LORAC Multi-Platinum

Filtered by age: 36-43
LORAC Multi-Platinum

on 11/28/2010 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really nice quality eyeshadows and blush. My favorite is Heavy Metal (the third on the top row)
If only I could find it on its own...
I really love this palette, I wish it would last forever but it goes down too fast...

on 9/12/2009 8:01:00 PM

Like many others here, this is my first Lorac palette and I love it. I was not a regular make up user before - just e/l, brow, mascara. Serenity made me buy it and I liked the lighter grey (sorry I don't know the names)! I am just starting to discover how to apply make up so I will definitely use the rest of this palette!

on 4/15/2009 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first LORAC product, and based on my experience with this palette, definitely not my last. I usually like to try out new brands with palettes, so that I get a good idea of what a variety of the products are like. I also like to pick up palettes to make packing for travel easier. I'd say that this palette more than meets my goal of getting a fabulous collection of LORAC product and having travel convenience in one compact package. This retails at Sephora for $37, and for that amount you get six very good-sized shadows and a decent-sized blush for a palette. The six eyeshadows are all very smooth and blend like a dream! They are possibly the best eyeshadows I've ever used. They are like what the best Stila shadows are like on a good day. (I find the quality of Stila shadows to be a little unreliable, I'm afraid). All of them have fabulous pigmentation, and work incredibly well together to get you from day to evening. Going with the name of the palette, you get two shades of gray, a black, a blue-grey, a shimmery medium champagne, and a snowey highlight shade. You can make a nice daytime smokey eye with the lighter colors, and then easily intensify with the darker ones, or add a little extra pop of color with the blue. For this reason, it's a great palette to throw into your travel kit when you're going away for the weekend or on vacation. Add a lipcolor, and you're good to go for both day and evening. All of the colors have quite a bit of shimmer, though, so I don't use them for the workday. Gray shadows don't necessarily work on me, but every shadow in this palette are nice accents for both my skin tone and dark brown eyes. The peach blush is very flattering on my NC25 skintone, and, like the shadows, is beautifully textured and pigmented. I highly recommend this palette!

on 9/19/2008 3:46:00 PM

LE 2008

eyeshadow: Rockstar - off-white with shimmer and some chunky iridescent sparkle

eyeshadow: Serenity - antique peachy copper with gentle shimmer

eyeshadow: Heavy Metal - silvery taupe or medium pewter with shimmery metallic finish

eyeshadow: Sapphire Storm - metallic deep sea blue with strong green undertones

eyeshadow: Dreamy - shimmery dark silvery grey with a beautiful metallic finish

eyeshadow: Techno - soft black with chunky shimmer/sparkle

blush: Couture - peach with slight rosy undertone

Product - The e/s all have a smooth texture and glide on smoothly and are reasonably well pigmented and long-wearing.

Rockstar is a nice off-white with gentle shimmer, great for the browbone, not too stark and not too boring, but I get some sparkly fallout also which requires a fan brush to whisk away; it's not as chalky as I expected from reading previous reviews and definitely not as chalky as BB Bone matte e/s.

Serenity looks peachy-brown in the pan and on me (AAB/NC25), with some gentle shimmer; I'm relieved it doesn't look muddy on me. I can't wear this shade alone (by itself it is too peachy for my preference) so I use it as a base and tone it down by layering with another shade.

Heavy Metal is a gorgeous shade, the color of grey stone with a gentle metallic finish.

Sapphire Storm is more of a deep teal than true sapphire blue; it's a lovely, rich, unique color that reminds be of iridescent blue-green beetle shells.

Dreamy is a great shimmery deep silvery grey without any blue in it; great as a liner and perfect for smoky eyes.

Techno looks sparkly in the pan, but I found it to apply quite smoothly and the chunky bits of shimmer fall out. Applied dry, it's a soft black, not as richly pigmented as most liner shadows, so it's great as is as a shadow and for smoky eyes. It can be made more dramatic when applied wet and used as a liner.

Couture - not sure why Sephora's website called this a cool pink - it is definitely a warm shade, mostly peachy with slight rosy undertone; lovely shade.

Comparisons - Couture is similar to NARS Torrid. Heavy Metal reminds me of Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Skinny Jeans, but in powder form. Dreamy is indistinguishable from BB Gunmetal shimmerwash e/s.

Packaging - Cardboard compact with magnetic closure, full size mirror under the lid, and metallic pewter-silver faux-reptilian exterior. Unique but not too bling-y for this old gal :) Closes flat and LORAC logo does not stick out enough to catch on other items. No brushes included. Six squares of e/s (0.05 oz each) and one rectangle of blush (0.12 oz). Overall size is much bigger than I expected - I was expecting something more like the LORAC Pro 9 or Eye Candy palettes, but these pans are way bigger. For reference, a single full size e/s is 0.06 oz and single full size blush is 0.15 oz, so this palette is a really good value at $37.

Overall - Love the colors in this palette, they're great against my AAB/NC25 coloring. More sparkle and shimmer in the e/s than I expected, but with a fan brush to whisk away any sparkly fallout, it's not a significant problem. continued >>