70%

price range

Reviews

from

a month ago

I used a mini version from a EL gift set. It looks lovely, beautiful packing and nice large brush for great coverage. However, the mascara is rubbish as it doesn’t last, and with my deep set eyes, wears off and ends up under my eyes and difficult to remove. I’ve kept it as I feel guilty throwing it, but it’s going today...... Btw.. Clinique Naturally Glossy, not dramatic but doesn’t smudge on me, and for more coverage, Clinique lash power, again, doesn’t smudge on me. Have yet to find the equivalent for dramatic evening coverage, gentle formula with no smudge.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

2 months ago

I got a mini of this as a gift. It kept getting in my eyes during the day, especially in the inner corners. I ended up with raccoon eyes halfway through wearing it. It made my eyelashes look ok (it added volume/could get spidery looking), but it's not worth the price.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

6 months ago

Useless mascara and extremely overpriced. I was gifted the full size regular formula, not waterproof and the regular formula didn't amplify or volumize my lashes. It took the curl out of my lashes and made it flat. Not worth the price tag and the only perk is that it is very easy to wash off.

About reviewer (180 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Other

8 months ago

I absolutely love this mascara! It’s a true deep black color, adds a lot of volume, but also doesn’t clump while adding it! Also the packaging looks awesome and works as great as it looks! 🥰

About reviewer (334 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

8 months ago

nowadays it seems like no one even bothers with mascara. everyone is wearing lash strips or getting extensions (and btw everyone can tell they're fake!!) but i am apparently as old-school as estee lauder's packaging and i just like a good mascara. i did my own wedding makeup and i didn't like how it came out. not because the application was bad but it was entirely too underwhelming for a bride. however, my entire face was redeemed by two things: my eyebrows (my eyebrow pencil at the time was a shade darker than usual) and my eyelashes (95% of the look of fakes and 0% of the hassle, thanks to sumptuous lash). sumptuous lash is my mascara of choice for every day and because it doesn't clump you can pile on as much as you want. but i will sometimes stop at two or three coats and still be satisfied, which is my version of a golden statuette to a mascara. the price is justifiable to me because of the quality of the product and because many department store brands are charging ten and twenty dollars more than this.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

I have plenty of samples of this mascara, which I received during Estée Lauder gifts. Needless to say, they wouldn’t have given it for free if it wasn’t this horrible. I went on MakeupAlley shortly thereafter and found so many positive reviews with it. However, the trend now is increasingly leaned towards extreme bold Instagram lashes, which this would work for. PROS: -it’s easily removed -it’s black -the shape of the brush is a regular brush and it works -it can give you massive lashes CONS: -it gets very clumpy -it’s really thick -it makes your lashes into spider lashes (If large massive spider lashes are what you’re going for, buy this!) -it’s expensive for an awful mascara -it dries out before the three month mark -it flakes before the end of the day -it stings your eyes when you sweat or have moisture near your eyes Needless to say, I would definitely not be purchasing and would advice you not to purchase it unless you want MASSIVE SPIDERY INSTAGRAM LASHES!!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

This is the second tube of this mascara(second one was a gift) I'm using,It's nice and I don't dislike it but can't say it's one of my favorites. I have medium length,almost thin,straight lashes.I like dramatic but not spidery eyelashes so I want my mascara to give my lashes a lot of volume and lengthening but not an overly unnatural look,holding curl is also very important for me.I don't have oily lids or sensitive eyes but I wear contacts often. this mascara is black enough,it holds a curl and gives some length and volume and defines my lashes.it doesn't have the best brush but it's good,it's long but not fat.it can get a bit clumpy and stick lashes together but all in all I won't call it very clumpy or too sticky.the formula is not too wet or too dry one coat creates nice,natural looking lashes with just a bit of extra volume and darkness.I have tried three coats(waited a minute between coats) and it can only look decent if you don't put on too many coats without waiting in between When I apply it the way that I like to apply my mascara(applying from the very base with almost closed eyes as if I'm trying to curl my lashes with the brush), It can be very messy and smear and transfer to my upper lid so I have to apply it slowly and carefully with open eyes.also sometimes a bit of the product enters inside my eyes(specially if I try to remove it just by washing),it doesn't irritate my eyes but still taking them off my eyes is a real pain.It's not one of very difficult to remove mascaras and I can remove it by a regular micellar water I have read in couple of other reviews that their mascara had dried faster than usual but not in my case.mine hasn't dried after more than a year! I usually don't have smudging problem with mascaras(as I have dry lids),but this mascara sometimes smudges under my eyes All in all I'd call it a better than average mascara(I would give it 3.5 if it was possible) as it keeps my lashes curled/doesn't weigh my lashes down and gives my lashes a decent look but I have had mascaras which made my lashes look much better AND were much cheaper so I don't think I'd repurchase this one

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

a year ago

I received this in a sampler kit from Macy's last holiday, so I want to preface the review by saying I did not purchase the full tube. That said, this mascara was average at best. I have naturally long lashes but they are thin and need lots of volume. Since this mascara advertises voluminous effects I was hoping for more. However, it is a very clumpy formula and it takes forever to dry. When it did dry, it irritated my eyes by flaking off. I wear contacts on occasion, but even with my glasses I found my eyes watering and itchy when using this formula. I did like the tapered brush, but I found that the formula made large chunks of the product stick to the brush, which causes further clumping once applied. The price tag, packaging, and formula are not worth it if you are looking for a mascara that will enhance your lashes. If you are looking for a formula that will darken your lashes with minimal volume or lengthening effects then this is the formula for you.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

2 years ago

Smudged after half a day. Big smudges. Disappointed for this kind of price.

About reviewer (1598 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

this mascara made my eyes water soo friggin much. i dont consider myself to have sensitive eyes, and i cant tolerate liquid eyeliner but everything else, powders, shadows cream, i havent had an issue until this. tg i didn't actually buy this mascara, it came as a part of a gift with purchase

About reviewer (137 reviews)

Age25-29