Wen by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioners - All

Wen by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioners - All

3.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Vegetable Oil (Olus Oil), Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Menthol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

on 6/29/2017 8:03:00 PM

This is not a good product. A class action lawsuit and 127 separate complaints of hair loss to the FDA definitely seem to indicate it. My personal experience with it was not favorable. First, I think the claims of hair loss are probably accurate. This product is not a substitute for shampoo. It simply does not have strong enough cleansing agents to break up dirt, sebum or other debris from the scalp or the hair. So the dirt keeps building up around the hair follicle, eventually just causing the hair to fall out. Back to my experience. I have an extremely oily scalp and dry/sensitized ends. I could not use this for even 1 day as a shampoo. My hair would feel just grimy and disgusting and would smell unpleasant from the oil buildup. So I tried using it as a conditioner. 4-6 pumps worked through the length of my hair. I thought it was doing pretty well as a conditioner, although it was way too expensive to justify repurchasing. Then, to my dismay, I went to get a haircut and the hairdresser told me I had really severe flaking at the back of my hair. I couldn't see it, so I didn't even know it was there. It was extremely severe seborrhea. Two prescription oil treatments and numerous shampoos with Nizoral AD over several weeks and it was a lot better. But wow, that was really bad and very embarrassing. Stay away from this stuff. It is garbage.

on 8/24/2016 12:02:00 PM

FDA Issues Safety Alert for Hair Conditioner

on 3/20/2016 12:03:00 AM

I really love WEN. It totally delivered for me - pretty much everything that Chaz Dean said about how beautiful it would make my hair turned out to be true. i don't use as much as he recommends...i don't wash my hair twice like he recommends....and i still get great results. I do use his oils about once a week. I don't really use the replenishment mist very often in the winter, but i use it all summer to stimulate the wave in my hair. At the age of 38, i have the best hair i've had since i was in high school before i started coloring it. I've let my hair grow for the last couple years so it is longer than it has been in 20 yrs....I would have never been able to do that if it wasn't for WEN making my hair healthy, soft, shiny, moisturized....can't use enough complimentary words. Plus i actually wash my hair less now too because it just looks so good i don't have to -- i admit though i do use dry shampoo. My favs are: six thirteen, pomegranate, and ANY of his seasonals!!!

I found this product to have a learning curve but it DOES cleanse the hair and leave it soft and manageable as claimed. I tried the Pomegranate scent which claims to be safe for color treated hair. Well, only used this 3-4 times and everyone started asking me if I had lightened my hair. Basically, this product stripped the color out of my hair in just a few uses which is disappointing because I was looking for a gentle alternative to shampoo.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

So far I love this product. My hair is colored treated Asian hair and has felt dry with build up. After using once it felt soft and layed perfect. This is after using Kerastase even. Let's see how I after a month. Im worried of build up so I will update. The only thing I don't like is you have to use so much so the price is a a lot even if you use only one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This trash made my hair fall out!!!

I wanted to love this. I wanted to love it so much that I MADE myself use it for a month straight because I kept reading that your hair would look worse before looking better. Well, I'm not willing to wait THAT long, I guess. I read online and watched videos and tried using it all kinds of ways, too. More/less pumps, wash one/twice, rinse a little less, rinse a ton, add some more back in at the end before getting out of the shower. If I rinsed too much, my hair felt horrible and dry. If I didn't rinse enough, I'd be greasy. If I rinsed a ton and then added some product back in at the end, my hair would be flat. ARRGH! I tried both the Pomegranate and the 613. The 613 made my hair a little greasier, but not soft and touchable and bouncy (or even halfway decent) like those commercials. And this stuff is expensive. Maybe it's good I didn't like it. :-)

on 2/7/2015 6:16:00 PM

After all the hype I heard about the product, I finally decided to give it a try. I bought it for around $30 at a Sephora store in the mall, and I also bought a spray mist along with it (will review that after). So, maybe it is just me being picky, but I wasn't very impressed with this product. I used it as directed and yes, it did leave my hair manageable and soft, but it didn't really do anything my $3 Herbal Essences conditioner doesn't. It does make your hair tangle free and shiny, but at a pretty high cost (sorry, but $30 is a lot for me to spend on one item that is just okay). And I'm not sure if it is just the winter weather or what, but I noticed that after using it my hair was a little bit staticy! Not good. I bought the lavender scent, and it does smell just like lavender, which was nice. I will try using it over a period of time and see if it improves the condition of my hair or does anything different, but I don't think I will repurchase it. All in all, I'm feeling disappointed after using Wen by Chaz Dean. Then again, maybe my expectations were too high.

on 4/27/2015 11:28:00 PM

For me, Wen is just ok. Nothing special, but not bad. I made a video about it if you want to check it out. :)

I personally love this stuff. The smell can be a little off putting to some, but it never stays in the hair. after I shower and air dry my hair I am left with really soft and smooth laying hair. the only thing I suggest is not to buy it from the wen website, only get it from qvc. The wen website does some weird auto pay thing without you knowing and you sometimes you won't get the products that you paid for.

Popular Shampoos