Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.8

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 9/6/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Another disappointment from coastal scents. This palette has major fallout, the colors are not pigmented ,and chalky. The colors swatch very sheer and you must tap your brush to remove excess product before applying to your eye. Whether you use a packing or a blending brush the shadows are terrible. Even if applied with a primer, a base, or a creamy eyeshadow stick these shapes do not apply well at all. The colors are horrible used wet or dry. I would never be purchased this product again. This is a very cheap product therefore you can not expect much for the low price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Dirt cheap. 88 colors. Thin case. Easy to store. Pigmented shades.

This palette is basically perfect!

This is my go to eyeshadow. I wear it every day. Great pigmentation, lasts all day and doesn't crease at all. I would buy this again and again!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my go to palette when doing my everyday makeup. I've had it forever. One of the pots was broken upon receiving the package, but because it was a color that I don't normally use ever, it wasn't a major issue. I recommend this palette for people looking for a lot of variety on a small budget.

on 2/5/2013 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Nice selection of colors. Some are matte and some are shimmery. All the colors you need in one palette. Some of the colors are chalky and are hard to work with, but thats just a few. I got this palette when I was a beginner with makeup. I use the dark brown next to the black on the bottom right to fill in my brows. nice pallete to have in your makeup collection. I would order again but I don't think I'll have to because they last a very long time.

I really like this product. It has so many colours and the shipping was so fast but a bit expensive. The product was cheap though. It's smaller than I expected but I'm happy I have so many colours now. It's really you get what you pay for so obviously you can't compare to mac but the price is really good, especially if you're just starting out with makeup.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Got the palette a few months ago, and the delivery was fast! I love the package and they gave me a free eye-shadow sample - too! Not a usual thing.
As a beginner, I really love this palette and great colors to chose from. But it's not for a pro make up artists.
Sometimes the colors doesn't show a lot, but I still think it is a great palette.

I bought mine off Coastal Scents website and I am actually really pleased with their service. It took 1.5 weeks to ship to Australia.
What I think is that Coastal Scents products are over hyped. Sometimes even way over hyped. But I do admit that their products are extremely cheap, and extremely worth the money.
I am pointing out to those youtubers and bloggers who rave about this palette and saying that 'the shadows are extremely pigmented, buttery and great for makeup artists'. It's not entirely true.
First of all, the pigmentation of their shadows are inconsistent (some mattes are powdery, some are not pigmented at all, some are very pigmented, some are buttery and some are hard as rock).
Second, they're not buttery!! They feel a bit gritty when swatched, it feels a little 'cheap' (even my essence shadows feel so much softer).
Third and last, they're not exactly for makeup artists! Well, to some extent, like new makeup artists who are just starting out, yes. But I feel the quality of the shadows don't live up to makeup artists' standard (they're definitely not comparable to MAC's, i mean, even the cheap Essence brand, which is my fave).

However, there is no point in complaining, get one and see for yourself. I am getting myself a 120 palette soon but I don't think I will be purchasing off CS website, since I feel the quality of the shadows will probably be the same as the Chinese reselller ones (except it doesnt have the CS logo on it) and it's much cheaper (in terms of product, and shipping).

I got the 44 pallete for a christmas gift from a friend. I was only 17 at the time so i did use A LOT of the bright neon colors but now that im 21 i noticed im not really into the bright neon colors anymore.i tend to stay to the neutral colors now. I do wear the neons every now and again but not all the time so basically half of the palette is going to waste. Also it came with some blushes but i dropped the palette one day and they broke so the packaging isnt all that great. They are very pigmented and pretty but i half to dip into the shadow 2 times to get the desired color. Also the do have a lot of fall out. Im really wanting to get a too faced pallete but dont have the money right now so i just stick to this for now but as soon as i get another pallete im tosding this to my neice or saving it for my girls for when they can start playing with makeup

on 2/25/2012 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

88 Original; Great beginner palette for those wanting to dabble in colored eyeshadows. These colors are super pigmented with a nice range between them. If you tap off the excess shadow from the brush before applying to your lid and you won't get fallout. I also have a review on the 88 Warm Palette so yall can check that out too. The pot sizes are the size of a dime but you won't hit pan anytime soon cause there's so many and, again, really pigmented. 88 eyeshadows for about $20...how cool is that? You've probably seen the BH Cosmetics Palette which is the exact same thing as this (refer to the comment below about asia distribution.) All in all I would recommend as a great starter colored palette.