Simple Oil Balancing Moisturiser

Simple Oil Balancing Moisturiser

3.1

Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Corn Starch Modified, Zinc PCA, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Benzophenone-4, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene Glycol, Phytosphingosine, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate

on 2/6/2016 9:12:00 PM

I actually prefer this moisturiser compared to the light moisturiser in the day. It doesn't give me any breakouts considering that I have sensitive oily skin. It does help to reduce oil and helps my makeup stay in place even when I skip my MUFE primer. Great product for its price!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Wish this products was a little bit cheaper, but that's the only negative point. This product is very good as it hydrates my skin (sometimes it can get a bit dry) but doesn't make it oily. Definitely recommend if you have oily skin and no other moisturise will work on you.

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/29/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is very oily and at first I thought this moisturizer would be my savior. For the first 2-3 months I loved how it kept my skin matte. Then I started noticing that my foundation wouldn't apply smoothly and I had dry patches. I also started getting spots on my lower cheeks where I never used to get spots. I didn't realise it was this that was drying out my skin until I forgot this moisturizer somewhere and had to use another one. I was so disappointed because usually I love Simple products.

on 4/20/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am yet to find my HG moisturiser. This product was neither good nor terrible. I wouldnt say it balances my oil and it does feel quite light on the skin, but it was just average. Nothing special.

on 3/23/2015 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this moisturizer. I am quite oily and I do feel like I do not get as oily when I wear it. My skin absorbs it really quickly, so it never feels greasy or heavy. I have used La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat which is also supposed to moisturize and control oil, and I think the Simple oil balancing moisturizer does a much better job, for a much better price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Cheap, readily avaliable and does the job. I slap a fair amount on and let it sink in overnight for nice soft skin in the morning. Nice consistency and light frangrence. It's probably not the best moisturiser out there but I always seem to go back to this reliable little product.

on 1/23/2015 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Clogged pores. Everywhere. I've been using this for now 3 months at the same time i took out my birth control implant so this whole time i just thought that the clogged pores was because my implant was out and my skin was back to being oily. nope.

To be fair it has amazing packaging, no fragrance, excellent for sensitive skin, price is fab but the matifying effect was just... meh -nothing to write home about, and very pore clogging. I say that because i had clogged pores EVERYWHERE on my face.

I didn't realise it was pore clogging until i went to my facialist in Singapore who did this intensive deep clearing + extraction + IPL + diamond peel overhaul on my skin that was looking like absolute shite (pimples, scaring, rough as hell texture, blotchy -you name it i had it) and 5 days post-facial and using her Germaine de Capuccini moisturiser which wasn't much more than a standard hydration gel cream my skin was flawless... like airbrushed -even tone, no pores nothing.. i didn't even wear make up. but i couldn't handily the strong fragrance of the cream so i switched back to simple clear skin moisturiser because i figured -well i've been using it for ages. can't be this thats clogging my pores. must be my oily skin + makeup that's doing that (even though i double cleanse morning and night)

the morning after using simple moisturiser my face was back to its clogged state. seriously it was such a wake up call. i was stubborn though and used it 4 times (twice a day/2 days) because i was in denial cause it was such a cheap moisturiser i wanted it to work so bad! but after i stopped and switched to a different moisturiser - Clarins Hydroquench for normal to combination skin - and double cleansed twice in a row with a cleanser and a wee bit of salicylic acid for two days in a row my skin was back to it's post-facial glory.

so those of you with oily or very oily skin that's prone to breakouts if you use the wrong ingredients like me - give this a miss. i really wanted it to work for the 4 price tag but in the end it cost me so much more because of the facial it took to sort my pores and skin out.

on 10/12/2014 11:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Nice moisturiser. I don't have very oily skin, just an oily t-zone, and it has helped balance some of my oils. Not completely, but has definitely helped. It's also a good moisturiser on my cheeks, which are normal. My skin always feels nice and soft after this product, I would definitely consider repurchasing, as it's one of the only good budget moisturisers for oilier skin. As it's from Simple, it's uncoloured and has no scent, and it didn't break me out. Packaging is OK, I wish they'd but it in the same packaging as their hydrating light moisturiser, but nevermind. Overall, a really good moisturiser!

on 6/6/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Simple is a good company, what i like about their products is that none of them basically have any smell. My skin is very sensitive to perfumes added in cosmetics. This moisturiser is all right. Sometimes i need to add something extra to moisturise my skin properly. It does not regulate oil production, but up to couple of hours after application,skin is not that oily as it normally was. I wouldnt use it if my skin was dry. The only downside of this product is the quantity. U get very little, but then again all simple products are finishing fast. I really love simple oil balancing scrub... What a pity it doesnt last for long.

This moisturizer is okay. It has a little less product in it and it only lasted me for a while. I believe the Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturizer has more product in it.

Anyway, this moisturizer worked a little. I have combination skin. I still get oily around my nose but its less compared to the moisturizer I mentioned earlier. The rest of my T-zone didn't get oily, or only a little if it did. Its pretty good at reducing the oil.

When this moisturizer is absorbed into my skin, I touched my face and it feels like it doesn't have moisturizer on it at all (Don't know if that's a good or bad thing). So overall, this moisturizer has less product than usual, good at reducing oil, doesn't feel like you have moisturizer on at all.