4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Packaging is nice--I like tubs bcoz you can get out every last bit then rinse the tub out & use it to store somem else. The price *IS* a turn off for someone who was using V05 & Dollar Tree products mainly (mousse, hairspray, gel, & my good old V05 or living it up w using up random Victoria's Secret in my shower [which isn't cheap it's like $10/bottle] I've used evthing from V05 to Living Proof [$25 for 8oz! Eek!!] soap is not all soap there's a difference--to a point.) same w condish you don't always pay for your what you get. Living Proof was overrated & V05 underrated IME it depends on the water dilution. The cheaper brands are thinner but that's ok for me bcoz I have greasy roots but condish goes on your ends but I'm trying to nurture my scalp so I pretty much put it all over my head. whatever. it's good stuff I'll keep rebuying most def! I find products best to try on a case-by-case basis for a couple of weeks to a month b4 making a decision esp since I only wash my hair ev 4-5 days so I got to take a month to decide but I will come back & update so far „alles gut!" Don't let the price scare you off. This frugal gal is happy w my M/C purchases! If I can get a couple of months worth of the product I will feel satisfied for $$$ spent. I do remember wash my hair ev 4-5 days so 6-7 washes in a month maybe x2 = 14 washes can I stretch that out of this tub? My hair is downy soft & no heat required! Yay!!

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

3 years ago

I guess I have to be that unfortunate person to step in and bring down the good rating. This did absolutely nothing, nada, zilch for my hair. I'm giving two lippies because it didn't seem to make my hair feel any worse either, but all in all I pretty much ran my money down the drain on this product. I keep reaching for products that are known to work well for dry, curly hair because that is obviously what I'm dealing with, yet ironically I have the most success with deep conditioners that aren't specifically formulated for that. For a long time I thought it was the protein-heavy ingredients they tend to have that made my hair feel dry afterward, but this is a protein-free conditioner, so I really don't know what the problem is. The scent and packaging are both fine, and the consistency seemed thick and creamy which is usually a good sign, but when I washed this out of my hair (after leaving it in a good 15 minutes), there was nothing in the way of moisture to be had. I only bought the small travel size of this, so there's a silver lining, but I won't be using this again.

About reviewer (274 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

3 years ago

I am one of those gals who has a difficult time finding conditioners which work for my curly, long and thick, coarse, dry hair - which is evident from my 99 million other reviews on conditioners over the years. Given this, its nice when I find a conditioner which is kinda "no frills" in that it is simply packaged, does as advertised, and is priced appropriately. That's what you get with this product. I like that this product detangles well, and that it conditions nicely leaving my hair soft and manageable. It's a very thick product, which I both like and dislike; I find I don't need additional leave in products using this, but I also feel as if I am using a lot more of this than necc because its so thick. While this stuff didn't blow my mind, I do find it performs much better than other drugstore conditioners on the market. As far as comparing it to higher end conditioners in the same price point (the $12-$15 range) such as those by Kenra and Redkin, the MC conditioner is much better IMO. On the other hand, if you go up a couple bux in price (say the $16-$20 range) you will get far more superior products than MC with better ingredients. BUUUTTT... If you are like me and need a good and not to pricey conditioner to use a few days a week to make your more spendy products last a bit longer, than this is a really good supplement. Now do I feel its a little overpriced? Yeah, I do - this should really be one of those $9.99 deals. I'm not floored by this product, but I also have no real issues or complaints with it either. I do recommend it though because it does what it says and that's a rare find when it comes to taming and detangling.

About reviewer (497 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

4 years ago

I have what, I think, people call cave girl hair-- uneven curl pattern, can be frizzy, tangled, etc. This conditioner is one of the better that I've tried. Definitely controls the frizz, and detangles, while maintaining volume. Packaging is ok; price is high; wish it was available at Ulta or Sephora (then, at least, I'd get points for this money). Might repurchase.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I have color treated,naturally spiral curly hair 3b mixed with 3a & 3c's and have been using this off and on for 2yrs now..I like it a lot!!!! While I do rotate & use other deep conditioners this one is one I always come back to! I love how its thick & creamy....I have bra strap length hair & don't have to use tons of it,a decent amount goes a long way!! Its easy to spread out on my hair & it rinses out well too without making my hair feel weighed down....detangling is a breeze!! This one really keeps my hair hydrated & soft...and my curls always look really great whenever I use this. **When I really want a super deep treatment I take a few drops of argan oil or whatever oil I have at the time and mix a little in my hands with the conditioner sit for 30mins or less & its even more amazing!!!!!

