Wen by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioners - All

Wen by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioners - All

3.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Vegetable Oil (Olus Oil), Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Menthol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

on 8/28/2016 9:16:00 PM

I tried the Sweet Almond Mint cleansing conditioner many years ago. Hated it, because I wasn't using it properly. I was using it instead of shampoo the way Chaz recommends. I'm not sure how that would work for anyone, honestly, and it definitely didn't work for me. My hair and scalp got progressively dirtier and oilier until it smelled and itched and I couldn't stand it.

Fast forward to now. I have an oily scalp and extremely dry lengths. My hair is now pretty long, down to the middle of my back when it is wet. I have 2 b or 2c curls, and I let my hair air dry. I can't skip an entire day of doing some sort of hair wash, because my scalp gets oily and it aggravates seborrhea and I am in pain when I actually wash my hair. My scalp actually feels like I have ingrown hairs. So I decided to try a sample pack of 6 2 oz. cleansing conditioners--tea tree, cucumber aloe, fig, pomegranate, lavender and sweet almond mint. One bottle lasted for approximately 2 washes. I tried it on the alternate day, then tried to see if I could co-wash another day. I wasn't a fan of that. My hair and scalp just looked dirty. I hated the scents of tea tree, cucumber aloe, fig and lavender. I liked the scents of almond mint and pomegranate. I wound up buying mango coconut, a summer scent, in the 32 oz bottle. I can see why there are complaints about significant hair loss from this. It doesn't actually cleanse the hair or the scalp. So the dirt and oil that surround the hair follicle just gets thicker and heavier and the hair winds up coming out. I will use up the conditioner as just that--a conditioner for the ends of my hair. But I won't be using it anymore as a substitute for shampooing. Not even on the alternate day. My hair and scalp just weren't getting clean.

on 8/24/2016 12:02:00 PM

FDA Issues Safety Alert for Hair Conditioner

on 3/20/2016 12:03:00 AM

I really love WEN. It totally delivered for me - pretty much everything that Chaz Dean said about how beautiful it would make my hair turned out to be true. i don't use as much as he recommends...i don't wash my hair twice like he recommends....and i still get great results. I do use his oils about once a week. I don't really use the replenishment mist very often in the winter, but i use it all summer to stimulate the wave in my hair. At the age of 38, i have the best hair i've had since i was in high school before i started coloring it. I've let my hair grow for the last couple years so it is longer than it has been in 20 yrs....I would have never been able to do that if it wasn't for WEN making my hair healthy, soft, shiny, moisturized....can't use enough complimentary words. Plus i actually wash my hair less now too because it just looks so good i don't have to -- i admit though i do use dry shampoo. My favs are: six thirteen, pomegranate, and ANY of his seasonals!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This trash made my hair fall out!!!

I found this product to have a learning curve but it DOES cleanse the hair and leave it soft and manageable as claimed. I tried the Pomegranate scent which claims to be safe for color treated hair. Well, only used this 3-4 times and everyone started asking me if I had lightened my hair. Basically, this product stripped the color out of my hair in just a few uses which is disappointing because I was looking for a gentle alternative to shampoo.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

So far I love this product. My hair is colored treated Asian hair and has felt dry with build up. After using once it felt soft and layed perfect. This is after using Kerastase even. Let's see how I after a month. Im worried of build up so I will update. The only thing I don't like is you have to use so much so the price is a a lot even if you use only one.

I wanted to love this. I wanted to love it so much that I MADE myself use it for a month straight because I kept reading that your hair would look worse before looking better. Well, I'm not willing to wait THAT long, I guess. I read online and watched videos and tried using it all kinds of ways, too. More/less pumps, wash one/twice, rinse a little less, rinse a ton, add some more back in at the end before getting out of the shower. If I rinsed too much, my hair felt horrible and dry. If I didn't rinse enough, I'd be greasy. If I rinsed a ton and then added some product back in at the end, my hair would be flat. ARRGH! I tried both the Pomegranate and the 613. The 613 made my hair a little greasier, but not soft and touchable and bouncy (or even halfway decent) like those commercials. And this stuff is expensive. Maybe it's good I didn't like it. :-)

on 4/27/2015 11:28:00 PM

For me, Wen is just ok. Nothing special, but not bad. I made a video about it if you want to check it out. :)

on 2/7/2015 6:16:00 PM

After all the hype I heard about the product, I finally decided to give it a try. I bought it for around $30 at a Sephora store in the mall, and I also bought a spray mist along with it (will review that after). So, maybe it is just me being picky, but I wasn't very impressed with this product. I used it as directed and yes, it did leave my hair manageable and soft, but it didn't really do anything my $3 Herbal Essences conditioner doesn't. It does make your hair tangle free and shiny, but at a pretty high cost (sorry, but $30 is a lot for me to spend on one item that is just okay). And I'm not sure if it is just the winter weather or what, but I noticed that after using it my hair was a little bit staticy! Not good. I bought the lavender scent, and it does smell just like lavender, which was nice. I will try using it over a period of time and see if it improves the condition of my hair or does anything different, but I don't think I will repurchase it. All in all, I'm feeling disappointed after using Wen by Chaz Dean. Then again, maybe my expectations were too high.

I personally love this stuff. The smell can be a little off putting to some, but it never stays in the hair. after I shower and air dry my hair I am left with really soft and smooth laying hair. the only thing I suggest is not to buy it from the wen website, only get it from qvc. The wen website does some weird auto pay thing without you knowing and you sometimes you won't get the products that you paid for.

Popular Shampoos