Maybelline New York Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Grey

No Image

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved that the brush was thin and the eyeliner went on smoothly. I did have to go over the eyelid twice to get it to cover completely. What I did not like was it did not last all day, it started to flake off. Found pieces of the eyeliner on my face,in my brows. If I rubbed my eyes it came off. I thought with a name like mabeline I was getting a dependable product. Cheaper brands were of better quality. Very disappointed. I like products that are easy to use and look good.

on 2/20/2016 4:00:00 PM

I used to buy this year's ago. It was my go-to eyeliner. A few years ago,I went back to it,seeing as it never failed me. I was wrong. It is not waterproof. Sure,it doesn't flake off,nor does it smidge,but the waterproofing is gone. One tear, an oily lid, a light mist and it's gone or smudged. My test for waterproof is lightly licking the tip of my finger and gently pressing it against the make-up. This failed. I'm on a mission to find a replacement.

This was my first liquid eyeliner I bought. Got hooked because it was quite cheap and was also waterproof. All was well when I put it on; the felt tip allowed for control and easy application ... HOWEVER, after about half an hour my lids started to itch like crazy! When I rushed to take it off it made my eyes sting, go red and water like crazy!!!!! =( So warning to people with sensitive eyes - not a good product for you!! (although this would be great for people without this problem; but then, i suppose its not marketed for sensitive people) *sigh* shall never stray from my beloved clinique products again ...NOTE: without the sensitivity issues, it deserves five lippies =)

on 3/8/2008 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

i had high hope for this eyeliner but it didnt meet up to my expectation. it smudged at teh end of the day because i have oily asian lids. the brush/feltip applicator eventually became too hard and every time I try to put the eyeliner on it always poked my lids and sometimes even hut them.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I looove this liquid eyeliner, it really does stay on all day and i've grown pretty accustomed to its precision with the tip. I use this everyday because I dont have to worry about my liner running. The staying power is unbelievable, I've compared it to Revlon's liquid eyeliner and this one doesn't run as much if my eye were to tear or water. I've purchased so many bottles of these than I can remember. Really great product once you get used to it. Love this in black as well.

This color, grey is nice because it is not too dark. But still, it is a little darker than I like. The brush/liner is wonderful, it has a nice pointed tip that you can use to line and angle, and create and line you want. Its easy to use. It lasts the whole day if it is applied neatly and rarely flakes.

on 11/18/2006 2:30:00 AM

I am impressed with this liner. Though fast-time liquid liner user, I could gain a pretty good control by the second day. It IS very long-lasting and waterproof. I got black first and decided to buy grey for more frequent daily use, because this black is true jet black (which I like). Love this shade of grey--it is not harsh as black and more like "soft" black. This is perfect for the upper lids and I have not yet mastered how to put this thing correctly on my lower lids. (It is highly likely that I would end up using liner pencil for the lower lids, but it's fine)
Only one problem I have is that this tends to make my eye a bit waterly though it is supposed to be okay for sensitive eyes and contact lense wearer. I'll see if this issue persists or not.

I like this. I picked it up on a whim from the drugstore. The price wasn't too expensive (about 5-6 USD). I'm not a fan of black liner, so the dark grey color is perfect for just enough drama. The packaging is great. It's got an easy-to-hold handle and a short, felt tip on the end, which makes applying the liquid liner practically goof proof. The staying power is okay. I did have to reapply after about seven hours, but for the money, it's a good bargain, especially since it's the only liquid liner I can get to look right while not spending a huge chunk of my getting-ready time. Would repurchase.

on 1/12/2006 5:02:00 PM

It's so easy to apply using the felt tip. It dries quickly, lasts a long time, and doesn't smudge. I'm never going back to pencil for the upper lid. It's also very inexpensive and I will definitely buy this product again.

on 11/17/2005 5:50:00 PM

I've tried their Ultra eyeliner and hated it, so never thought about giving this a try. But I needed a waterproof liquid eyeliner, so I thought why not. This is such a great liquid eyeliner!! Possibly one of the best among all the ones I've ever tried. The felt tip makes it so much easier to apply, and this lasts forever on me, even on the inner rims.