Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow - Brown Stone

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow - Brown Stone

4.7

This is a definite HG eyeshadow for me. I have blue eyes and pale skin, and this is everything I could ever want. Like all Bobbi Brown eyeshadows, it is extremely pigmented and it lasts forever, so I probably won't ever need to repurchase it (although if I do run out, I will). It's a shimmery taupe that really defines your eyes. I use it all over my eyelid and it looks great. SO quick and easy to apply. I love how you can buy the palette and choose to use them in the individual pans they come in or put them in the palette. No MAC eyeshadow compares to this, so even though it's a bit more expensive, I definitely recommend it.

on 10/18/2008 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this as a sample from BB and love it! Will most likely invest in the full-sized, and, Bobbi... you better NOT discontinue this one! :o)

I love this silvered-brown eyeshadow in the crease with BB Banana e/s on the lids; or, on the outer thirds of my lids with a silver highlighter (MAC Silver Fog Pigment) on the inner thirds of the lids. So versatile and so very pretty! My only query would be why this eyeshadow is considered "metallic," because this one is not overly frosty, shiny, or metallic at all- at least not on MY lids! I think it would be even more fantastic if it were more metallic... but still, I love it just the way it is, too! continued >>

on 8/13/2008 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Taupe lovers should not miss this one!

I bought a tiny sample size off eBay, just to try out the color, and I'm very pleased.

If you missed MAC's excellent Starflash shadow "Smoke & Diamonds," "Brown Stone" is probably about as near to a dupe as you're going to get.

"Brown Stone" is fairly smooth(though maybe not *quite* as smooth as Starflash), richly pigmented, with a silvery pearl-like sheen and no glitter.

The color of "Brown Stone" is a little difficult to describe. Medium-to-deep shimmery taupe is not quite adequate. " Brown Stone" is approximately equal parts brown and gray. "Smoky brown" is the best I can do. Yes, it *is* metallic, but not in an OTT way at all.There is shimmer, but it takes the form of a smooth, even sheen, featuring no glitter. It can easily be a daytime shadow.

It makes a lovely crease shade for my jade green eyes. Even though Bobbi Brown's full size shadows are a bit pricey, at $20 USD, I'll definitely consider a full size once my sample runs out. This is a color you don't see every day.
UPDATE/COLOR NOTE: I've had a chance to do some side by side comparisons, and "Brown Stone" doesn't look as much like "Smoke & Diamonds" as I'd first thought. It's not nearly as gray; "Brown Stone" is closer to MAC's "Satin Taupe." Since making this discovery, I've decided that I probably will not buy "Brown Stone" again; I prefer "Satin Taupe" by a small margin, and will just stay with it. continued >>