Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask
Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

3.4

Water, Glycerin, Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Betaine, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Poloxamer 407, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Menthoxypropanediol, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Caramel, Citric Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Iron Oxides (CI77491), Biotin, BHT.

on 10/8/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Fresh skincare is always very hit or miss for me. I think that when you buy their products, for the most part, you are buying into the aesthetic...which is fine (I love pretty packaging), but you can definitely get products that are just as effective for less money.

That all said, this is one of my favorite Fresh products. It's a quick mask that is very easy to apply and rinse off, making it perfect for slapping on in the morning for 10 minutes before you do your makeup. It leaves the skin looking fresh and glowy - the perfect base for whatever else you are putting on your face. I don't think that this will do any heavy lifting in terms of eliminating dark spots or retexturizing, but it's the perfect product for when you probably should not have had that last glass of wine the night before or you didn't get enough sleep. It feels very cool on the face (I would avoid getting it on any skin that is open/irritated) and has a pleasant herbal smell.

In regards to packaging, like all Fresh stuff, it's beautiful - one to keep out in your bathroom for sure. The container feels sturdy and heavy, definitely luxurious, like you're giving yourself a treat. You either hate the jar packaging or you don't. I don't mind it, although I do try to keep it as hygienic as possible. In terms of ingredient stability, jars are not my favorite, but I also think that Paula is a bit too extreme, so it doesn't bother me (I am almost to the bottom of my first jar and the mask has not lost its efficacy).

Would I repurchase? Sometimes I wish MUA had a "Maybe" button, or "Depends on my wallet situation". I really love this product, but at the end of the day, it's not unique to the point of definitely being worth the INSANE $92 that it costs. If you want to treat yo'self and having a little bit of luxury in your life is important to you/lifts your spirits, definitely go for it. It provides a good instant, short-term boost. In terms of lasting skincare power, probably not worth the price.

on 9/6/2016 12:57:00 PM

I absolutely love this mask. I have tried quite a variety of masks (from sheet mask, to clay, to gel, to peel off etc), this is by far my favorite. I know some people don't like the texture of the product, but I love the dryish/light almost mashed potato consistency. I usually hate waiting for a mask to dry, but this one was so light that I didn't mind having it on for 30 minutes. It was not uncomfortable at all! After washing off with a wet face cloth, my skin was smoother, softer and brighter. Apart from the expensive cost, this is magic in a jar. Definitely my new favorite thing

To Read all 49 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/2/2016 6:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Weird texture, thick and reminds me of cookie batter I'm not a fan. It felt like it was burning my face and was hard to keep on for 10 min. After rinsing (a lot) my skin did not feel dried out but it also didn't feel any better, or look any better. One pimple that was on it's way out dried up and fell off so I'll give it a lippie for that. I hate the scent a lot. Would not repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It's truly "instant perfecting". It is the mask that you can use in the morning if you get up early and have enough time to rejuvanate your skin and complex.

It feels like cool smashed potato on your face - very comfortable.

I love the fine porcelain jar very much.

on 11/11/2015 12:58:00 PM

I have tried a large sample of this moisturizer for 7 days. I have a very dry skin, specially in winter time. This mask is soft, creamy and light, with a pleasant smell, absorbed immediately. For me it is ordinary creamy moisturizer or overnight sleeping mask, but I really didn't notice any instant improvements in my skin hydration.
However for those with normal skin this mask will be a good choice. Maybe I will give a chance in summer time.

After using this product as directed before bedtime I awoke with a FACE FULL of red spots and random bumps. My skin is not sensitive (heck, I use Good Genes as a daily moisturizer), and I never get zits. This is the first time I've had a reaction like this to a product. I'm just never impressed with Fresh products, and this is the last time I'll try them. Never again!

on 5/22/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was fortunate enough to receive a large sample of this. Fresh’s line is really expensive and reviews are very mixed so I didn’t want to plunk down $92 without trying it out first. I never had any intention of using this on my face (which is only, breakout prone, and sensitive), but I was looking for something that would firm up the very delicate, dry, thin skin on my neck and décolletage. Upon the advice of another reviewer, I applied this (again, only to my neck and décolletage) in the thin layer to cleansed skin at night and left it on until morning. I don’t like the texture of this. It feels like a silicone-heavy primer and can pill very easily. I didn’t really notice any effects whatsoever, so I won’t purchase the full size of this.

on 4/12/2015 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I apply this to my skin when it is feeling sensitive and stressed up. It provides instant relief and cooling my face and neck while applying! Will repurchase when there is discount due to the high price point. Thumbs up!

on 4/2/2015 8:20:00 PM

I had a received a sample of a Mask by Fresh awhile ago and I really liked it. The instructions from Sephora with the sample instructed to leave it on overnight even though I think it said on the box to rinse. I loved it and I have very, very dry skin so I was willing to pay the $108.00. By the time I decided to pay for the Mask, I did not have the exact name and unknown to me Fresh has two which sound pretty much the same and the exact same price. So I purchased this one and it is definitely not what I wanted - this texture cannot be left on your face overnight. I tried it anyway as per the box - 10 minutes and rinse. It did really nothing, and I think my skin felt dry, not firm. So I will take it back and maybe try the other one. But in my opinion, skip this one, especially if you are in your 40's and have very dry skin all year round.

Update: 2015-05-13 - So I got the other one - the overnight one
and I've had it for a few weeks. I don't like it - the texture isn't for me - not worth the steep price. I'm going to use it on my feet so I can finish it!

on 3/30/2015 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I CAN'T BELIEVE I SPENT 90 DOLLARS ON THIS. IT DOES NOTHING. AT ALL. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

RUN AWAY. RUN VERY FAR AWAY. DO NOT BUY THIS. PLEASE. SPARE YOUR WALLET.

p.s. it smells like pickles. that's kind of weird, right?