4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I don't know what I'd do without this product. It's the only spf they have that comes high enough. Even the others that I can rarely find with that high of spf don't work as well at all. Its super thick, which is hard to blend in, but keeps the sun out amazingly because of that. It's super waterproof, you can go swimming for a very long time and itll stay on. Its a little difficult to get off but on the upside it stays on great. I have to keep my tattoo out of the sun while going through laser removal treatments and this keeps it from getting sun almost completely. No sunburn at all either. Great for babies and children.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I've used this for about 7 years. I have pale skin, live in a sunny climate, and like to be outside often. I use this year-round, on any part of me that is showing, from face to neck to legs to the backs of my hands. I have dry skin and don't break out often (knock on wood). This has caused absolutely no adverse effects, and I don't burn or tan. I admit that I am not the best about reapplying, and I actually don't go in the water often and can't speak to how waterproof it is. I currently wear this over a Japanese "toner" (liquid moisturizer), hyaluronic acid, and facial oil. By itself it's very thin and neither greasy nor moisturizing. It doesn't leave a white cast if you rub it in well enough. I don't love the consistency but have definitely gotten used to it over the years. I recommend it highly as an effective sunscreen that's widely available, affordable, and plays well with my dry skin.

About reviewer (295 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

5 years ago

I've recently started using the spray lotion form of this sunscreen, but I've been using Coppertone Water Babies since I was ten years old, after a nasty burn while using that color-changing Coppertone Kids stuff...remember that? They claimed it was waterproof for "up to" 6 hours. I've tried lots of other sunscreens on my body and this is the only one that'll keep me from frying. I'm part Scottish and super pale, so I have to reapply every 2-3 hours with this stuff and if I go outside without any sun protection, I seriously start burning and freckling within 30 minutes. Other sunblocks don't even last an hour on my skin. As others have stated, I can't use this stuff on my face, but that's okay. I prefer using something formulated for the more delicate skin there anyway. If anyone is curious, I've been using the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face & Body Stick Sunscreen in SPF 70 on my face, both under and over my makeup and I'm really liking it so far.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesGray

7 years ago

This is actually my HG sunscreen. It is the only sunscreen I've been able to use that doesn't flake when I put my silicone-based primer over it (E.L.F. primer). It goes on smooth, doesn't make me oily, doesn't break me out, is effective against sun damage, and doesn't stain. I love this sunscreen. It gives me a smooth foundation application and is the only one I've found so far that does. Every other sunscreen I've tried so far flakes and makes my skin look dryer than it is or is so oily that my foundation becomes splotchy and melts off within minutes. This is my favorite sunscreen to wear under foundation, without question.

About reviewer (234 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

8 years ago

This is my HG sunscreen- for BODY. I wish I could use it on my face, but it just clogs me up and gives me tons of blackheads. Still, it's cheap and so effective for my body I still rate it a 4. I burn EASY, and this prevents that better than anything else.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

I bought this at Walgreens in a travel size 1oz tube to keep in my purse to put on my hands whenever I go outside. The ingredients listed here were wrong, they were the same as the pure and simple version so I corrected them straight from the bottle's ingredients. This has a PPD of 10.7 which is the highest out of over 10 US sunscreens I have checked so far. I love the smell, it smells like sunscreen but sweeter and yummier. The only thing I don't like is the screw off cap, it should be a flip top, I guess the full size does have a flip top cap though. The highest rating for pore clogging ingredients is a 2, which is the same as jojoba oil so I wouldn't consider it comedogenic. When I apply it all over my face it doesn't burn my skin like olay complete spf 15 does, I put it around my eyes (I wasn't careful about it) and it doesn't sting my eyes either. I used a tinted moisturizer and a pressed powder on top and it applies well under makeup and doesn't ball up and it absorbs well. No break outs so far

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

2.0

9 years ago

This is one of the many sunscreens I've purchased in an on-going quest for a sunscreen suitable for my face. Alas, as you might have guessed, this sunscreen is not at all suitable for your face; it's gives an awful cast and there's a very heavy feel to it. Everybody's skin is different--and really, there's no telling for sure, but I suspect it broke me out BAD (stupidly, I tried to make it work for about 2 weeks). I've since discovered that it's not even suitable for the rest of my body. I recently tried wearing it just on my arms, and man, I just couldn't stand the heavy, lingering odor it gave off, not to mention the heavily coated feel to it (I felt it there all day long, and I worried about my clothes). Thumbs way down. I gave it a two because I've never been burned or tanned with it (and I use a lot of topicals so, I'm pretty sun-sensitive).

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

9 years ago

I like this sunscreen for my body because it does a good job protecting my skin from sunny florida days. I can't use it on my face because it will break me out. It has a white cast but you can rub it in and it does feel greasy. It also has a heavy feel to it. I am not crazy about the smell of this sunscreen; it smells like you are wearing sunscreen. you get a lot of sunscreen for your money so I don't mind using it on my body when I go out in the boat or to the beach:) but I need a more lightweight, less greasy formulation for my face.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

9 years ago

this is a great sunscreen for use on my face because it is gentle and smells nice and does not cause my face to break out.

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

from

9 years ago

I usually use this sunscreen on the days when I am going to be outdoors for longer than normal, since it is SPF 50. Unlike some sunscreens, it does not burn the area around my eyes. Originally I picked up a tiny tube in the sample area of the store to keep in my purse as a sunscreen for my hands, but went back for the normal size when that ran out. I found by accident that is works great under makeup, even mineral makeup. Gives a normal amount of moisture, while not being too heavy or having that whitish cast that some sunscreens have. I like this better than many of the sunscreens I have bought that were made especially for the face. The SPF 50 is a plus, though a little overkill if you are not on the beach or out on a boat- will look for SPF 30 next time.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age36-43