Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.4

on 7/30/2017 8:50:00 PM

In my opinion this is an extremely good deal on a high quality AHA. The price per ounce almost cannot be beat and the ingredient quality is very good.

Depending on your skin, this AHA is strong enough to keep your face nicely exfoliated and gentle enough to use several times per week.

(Always be sure to use proper sunscreen protection when using facial exfoliants.)

Highly recommend this brand. I've used several of their products for years and there has been no decline in quality over time or sly product reformations (*knocks on wood*).

on 11/20/2016 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know that you are not supposed to, but I'm using this as a moisturizer and it works great. My skin is oily and not too sensitive and seems to be responding well to it. I bought the 6 oz tube and it's going to last me forever, considering how little I use after washing my face in the evening. It's not greasy, has not clogged my pores and it makes my face very, very soft, so soft that my boyfriend actually mentioned it when he was touching my cheek the other day. It has not done much for my pimples, but to be fair, not much that isn't prescribed for me does. My pores and blackheads are slightly smaller and my skin tone looks great when I use this, though! Since I live in Sweden, the price is about 30 dollars inclusive the shipping but I think it's so worth it since it will last me for a long time. I hope that I will be able to use it up before it expires!

This on its own does not help cystic acne but with combination of Acne.org treatment BP gel, it works as a moisturizer. It smooths and hydrates the skin. What I really use it for is for my little bumps on my skin like the back of my arms and when I apply it a few times a week, they nicely disappear. If I apply this as moisturizer at night, my skin in the morning feels really silky.

on 3/21/2013 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This stuff really helps with the overall clarity of my skin.
I use it mostly to help with the flaky skin I get after using acne.org's treatment. I mix quite a bit with two pumps of cetaphil lotion and let it soak in my face all night after I use the treatment. It works awesome! However, I don't use this alone because I'm pretty sure it causes some whiteheads on the insides of my cheeks and forehead. I guess using it alone is too potent for my skin? I'm not too sure but I know a lot of people have this problem. So I stick to mixing it with moistuizer at night and it works great :) And I know a lot of people use this for gentle exfoliation to use along with acne.org's regimen. However, if it's causing you tiny whiteheads too, exfoliating once a week with a scrub won't kill you as long as youre super gentle!

on 3/15/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is working beautifully on my light scarring from recent acne and dermatitis reactions(the kind with lots of tiny red pustules). I have very sensitive skin and this only lightly stings for less than 30 seconds after application. I have found that, for me, the licochalcone really helps to soothe any redness and makes my skin look much more even. I have combination/dehydrated skin and find that I don't need a separate moisturizer after this which is just awesome.

I have tried AHA products from Alpha Hydrox, Garden of Wisdom, MUAC, and Paula's Choice...most of them were too irritating for me to continue use. I also hated that many of them came in a serum formulation that didn't moisturize at all. In order for an AHA to work correctly, you really should wait about 30 mins after application before applying anything else. So I would sit for 30 mins with stinging AND painfully tight/dry skin. Not pleasant at all. Acne.org has a major winner here with an effective exfoliator in a lovely formulation. Finally an AHA that doesn't break me out, irritate my skin, or force me to wait before moisturizing. Ever since I started using this (in conjunction with a few other wonderful products) I have woken up to calm skin that is on its way to being clear again. Price for the amount you get is amazing and will last a long time. I will absolutely repurchase.

P.S. Remember to always use a good sunscreen when you use chemical exfoliants!

on 1/18/2013 2:05:00 PM

Right now this product is not working for me, sorry to say :( I got it for use on my chest and have used it for two weeks. I got HORRIBLE breakouts on chest and back compared to usual. I used it every night. And in two days of stopping using it they got better. I will see if I can use it every other day and if that will help but for right now HUGE disspointment and thumbs down

on 9/9/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! Purchased last year and still haven't run out off it, seems to last forever! It has a bit of a yellowish texture but fades completely after rubbing in. I use it as a spot treatment or overnight all over my face. My skin seems to get used to it when i put on everything so i switch between Estee lauder serum and AHA+. Stings badly on popped pimples or those whom are painful already! A little goes a long way

on 8/15/2011 7:18:00 PM

Have been using this for a just a few days and am thrilled with the results. I had been using Alpha Hydrox 10%, but found that it stung my face upon application. This AHA does not cause that stinging feeling. My face looks smoother with smaller pores.

on 8/9/2011 10:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

after a month of the regimen i wanted my face to clear faster so i decided to finally add this in. its been 3 days and i feel like it has done sooo much improvement. i apply in the morning and at night after the BP and dont even use moisturizer. this stuff takes care of all the flake-age and i feel like my scars are fading from this.

Carefully examined the ingredients list before buying, and I have positive experiences in the past with Dan's products. This just completely clogged my pores mostly around the chin area. I am still giving this a 3 b/c lately my skin has been clogging with just about everything so this might be fine for others.