Laura Mercier Eye Colour

4.2

on 12/8/2012 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I like the LM line. I find that as I am growing older, the "no make up make up" looks the best on me that is, natural. I need definition to my eyes, and this in the vanilla nuts, cafe au lait and coffee grounds are my 3 go to colors for definition and lining. I also have gosh knows how many other LM colors in a book of colors. The Kir Royal is gorgeous purple and I use for evenings or a more dramatic look, or as a liner. I love the fact that I can take out the pan and refill the pan that I need. I run out of the lighter colors the most. In many pallates, I run out of my go to colors first and then have alot of specialty colors that I use once in a while. The pans allow me to customize for my every day look, refill what I need, and have it at my fingertips. Yes, it costs more. I buy when it is on sale. I find that I save money in the long run as the drugstore makeup is so poorly packaged, i end up throwing away a $5 - $10.00 item due to poor packaging. With the LM, I get better quality and better packaging thus, my go to day look is at my fingertips and doesn't fall apart every few months, I can re purchase the lighter color more often (re fills), and the colors that I use for lining and eyebrows (Coffee Grounds) will last me 3 yrs. It is all about quick fast easy good looks from LM. Can't complain.

on 8/16/2011 9:59:00 PM

I wear the Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in African Violet. It is like a light-medium purple with small gold flecks that blend perfectly into the purple color. It is so beautiful and so perfect for my hazel eyes that I use it all the time and people always compliment me on it. It is neither too purple or too gold, but a perfect satiny/slight shimmer finish. I wear it to work nearly everyday because it is so easy and lasts all day. Merci bien a vous, Madame Mercier!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

i absolutely love laura merciers whole line! especially her eyeshadows! they never crease or fade on me and their nicely pigmented. i use to have this set that came with three shadows that was limited edition. one was cashmere which i repurchased...and im not even sure about the other two but i know theyre discountinued cause ive tried looking for them. i wish that i could find those other two colors because they were my fave! i used that pallete everday...well anyways i just bought another pallete with similar shadows and its also great. yay!

on 1/7/2007 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After reading all the reviews here about LM eye shadow, I couldn't wait to try out individual colors, so I bought Holiday book. I didn't like container, but it closed with magnets and it was a good price for 8 colors and an eye liner, so I decided to try it. I went in and the lady applied it to my eyes and I thought it was okay, so I purchased it. The shadow looks so much prettier in the book than on the eye. I tried it numerous times before work and I would always have to wipe it off because it wouldn't apply evenly and then it would look like I had a black eye. The colors look so luminous and bright in book, but on eye, they seem to block light, not reflect it, so they look dead. I am so glad I kept receipt and returned it.

on 4/28/2003 10:12:00 PM

Very nice eyeshadow. Silky, easy to blend, nice color choices, and well pigmented. Packaging is classy in a deep brownish slightly shimmery compact (I think they just changed it this Spring when I bought mine) - a break from the cutesy Stila and Benefit packages I love. Anyway, really good product, would buy again, but other things are just as good too so experiment! BTW, I got Pink Stucco, which is a dusty-rose pink made vibrant with a hint of coral, and it is also very nice as a blush!

on 8/23/2001 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased Paris by Night and it has renewed my faith in Laura Mercier eye shadows. I use it dry to line, and it stays on all day. I do wish they'd ditch the hideous packaging, though.