absorbed from the popped zit.

on 5/6/2016 2:43:00 AM

best thing ever for when your pimple comes to a head

on 11/16/2015 10:14:00 PM

I love this product!! It definitely works as it's advertised. I use the men's one as well on my bigger zits. Works extremely well. Will be able to see the results the next morning. Tho price is on the pricey side, I would still purchase it. What would I do without this...