Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask
Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Betaine, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Poloxamer 407, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Menthoxypropanediol, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Caramel, Citric Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Iron Oxides (CI77491), Biotin, BHT.

on 10/8/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Fresh skincare is always very hit or miss for me. I think that when you buy their products, for the most part, you are buying into the aesthetic...which is fine (I love pretty packaging), but you can definitely get products that are just as effective for less money.

That all said, this is one of my favorite Fresh products. It's a quick mask that is very easy to apply and rinse off, making it perfect for slapping on in the morning for 10 minutes before you do your makeup. It leaves the skin looking fresh and glowy - the perfect base for whatever else you are putting on your face. I don't think that this will do any heavy lifting in terms of eliminating dark spots or retexturizing, but it's the perfect product for when you probably should not have had that last glass of wine the night before or you didn't get enough sleep. It feels very cool on the face (I would avoid getting it on any skin that is open/irritated) and has a pleasant herbal smell.

In regards to packaging, like all Fresh stuff, it's beautiful - one to keep out in your bathroom for sure. The container feels sturdy and heavy, definitely luxurious, like you're giving yourself a treat. You either hate the jar packaging or you don't. I don't mind it, although I do try to keep it as hygienic as possible. In terms of ingredient stability, jars are not my favorite, but I also think that Paula is a bit too extreme, so it doesn't bother me (I am almost to the bottom of my first jar and the mask has not lost its efficacy).

Would I repurchase? Sometimes I wish MUA had a "Maybe" button, or "Depends on my wallet situation". I really love this product, but at the end of the day, it's not unique to the point of definitely being worth the INSANE $92 that it costs. If you want to treat yo'self and having a little bit of luxury in your life is important to you/lifts your spirits, definitely go for it. It provides a good instant, short-term boost. In terms of lasting skincare power, probably not worth the price.

on 7/25/2012 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the BEST mask I've ever had! The first few times you use it your face will look amaaazing. But after that it won't make your face look awesome but it still makes it look really good. I use it as directed and it makes my face look dewey and brighter and it will fade redness a bit, just overall doing good for your skin. I am acne prone and oily and I haven't broken out because of it or seen any bad side effects. I apply it when I have an important day ahead of me and I want to look my best.

on 11/12/2011 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I normally love Fresh's products. This however did not work for me. The texture, as other have noted, is extremely odd -- thick, grainy and somehow fibrous. Blech. The smell is fine for me, a light cucumber scent similar to their Soy Face Cleanser, but it only moisturizes very lightly. For the price, I've had much better. I'll finish out the (nice, glass, if rather unhygienic) jar, but honestly I'm mostly slathering it on my elbows now as I can't stand that texture on my face!

on 5/22/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was fortunate enough to receive a large sample of this. Fresh’s line is really expensive and reviews are very mixed so I didn’t want to plunk down $92 without trying it out first. I never had any intention of using this on my face (which is only, breakout prone, and sensitive), but I was looking for something that would firm up the very delicate, dry, thin skin on my neck and décolletage. Upon the advice of another reviewer, I applied this (again, only to my neck and décolletage) in the thin layer to cleansed skin at night and left it on until morning. I don’t like the texture of this. It feels like a silicone-heavy primer and can pill very easily. I didn’t really notice any effects whatsoever, so I won’t purchase the full size of this.

on 11/15/2012 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best mask I have ever used. I tried so many different brands include: sisley, shiseido, clarins, Darphin etc...But nothing can compare to this. I put it on my face and leave it overnight. The next day my skin is so smooth and brightener. I only wish it could be cheaper. It is not easy to find Fresh on sale. When it is, this mask is always out of stock.

on 8/10/2014 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my first experience with a "hydrating" mask. When applied its almost translucent. Doesn't really dry but seems to absorb. Rinses easily with water. I did not notice any firming, but skin did glow and was moisturized. Did not cause me to break out.

on 7/5/2014 12:45:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this from Sephora, but I was sorely disappointed. I did not notice any effects at all as a result of using this. The product claims to reveal softer, firmer skin instantly. Bust! In fact, I was hoping that this would exfoliate some of the dead skin cells to reveal softer skin, but it did neither hydrate nor exfoliate, so the end result was exactly the same as the starting point. It feels a bit mentholated (although according to the ingredients list, it is not). I do not particularly like cooling sensation products, so I could have done without that feature. In summation, save your money and invest it in a product that is either going to exfoliate or plump your skin. This simply is not it.