About reviewer (835 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

I have purchased this product twice already. This should show how dedicated I am to it. I will start off by saying that I am a mixed girl, with an African American mom and a Native American father. Somehow, my mom's genes overpowered dads and I got very curly, very fine hair that is difficult to control. I used this product because I felt that my hair was not getting moisturized or babied enough, and when my hair is too dry or lacking in some essential nutrients, it just looks like something crawled on top of my head and died. I typically will co-wash my hair with Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner (I follow the curly girl routine but I have modified it, as I've noticed that fine haired curlies tend to have problems with just the regular method alone) and then follow up with either the Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner or Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle. I typically leave this conditioner in for 5-7 minutes at a time. The mixed chicks softens and moisturizes my hair and leaves it easy to manage and not dry at all. I don't care for the smell, but this product seems to melt away tangles and leaves my hair easy to comb through and de-tangle. I usually concentrate this product on my ends, as too much near the roots will leave my hair limp and greasy. I refuse to de-tangle without using this or my Suave Daily Clarifying. As far as packaging, I really wish this had a pump and a rubber bottom. I set this on the side of my bathtub and there have been several close calls where I've nearly dropped this into a tub full of water and literally have $14 go down the drain. The little tub tends to slide around on ceramic when it's wet. I also don't like that you have to scoop this out with your hands. However, I can live with these things. It is a holy grail product for me. I pay $14 for a little tub of this at Target. Since I use this every time I co-wash, I tend to run out quickly, usually within 4 months. I may begin exploring other deep conditioners that are slightly less expensive, as this one does hurt a little when I purchase it. I can also only find it at Target or online. However, I really like what this deep conditioner does for my hair and have found nothing that comes even halfway close (except Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle).

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

1.0

5 years ago

I was really disappointed in this product. I had high hopes after reading all the reviews on MUA, but this product did not deliver. I used it twice, leaving it on for a few minutes each time like the directions say, and it actually left my hair feeling drier and puffier than before. My hair is thick, coarse, and chemically straightened and highlighted/ colored so I was looking for a deep conditioner to use once or twice a week as a mask. I will be returning this, because for the $14 I could use suave and it would work the same :( don't recommend

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

5 years ago

This deep conditioner left my hair soft and moisturized. The scent is a little weird to me. I left it on overnight with a plastic cap on and the results were nice. Easy to rinse out and style afterwards. The price is a turn off for me though

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

6 years ago

I don't exclusively practice the curly girl method. So, I refuse to down any product right off the bat just because it has silicones in it. There are no rules when it comes to taking care of naturally textured hair. And, the originator Curly Girl Method, Lorraine Massey did not come up with a one-size-fits-all type of method for managing textured hair that works best for all curlies. I have tried going the CG Method exclusively a number of times, and I've found it's just not 100% for me. So, if I try a product and it works and doesn't cause any noticeable harm to my hair, scalp, and/or health, then by all means I'm going to continue using it. I like the slip that this conditioner provides most of all. As, it makes my hair feel softer, easier to detangle, and it leaves my hair feeling moisturized. Also, the smell of this product is pretty okay. And, even though it comes in an 8 oz. jar, a little does go a long way. You don't have to use a lot to get great results. This conditioner can be used by individuals with all different types of hair, and by any race as well. This is not an exclusive brand, that caters to silky, wavy or curly hair types. So, please don't let the brand name ever deter you from giving this line a try. They offer products for both adults and kids, so definitely be sure to check them out! I know that It's pricey, but I highly recommend giving the line a try, as they actually do offer super inexpensive sample sized packs on their website, that offer a great way to introduce yourself go the line for sure!

About reviewer (972 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

6 years ago

I've bought this several times already. Really like it. Thick enough to condition and detangle but washes out nicely. I sometimes use it as an over night conditioner too. The tub is alright but a squeeze tube is always better but you can certainly get every ounce out of the jar.. I've also tried the leave in conditioner that I didn't like as much. I think if you had thinner hair it would be nicer to use as a leave in, at my wiry texture I needed too much product and then it got crusty..

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure