Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm

Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm

4.2

active ingredients: Octinoxate, Oxybenzone. Other ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe butter), beeswax, butylrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, camphor, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, meadowfoam delta-lactone, menthol, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, ozokerite, palmitoyl oligopeptide, paraffin, persea gratissima (avocado butter), phenol, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, ricinus communis

I like this product quite a bit. It keeps my lips smooth and has a very nice smell. A lot of people smell medicine when they smell Carmex but I usually smell a bit of vanilla. I really enjoy this and can definitely feel it working, as it tingles just a little bit. Also the two that I bought had a very pretty pattern on the outside (possibly limited addition?). The one thing I didn't like about it is when I scrolled the product completely up to see how much I had left it got stuck resulting in me having to throw one of them away. I take that into fault I shouldn't have done that, so if you buy this product don't be stupid like I was and scroll it up completely. Other than that great product and most definitely repurchase, as the price was pretty cheap.

on 2/28/2016 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Obsessed with this balm. I have been using carmex products since as long as I can remember. Not only is it super cheap, it works wonders for me. I get horrible dry cracked and chapped lips that hurt and I put this on non stop throughout the day and put a good two coats on at night and it really does improve my lips. The only critique I can give about this would be the smell. Its a little bit strong, and the taste is horrible. But for only like $1 and to be as good as it is, I can deal with it. I will keep repurchasing this product as long as they keep putting it out!

To Read all 102 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/14/2016 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this, it is my HG lip balm. It's a bargain, lasts ages in the tube, lasts ages when put on, is a pleasure to slick on as it's light and so moist and smooth. I have also tried the tinted ones of these too and, despite being dubious about the shades, found both the pink and coral shades to be surprisingly lovely and flattering. I hadn't realised it has SPF though, I prefer to not be eating that throughout the day, so will look for one without in future.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was on medication at the time that dried up my lips and this product was the only thing that saved me! Amazingly hydrating!

on 9/26/2015 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use other lip balms during the day, but at night, this is the best! It seems to stay put over night and my lips are so smooth in the morning. It stays on my nightstand for this reason.

on 9/25/2015 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my holy grail lip balm. This was the first lip balm I have ever used up and have continued to repurchase for the past year. Every now and then I'll buy a different lip balm to try out but have come back to this one over and over.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in the pink and peach shade and I absolutely love it. Why?
- Goes on smoothly
- Amazing color pay off - You can get a really intense color if you build up 2-3 times
- My lips are softer than ever
- Sweet vanilla scent with Carmex's signature menthol feel
- Slim packaging so it fits perfectly in my wallet
- SPF 15
- All in one lip balm/doubles as a lipstick

This has been my go too lip balm for the past week and a half and I can't believe i haven't purchased this sooner. I see it at Priceline but i alway tended to opt for Niva etc. So i thought i'd give it a go and now im hooked.

Shades:
Pink - Looks really bright and intense in the tube and you can actually get that true shade if you apply multiple layers! But one application is really nice. Its a nice cool neutural pink.
Peach - The packaging says "sheer" peach but it isn't sheer! Its actually darker than the pink shade and is more of a darker pink/rose color. Between the two, i tend to lean towards the peach shade.

To me they're a little pricey for a lipbalm, but it doubles up as a lipstick for me so i think its well worth it!

I haven't seen the other colors at priceline. I think they only stock the pink, peach and the clear one.

But nonetheless, I'm very happy with this lipbalm! I only use this because it moisturises, gives me a nice hint of color (or intense if i build it up ), SPF protection and leaves my lips smooth! What more can i ask for?!

on 5/2/2015 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This seems like a combination of ChapStick and Carmex. I haven't found the Carmex stick balm for a while and needed something to replace it. This balm is okay, but not what the other stick balm was. It's not like any of the other products though. It's not completely bad, but doesn't seem to have the healing power that the original Carmex formula does.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

In comparison to the Carmex in the pot, this is much less strong and to me feels like a mixture of Carmex in the pot and Vaseline. Unfortunately, it also wore off incredibly fast and I would need to reapply every 30 minutes (more frequently than the pot version) or else the skin on my lips would start to peel. I had the clear one and I think the smell was supposed to be vanilla, but mixed in with the regular Carmex smell made for a weird combination.

I did appreciate the slant tip applicator and slimline tube, but of course this type of packaging does have less product in it (.075 oz whereas the standard lip balm tube has .15 oz and the Carmex in the pot version has .25 oz) so it's not the best deal out there.

Overall, this really didn't do much for my lips and only seemed to make them worse. I didn't have the best experience with the original Carmex in the pot, but this one was definitely worse.

Love this stuff. Bought it a while ago because it was dirt cheap (maybe less than $1 a tube), had SPF, and was in a cute/sleek lipstick package. If this is how the Carmex in the pot feels like, I can totally see why people have an addiction to it. The camphor/menthol smell is strong and cooling; I know it can be irritating to some, but even when my lips were flaky and bleeding, it did not hurt. The balm is slick, soft, and thick. It has an average lasting power (3 hrs, give or take). I think it is a little too slick to be good under lipstick, but you can easily blot most of it off so lipcolor lasts longer.

Popular Lip Treatments