Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.1

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 9/6/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Another disappointment from coastal scents. This palette has major fallout, the colors are not pigmented ,and chalky. The colors swatch very sheer and you must tap your brush to remove excess product before applying to your eye. Whether you use a packing or a blending brush the shadows are terrible. Even if applied with a primer, a base, or a creamy eyeshadow stick these shapes do not apply well at all. The colors are horrible used wet or dry. I would never be purchased this product again. This is a very cheap product therefore you can not expect much for the low price.

on 9/13/2013 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I wanted to like this I really did. But I'll be giving my shimmer and my matte palette to my little cousin, it's just not worth it. The light colours do not go on well, I have to layer again...and again..and again...then go..well I think I see it? By then you can forget about blending. The reds and oranges are even a disappointment. The brown tones I found went on well but all shades were chalky and very hard to blend. I would rather buy some pans in a few shades that I love then one of these. Even my urban decay potion primer couldn't save these colours. I will not rebuy.

on 2/4/2012 9:21:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Medium

I think its a great palette, i used it alot when i first started in makeup. The pigmentation is pretty good, and you get tons of colors but i just think the colors are not that great and unique thats why i dont reach for it very often anymore

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I love the range of colours you get in this!
It's great for beginners, you get a whole lot of different colours to play with and figure out what works for you before you go out and buy individuals.
I did notice that the colours flake once they have been used for the first time, the powder seems to "unset" and get everywhere :(
I use the browns as eyeliner on my lids, I like that I can change the darkness of the liner without having to buy a whole lot of different pencils.

on 2/15/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm Obsessed with this Palette!!! OMG I've been using it every single day for over a year. Even when I use a different brand of eyeshadow. I always find a way to incorporate a shadow from this palette in my look. I consider myself to be pretty experienced with makeup because I started wearing it in middle school (yup tryna be grown smh) but no matter the level of expertise, everyone should own this! The color pay-off is ridiculously pigmented for $20. I'm a fan of Coastal Scents. I own 3 of their eyeshadow palettes (including the 28 neutrals which is absolutely gorgeous, a staple for work), a blush palette, a concealer palette, and several of their loose glitter powders. Very Satisfied Custy!

on 11/13/2010 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am reviewing the Metal Mania 88 Palette. I would buy a product like this again, just not from Coastal Scents. After reading the reviews and finding out they buy from China, I feel cheated. It also explains the quality of the product. At first, I was all happy with it, I even gave a review on their website of 4 stars. Now though, I am fed up with it. IMO, the colors are pretty but they are dusty. I guess that is what you refer to as "fall out". I have never had to shield my skin from eyeshadow using drugstore brands and this is the first brand that I have to do that with. The eyeshadow dust falls out all over my eyes and irritates them, and I end up having to clean my face off because it is all over my skin. It seems as if most of the eyeshadow is on my face, and not my eyes. Because of the fall out, the dust from the eyeshadows are getting into each others' pots. The pots fell out after the second day and I am paranoid to even hold the palette a certain way for fear my eyeshadows will fall out. I ended up gluing them back in with super glue but am waiting for the others to fall out as well. I would rather buy the same product from China or somewhere else for a cheaper price but I am upset with this. I feel as if it may be too expensive for its quality. In its defense, I will state that the selection of colors is vast. That's about the only good thing. The brushes are cheap as well. I don't use those.

on 5/25/2009 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

such a beautiful palette <3

im a dedicatic mac loverr, but I cheat on them a lot with coastal scents, usually with there palettes and gel liners =]

the 88 palette is fulll of colors that are soo pretty. can u believe it..88 colors!! imagine how your wallet would feel buying 88 seperate shadows from anywhere else? oucchh..

these shadows are the size of a dime, so they are a little smaller than a mac shadow but they do last a while, I haven't hit pan yet in any of them and I've used it a good amount of times. the colors range from blues, greens, purples, reds, pinks, and your blacks, whites, every color under the rainbow plus mannnny more. the shadow's don't have names, but you can take a sheet of paper, and go thru 1-88 making up your own names..its kinda fun!

the case on mine is a matte black, just like mac's, but they also make it in a glossy form, I've also seen girls take cut outs from magazines and do collages on there palettes..really cute!!

I like to take a mac shadow and use a couple shadow's from my 88 palette, on new years I used graphology on my lid, sketch in the crease, and an icey aqua blue with fix+ as my liner. it was one of the more gorgeouss looks I ever did, I will upload a pic soon on here =]

I highly suggest this palette to EVERYONE!! beginner to expert, for the great price and amount of shadows, you can't beat it! go get one..and if you need more convincing, let me know, ill be more than happy to help =]
xox