Blistex Deep Renewal

3.6

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (2 w/w), Octinoxate (7.5 w/w), Oxybenzone (2.5 w/w)Inactive Ingredients: Atelocollagen, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Butylene Glycol, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Flavor, Jojoba Esters, Lanolin Alcohol, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecanol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Petrolatum, Phenoxyethanol, Polybutene, Polyethylene, PTFE, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Saccharin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), Squalane, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10).

Would be a good SPF lip balm if not for the disgusting taste of the artificial sweetener. I wish the label stated that the product is flavored.

This is a great lip balm that feels lush and smooth on lips, and instantly made my winter chap lips feel better. Also has sunscreen and not much flavor--hate mint lip balms. It is slightly white on the lips so better to use at night rather than under lipstick, so minus one.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The one I have says 'anti-aging lip treatment,' so it is a little different than the one in the pictures here, but in googling, they appear to be the same. This has an SPF of 15. Slightly sweet/candy type of scent (penny candy type of scent, maybe lemonheads..?), not an overpowering scent. Applies easily and smoothly, glides right on. Instantly makes lips feel better and look smoother. However, if you need serious moisturizing, this might not be 'enough' for you. To me this is moderately moisturizing, helps very slightly dry lips or is especially great for maintaining already decent lips. Nice for applying before some liquid lipsticks to prevent the lipsticks from settling into lines so much. I apply this and wait about half an hour before applying liquid lip products (I get dressed, do my hair, the rest of my makeup, that sort of thing while 'waiting'). Also nice for using underneath a favorite color lip pencil and calling it a day, for a more subtle, natural look. Not the most moisturizing, but it will help smooth some lip lines in aging lips. Would repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like Blistex lip balms but Deep Renewal is probably my least favorite formula. It's just too light and greasy for me. I applied this for overnight wear and in the morning it was completely off my lips so my lips dried out.

I do appreciate the ingredient list (plenty of good ingredients in this) and the fact the SPF (albeit only spf15) is stable. However this is only useful under lipsticks at best.

Will not repurchase. Check out the other Blistex options.

l bought this after having no success with the Sun Bum spf 30 lip balm. I was getting quite distressed with how badly my lips looked and how every lipstick & gloss was emphasizing my lips' fine lines. This lip balm actually does condition my lips and gets rid of the lip wrinkles. My lips look like I'm in my 20s again. I love this.

If you are looking for something really thick, you might try something else, but I'm not sure if a thick waxy product is actually necessary. I prefer this over Lypsil (all of them), Sun Bum spf 30, Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment (not specifically for lips but tried it any way) and using all sorts of lipsticks or glosses on their own. None of these were very moisturizing nor did much to fill in lip wrinkles, compared to the Blistex Deep Renewal.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Look no further than Blistex Deep Renewal for moisture. I'm a die hard Burts Bees fan, but I've recently been on the hunt for a chapstick that has more moisturizing properties. The Coenzyme Q10 is very nourishing on the lips, and I find that my lips stay baby smooth, fine lines are filled. Also, this may sound gross but this lip treatments helps my lips sluff off dead skin layers if my lips are super dry. If a lip scrub doesn't help rid my pout of the dead layers, I just wear this overnight/all day and then gently rub off the dead cells when I take my makeup off. Simply heaven sent for prepping your lips.

The single most perfect lip balm I've ever used! I was thrilled to see it in triple packs and now I only wish they made it in a black honey/dr. Pepper tint! And may be a thicker night time treatment! RAAAAH!!

If you're someone who suffers from severe dry lips then I would recommend giving this lip balm a go! I was at woollies the other day and was in desperate need for a balm that was going to soothe my super chapped lips. The words "deep renewal" was what had me sold and I can honestly say that this balm really does live up to their expectations. It is super moisturising. I was able to see a massive difference after one day of application. Incredible cure for peeling lips. Nice scent and taste. The bf likes it too so that's an added bonus haha ;) Now I don't ever leave the house without it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome lip product!

I'm running low on my Fresh lip treatment (which I only use at night) and didn't want to spend the $20 on a product I don't absolutely love. I dug around a little and saw this Blistex Deep Renewal was recommended as a close dupe but didn't have high hopes.

I put it on before bed the other night (every night since too) and woke up to super soft, moisturized lips and still felt it on them in the morning (same as Fresh)! It smells and tastes good too..almost lemony?

Great find and will continue to purchase!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm really shocked at the bad reviews of this product! I love this stuff! I have purchased many different lip products from many brands- blistex, ChapStick, carmex, nivea, Burt's bees, etc. This is definitely one of my favorites! It goes on smoothly without feeling like I have grease sitting on my lips. It's a nice weight, not to thick. I'm shocked at the reviews where people say that it didn't work or hurt their lips because this product has only been fantastic for me. It even has a pleasant smell & taste ( not that I eat it of course! But it's hard not to taste something that's directly on your lips)
I have to use something on my lips all day every day. While other products work sufficiently, this product and Burts bees replenish are my absolute favorites. They don't sting, they're light & pleasant & make my lips look nice. Both also last a decent amount of time. This is so good that one of my coworkers used it & asked to keep it! It will always be one of my "go to" lip products. It even works well over lip stick. I will continue to use it & suggest it for others!