OPI Bastille My Heart

OPI Bastille My Heart
Bastille My Heart (sun)OPI - Bastille My HeartBastille My Heart - OPI

4.7

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Bastille My Heart is a gorgeous, classic shade from OPI. It is a deep apple red/burgundy shade with a slight shimmer which gives the polish a velvety and luxurious look on the nails. This colour would suit all skin tones, and looks very classy and sophisticated. It is appropriate for all ages, and all circumstances including work, interviews, formal occasions and everyday wear. It is a very versatile colour. The formula was excellent and only two coats were needed to reach full opacity. It didn't apply streakily or patchily. It dried quickly and to a shiny finish, and lasted for around 4 days without chipping or tipwear, which is fairly standard for OPI polishes. I really enjoyed this polish and would recommend it to anyone searching for a deeper shade of red.

on 12/28/2016 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was looking for something new but I love my reds. And I came across this one at the nail salon. So I decided to get it and a gold gel overlay on one of my nails. The color is so rich and so beautiful. It's not a cherry red but it's more like a crimson almost. I don't normally get compliments on my nails because I don't have them done often but I've gotten quite a few compliments on this color I wish I could find it in a lipstick.
Full Size Image

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

This is a gorgeous deep rasberry color.I think it looks wonderful on my very pale skin.Goes on smooth with no streaking.Two coats will give you a beautiful dark shimmery color.Please try this great color.I love it !!!!!!!

on 1/28/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

When I want to feel sexy, polished, professional, and chic, Bastille My Heart is the polish I grab. As a lover of vampy cremes, I do not usually go for other finishes, but this shade is kissed with just the right amount of shimmer to reflect light beautifully without being flashy or distracting. BMH is the perfect rich cranberry shade. Sometimes I stray away from true reds because they can lack subtlety. This color is sultry but modest enough for work or school. It is a great choice if you are craving a red nail but want something very classy and modern. I could see this polish looking good on just about anyone.

on 12/16/2013 3:16:00 PM

This color is gorgeous. It's a mix between a ruby red and a magenta and a violet color. It's so lovely because it looks so elegant and polished and it's a little deeper than true red, which I was looking for. Of course, the consistency and texture and longevity are all great, as usual with OPI polishes. Definitely one of the best in their collection!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Oh, my. This is a gorgeous, jewel-toned, cool red jelly-creme with a burgundy vibe and magenta undertones. Two coats gives full opacity and amazing depth of colour. None of the swatches I saw prior to buying this really told the full story of the astounding colour depth. In bright light, this practically glows. It's more subdued in indirect light, but still jeweltoned and lovely.

Application is lovely, not too thick or too thin. First coat is somewhat streaky, but it sorts itself out by the second coat. I didn't experience staining with this, but I suspect it might do, because it's quite deeply pigmented, so it's a good idea to wear this with a good base coat that you know will protect your nails (of course, that's always good advice, for any polish, but especially a richly coloured one like this).

So happy with this colour. Magnifique!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Got this on sale for 5 bucks (CDN) which is a steal here. Love the clean berry red colour and it seems to be wearing reasonably well (I've had it on for a bit over 24 hours). It's a perfect "year round" shade and really pretty.and "lady-ish". If it wears well, I'll be back to up my rating to a perfect 5.
UPDATE: Okay, so wear wasn't the greatest but this was a DIY manicure (and I'm not great at getting long lasting results when I do my own nails). This lasted roughly 5 days on me, with a bit of "repair work" in the days between applying and removing. But even so, this is such a beautiful, appealing colour that I don't mind that it doesn't last a hugely long time. Going back to the store in search of a backup!

on 8/7/2013 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is pretty. Dark berry shimmer. We'll see how it wears, but so far I really like this. Tired of statement manicures and wanted something plain.

on 1/11/2013 6:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This polish is from the fall 2008 OPI France collection. I find it to be a beautiful color, dark cranberry with shimmer. It is very cool toned, which I love because so many dark reds seem to pull more orange on me. It looks darker on me than in the picture, but not really "vampy." This polish applies smoothly without streaking and dries very quickly. It is completely opaque in two coats.

I just love this nail color. It looks great with fair skin and is perfect for fall/winter though I do break it out once in awhile in the warmer weather too. Often I find darker shades, such as the ever popular Wicked, to be so harsh on lighter skin. I'm not really sure how to describe the color...maybe a dark burgundy but with more reddish tones, but it is a very rich color with just the perfect touch of shine to it. When I apply it I find that three very thin coats works for me (I like very thin because I still can't seem to be able to apply nail polish well) but I'm sure two regular coats would be perfect.

Popular Polishes