Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

4.1

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have 88 warm (I had 88 shimmer til I got pink eye replaced it w a BH Cosmetics 88 shimmer), 88 metal mania, 88 mirage (& fwiw 252 ultimate too)..........I love coastal scents becoz their shadows are vivid, buttery, long lasting & a good value. I saw these on YT & was impressed was equally if not more impressed when I got them & applied wonderfully. 5/5 good value & quality #winning

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Dirt cheap. 88 colors. Thin case. Easy to store. Pigmented shades.

This palette is basically perfect!

on 9/13/2013 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I wanted to like this I really did. But I'll be giving my shimmer and my matte palette to my little cousin, it's just not worth it. The light colours do not go on well, I have to layer again...and again..and again...then go..well I think I see it? By then you can forget about blending. The reds and oranges are even a disappointment. The brown tones I found went on well but all shades were chalky and very hard to blend. I would rather buy some pans in a few shades that I love then one of these. Even my urban decay potion primer couldn't save these colours. I will not rebuy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I'm just going to be straight up: I do not like this palette. Even for the price point, these are not good. I'm not saying that all of them are awful, but even the ones with good pigmentation do not last because they have such a thin texture. Its very difficult to pick up product, and when you do get some it wears off and creases like nobody's business. I bought mine for like $15 ( bought the shimmer palette too, which is slightly better) so I wasn't too upset about losing money... Although I haven't had good experiences with this palette, try some of the hot pots! They are significantly better. Way better. And still pretty cheap. Overall, even if I was a beginner, I wouldn't buy this. The rest is nice though... packaging is fine, price is good... but the product is not too great :( i really wanted to like this.

I really like this product. It has so many colours and the shipping was so fast but a bit expensive. The product was cheap though. It's smaller than I expected but I'm happy I have so many colours now. It's really you get what you pay for so obviously you can't compare to mac but the price is really good, especially if you're just starting out with makeup.

on 8/22/2012 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have the 88 warm palette and the original 88 but I found that I used this one the most! I've had it for years now, and they are perfect as when I first bought them. I would definitely buy it again, whenever it runs out (which I don't see any time soon!). I used this with my Too Faced primer and it works perfect!
I would say 98% of the pots are very well pigmented, then there are those that aren't so much... but usually you can find a color that is similar if you must have it :P
You need to buy this, it's amazing!

on 7/14/2012 7:01:00 AM

i bought it and i love it!!

I got the 44 pallete for a christmas gift from a friend. I was only 17 at the time so i did use A LOT of the bright neon colors but now that im 21 i noticed im not really into the bright neon colors anymore.i tend to stay to the neutral colors now. I do wear the neons every now and again but not all the time so basically half of the palette is going to waste. Also it came with some blushes but i dropped the palette one day and they broke so the packaging isnt all that great. They are very pigmented and pretty but i half to dip into the shadow 2 times to get the desired color. Also the do have a lot of fall out. Im really wanting to get a too faced pallete but dont have the money right now so i just stick to this for now but as soon as i get another pallete im tosding this to my neice or saving it for my girls for when they can start playing with makeup

I think this is a great eyeshadow palette.
The colors are pigmented and blend really good.
some of the color (the black) is a bit crumby.
The packaging is great not the best to travel.

Lemme just start by saying this is a GREAT beginner-type of palette. Not only does it come with a great variety of colors, but it allows you to experiment more. The eyeshadows are OKAY quality. I said that i wouldn't buy this again, and thats ONLY because I'm more of a neutral girl. But i definetly dont regret purchasing it!