3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.4

hydrocolloid and ethylene oxide

on 6/17/2016 2:54:00 AM

Read my full review here: (I make a comparison between different brands of acne patches)

on 6/16/2016 5:53:00 AM

So I just started getting into skincare a couple of weeks ago (terribly late in life, I know) and I suddenly developed a patch of really stubborn blackheads on my cheek. Being the 'genius' that I am, I scratched at one and voila! I now had blackheads AND a volcano-esque red ring around that one I scratched up *facepalm*

Needless to say, I dashed to the nearest drugstore and scoured the shelves for some sort of relief.

Enter Nexcare Acne Patch!

I actually bought it together with an anti-pimple treatment and thought I could them both at the same time. Reading the instructions, however, I left off the treatment and stuck several patches on as is after my PM cleansing and left it on overnight.

Guess what? The volcano LITERALLY deflated by the next morning and you wouldn't believe just how much gunk was on the patch, all drawn out while I slept! The other patches I'd stuck on the blackheads pulled them out, too, all without me having to scrub or mask or anything! Sure, it's not perhaps something you'd want to go out wearing (it's a little thick and difficult to cover up) but as far as usefulness is concerned it's a HG for me.

Plus points:
+ adheres well to skin; didn't come off despite me being a rather violent sleeper
+ no skin irritation or leftover residue when removed
+ works on inflamed and normal acne

Minuses:
- the packaging is sterile...right up until you open it. I would have much preferred the patches individually wrapped.
- may be pricey depending on where you purchase them, but as a quick fix it is virtually unbeatable value.
- difficult to conceal under makeup, so best used at home

To Read all 85 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/9/2016 1:44:00 AM

My holy grail as far as hydrocolloid bandages go. I am a serial skin picker (I know, bad habit, making it worse etc etc. I'm aware) and can't kick the compulsion because my acne has gotten more severe over the years. These are a godsend for sucking and absorbing up all the pus and other gunk from the open wound that is left after picking a pimple. Whether you properly pop your pimples, lance them, or whatever, these little bandages will make them turn into flat red marks in the morning. That's right- they work literally overnight.

The packaging isn't great; you only get two packages inside and each package contains about 8 of the larger sized bandages and plenty of the smaller sized ones. This isn't great for someone who picks their skin because I generally need more of the larger size. I go through about 2 full packs of these a week :(

As for the price, they're about 14$ with tax at my local London Drugs. Kind of expensive considering how often I use them, but I doubt I'll be switching to any other hydrocolloids in the near future.

BUY THESE if you pick at your acne! You won't be sorry that you did.

Despite the prevailing wisdom that one should NOT pop a pimple (and instead, let it "heal" on its own), I find that an untouched pimple simply hangs around. While I've used 2% BHA for years, I've found its effectiveness at reducing pimples to be negligible. Great for "disinfecting", but beyond that? Hmm. Azelaic acid, similarly, seemed to be ineffective for reducing pimples (and I find it better at lightening acne scars). Nothing beats these sticky little silicone dots for whiteheads! I'll either use my fingers or the flat side of an extracting tool, and then slap one on. That's when the magic starts to happen. Overnight, the "gunk" miraculously ends up the dot. It's quite satisfying to see the previously faint yellow patch turn white. On particularly persistent whiteheads, another dot might be needed. I repeat until ALL the gunk is gone and find that whitehead healing time is expedited. These things are truly brilliant!

on 5/15/2016 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is thicker and way more noticeable than the Cosrx acne patch, but it adheres to the skin better and able to absorb more than Cosrx. This is also more expensive. The Taiwanese version I got from eBay comes with pink tweezers, so your fingers wouldn't contaminate the patch. They keep redness and swelling down for acne that haven't come to head. They work magic on acne that popped. I love seeing the patch turn white. You can see how much it absorbed from the popped zit.

on 5/6/2016 2:43:00 AM

best thing ever for when your pimple comes to a head

on 11/16/2015 10:14:00 PM

I love this product!! It definitely works as it's advertised. I use the men's one as well on my bigger zits. Works extremely well. Will be able to see the results the next morning. Tho price is on the pricey side, I would still purchase it. What would I do without this...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These work so well on my zits, I don't know how I ever managed without them! Especially whiteheads; they just seem to flatten and reduce the size everytime. They are also great if you are prone to picking, covering a zit with one of these helps me to forget its there and allows it to heal far quicker.

on 10/20/2015 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

AMAZING!!! I have suffered from acne for years. These pull all of the nasty gunk from a pimple, leaving the skin flatter and heals faster. Like someone else said, this is basically a hydrocolloidal bandage (blister bandage). I've used those cut to size as well. I wish I knew this trick 20 years ago.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Where have these been all my life!?! I picked up a pack at Sasa in Hong Kong after I had remembered hearing about them forever ago on a blog. It just so happened to be perfect timing too because that day I felt a pimple coming on. After doing my normal nighttime skincare routine, I stuck one of these patches on and by the next morning it had come to a head and I was able to pop it. I slapped on another patch and within a few hours it had absorbed most of the liquid and had gone down significantly! I've tried all different kinds of acne medications/treatments and none of them work as well as these little magic patches. I can't speak for the American version, but I'll definitely be placing eBay orders for more of the ones from Asia.