2.5

price range

Reviews

2.0

6 years ago

This product is not something that I personally recommend. This product is an alright cleanser..but for all the hype that it has gotten in the past, I personally don't feel like it was worth it. I personally feel like this cleanser was just a basic cleanser with grapefruit scent. I found the grapefruit scent to just be awful. Didn't smell like grapefruits at all. It was also very drying. I have normal skin but am oily in my T zone. This dried my face out so bad that it was flaking and peeling. I won't buy this product again. It also didn't do anything for my slight acne breakouts so I just feel like it was a complete waste of my money. I ended up using up as much as I dared because I hate to throw things away, eventually though about half the product ended up in the trash.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0

6 years ago

The smell of this is strong like sour grapefruit (which I do like) but with an overpowering chemical smell. It just smells kind of harsh. It still smelled good enough for me to try and after 2 washes I realized...It IS harsh! I have oily skin and a lot of products that others claim to dry them out don't bother me but this made my face peel. It also seemed to put my skin into oil production overdrive. I may give it another shot to not waste it since I got the whole kit ( which actually was quite a nice gift set) but I could definitely not use this every day. I still have the scrub to try....I'm afraid...

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

EyesHazel

1.0

6 years ago

I don't know what could be the reason for this (because the original posed no problems) but it made me break out. The smell is great so I was so disappointed. I definitely won't purchase anything in the grapefruit line. I will stick to rapid clear!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3.0

6 years ago

Good on acne but really dries out the skin.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

6 years ago

Great product! I've gone through 3 bottles bottles of these and still going to continue purchasing it. I have oiliness around my t zone area and break out all the time. This product is great for controlling the breakouts as well as reducing the blackheads on my nose.My complexion is much better after using this and what more? It's not even overly pricey. A good product to pair this with is the Nivea 2 in 1 scrub. This product isn't exactly flawless however, I have combination skin an I have really dry patches around the corners of my mouth and around my nose, I found that on, colder, dryer days, this product can dry those spots out and cause some stinging, leaving them a bit flaky. What I would recommend is to focus the product where you need it most, but apart from that, great!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBrown

6 years ago

This is great to use for a makeup remover wash. It strips away all the makeup. This does dry my face out sometimes when I over wash it cause I want to make sure I get rid of all the makeup on my face. I just use this to remove makeup mainly. This is great for oily skin. It will strip away the dirt and oil. It doesn't get rid of pimples right away but it does its job for a daily cleanser.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

6 years ago

I absolutely love this product! the only thing I don't like about it, is that it dries out my skin, but that doesn't bother me much. I was always made fun of and treated bad because I had acne all over my face in places on my face I didn't want it. so I purchased this and after about a week or two, I would have maybe one breakout on my head or so and it would go away and another would appear, but that's better than acne being all over my face. I am on my 5th bottle and my face relies on this product. this would be 5 stars if it got rid of all my acne. definitely a must have. smells great too.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

1.0

6 years ago

This product didn't do anything. Well I take that back, it did do something: it dried out my face. Horrible.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Tan

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I have an oily skin, my skin breaks out sometimes. In contrast to other cleansers of Neutrogena it is gentler I think. Of course it is not a miracle, but it cleans well and leave the skin relieved instead of extremely drying out. I cannot say it reduced already existing acnes or blackheads but it prevented the new ones occuring. Overall it is fine if I compare this product with the other department store cleansers.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlack

6 years ago

For whatever reason, my skin has always gotten along with Neutrogena's salicylic-based cleansers, and this one wound up working pretty well. I purchased this to use as my summer cleanser back in April, since my skin tends to shift into oil-overdrive and clogged pores in the warmer weather. The main thing that attracted me to it was the price and the grapefruit scent, which I find delightful. The fragrance is intense and lingering. The cleansing power is really good to the point of stripping, which you would expect from a cleanser like this. I strongly advise using with caution if you have anything less than oily skin. I only use it once a day, as anything more will dry my skin out severely. It's also not the ideal thing for me to use with the colder weather setting in. It has been a good preventative in terms of keeping the skin clogs from cropping up, but on the flip side, not so effective in getting rid of the acne once it has already appeared. Consistency in using it has been the key in keeping things calmer for me. The bottle lasted me over six months (just now nearing the end of it), so the value is great. I would consider buying it again for the warmer months.

About reviewer (333 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral