Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.9

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 1/5/2012 2:50:00 AM

I can't remember how much I bought this from but I have to say that this isn't anything special. Would be great if you're the type to experiment with colors but since I stick to my usuals, this product was a waste of space for me.

Pigmentation is poor. The dark colors are dark yet not enough to actually be dark. E.g. the black isn't black enough; same for the brown. I might just splurge on a better palette with colors that I'd actually use next time.

on 12/24/2011 10:12:00 AM

I really like this palate, it's a good starter one for those who like to experiment or try new looks every now and then.
to be honest not all the colours are matte, around 20% of the colours have either a soft shimmer or satin finish but the rest are matted.
also the colours are well pigmented, EASILY bendable and not chalky at all (but they do give a dusty appearance on the palate itself) so I usually wear them without a primer and they last all night. this is not as good as MAC or bobby brown so don't fool yourself but if you want alot of options, matte finish, good quality then get it.
I read in some reviews that you should just get them from Ebay but seriously the company has a sale every single week so you can get it for around $9 which is a bargain no matter how you think of it. also delivery is fast (I'm in Dubai and got it in three days!) and it comes with a refund in case something happens to it during delivery which reassures me more.
CONS
- if you live overseas then delivery is fast but expensive.
- most colours are basic ones, only 3 colours in the palate are really original.
- only three colours can be used as highlighters out of 88 so if you run out be sure to have a back-up
- the palate is MOSTLY colours, there is only one row for the classic smoky eye and one row of neutral colours.

on 10/21/2011 4:21:00 AM

I received this with chunks of the eyeshadow broken off...about 5 of the colors had that happen which is not too bad. Anyways that wouldn't have mattered if the pigmentation wasn't so poor. I find some drugstore brands like Maybelline and L'Oreal offer better pigmented shadows. Having 88 of the shadows that really don't stay on well and a low color pay-off, even for how cheap it is, isn't worth it. Because I would rather spend more money on something that is richly pigmented, stays put, and lasts all day. I bought 3 palettes and gave them all away after a few tries to make it work.

Pigmentation - soft eyeshadows, but not great on my medium/tan skin

Price - they aren't actually that cheap in my opinion, considering the quality. their pigmentation is like $2 shop shadows, and several of those combined make up the quantity of one of these shadows. so it's not exactly an unheard of bargain

But sure there's a lot in quantity, it's probably an okay set for a teen or someone new to makeup, like myself (but lighter skinned) and that's willing to use eyeshadow base which I haven't used yet but will do, hoping it will improve the pigmentation?

Anyway, referring to the top few reviews and really bad reviews, perhaps they're thinking it's a rip off because everything is cheap in the US but I still don't think it's that terrible for $30 is it? I think some people may need to get off their pretentious high makeup horses. (Sorry didn't meant to offend any one) It's seriously at least 2 stars I think. And I got mine off the wholesalers on ebay :) For really cheap too, I got the like 128 colour one for like $10, and you may be wondering why I'm still rating it so low, well the MATTE colours, my god, were SO chalky and not pigmented AT ALL. EVEN with the swipe of my FINGER. They were so difficult to get out.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

coastal scents 88 is an eyeshadow palette that has a 88 colors, enough to use. the whole palette is smaller than A4 paper. each eyeshadow is the size a a dime.
i like to experience with bold colors so i decided to buy this product. this was back when i just started makeup(without buying to many single shadows). i when i got it, i loved it because of it wide color range. but i do find that the colors are not too pigmented, just a 8/10. though some on them are very un-pigmented, like white and black. the texture of each eyeshadow is hard and clumpy, but i don't mind that. it also doesn't last long. just by looking at it, u might think it has almost every single shade out there but NO. it lacks selections of orange and blue.i also noticed most of the eyeshadow has a satin finish. i think it will be pretty hard to carry if you need any touch up.
overall, i would recommend this to beginners or someone who wants something to expand their collections.

on 11/7/2010 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great colorful eyeshadow palette. I certainly don't use most of the colors on a regular basis but it's great for when you want something colorful & don't want to spend alot of money on expensive eyeshadows. These are nicely pigmented & blend pretty easy. I like the big plastic case it's in, nice & smooth.

on 11/7/2010 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was my first makeup pallette, and it came with all the colours I ever needed
This is a good deal for someone who likes to have many different colours and beginners.
The colours are pigmented and each eyeshadow is about a size of a dime/nickel
I hardly ever use this palette though because it is just not too wearable for everyday or school
I am a lazy person and I usually like to get as much sleep as possible in the mornings so the colours in this palette are loud and don't suit my everyday style
On the other hand:
It is great for halloween, any special occassion and it is small and light
perfect for travelling.
I like the purple and the blue column the best
Definitely try this out if you are a beginner or you like to have many different colour eyeshadows...if not I would PASS
This palette offers some matte shades, and a mix of some shimmery and satin shades

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I must say I can't really work with some of the colours mostly on the left side of the palette, the nude ones. Overall its a good palette, good for experimenting, playing around with and its also useful if you want to do others make up.

Last edit- Jan 21, 2014
I regret buying this palette. After four years, I have only touched a few colours. To little me, it was perfect. However, now I'm into neutral colours, I wish I bought the 88 neutral palette.

on 6/23/2010 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product is really cheap. The smell of the makeup is really creepy. I really don't trust this product because I get the sense that this is cheaply made in some Chinese factory using god knows what ingredients. I'm really paranoid about the toxic scent that comes from it. My eyes are precious to me, more than any cheap makeup. I also saw this on youtube, and I am disappointed by those girls who didn't point out how chalky, toxic, and really unpigmented this stuff is. Go to a 99 cents store and buy some Loreal and Revlon. Way better stuff.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the Coastal Scents new 88 Metal Mania palette:
I gave it an overall rating of 5 because the colors it has are unlike all the other 88 palettes. The texture is buttery soft but what I was impressed with the most is the finish. It is indeed metallic like, but it's buildable, meaning that if one day all I want is a soft metallic finish I can easily achieve but if I want an all out metallic finish, then all I have to do is apply a first coat dry, and the second coat wet. The colors are not crazy colors but everyday wearable color. Its almost like the 88 warm palette gone metallic with a twist. I would definitely purchase it again! LuVs iTT :-)