Bulgari Bvlgari Jasmin Noir

Bulgari Bvlgari Jasmin Noir

2.8

on 11/21/2016 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Peculiar randomness about this: This is what I always wanted Chanel #5 to be for me. Yes, I realize they have different notes and accords, but the vibe I get from Jasmin Noir is what I had always hoped I would get from No. 5: Timeless, classy, my 'go-to' for special events. I just never found a 'special event only' type of fragrance hat I really liked, I had been using #5. But I never really cared for #5, I just used it because it was so 'classy' and 'timeless' and a 'classic'. Anyhoo...enough randomness. Bvlgari Jasmin Noir is a classy, timeless, sophisticated, a little bold but not overpowering, confident type of scent, that I enjoy greatly. I feel this is definitely a grown woman's classy, sophisticated, timeless 'special event' scent. Bold yet still pleasant and not overpowering. This does dry down for me to sort of a powdery floral type of scent. Just a lovely classic classy fragrance.

However, while I love the scent, sadly, this does not last for me very long. I can apply it and after a couple of hours I just detect the slight powdery floral. I even ask friends and family if they can detect the scent, and they have to get up and sniff my wrists to detect it. So, this is maybe an hour or two of decent wear-time. I would say be ready to have this at the ready, to re-apply, if you want it to stay throughout the day. Otherwise for me, I think this is best worn to places you will only be for an hour or two, not an all day event. But it is surprisingly clean and most definitely very sophisticated and classy. Definitely great (imho) for holidays, special moment events, special nights out, that sort of thing. Not for the office or school, imho. Not an everyday scent for me, but definitely perfect for those instances you want to feel sophisticated and need a "classy" type of perfume. For that, I feel this is perfection. I just wish it held it's initial loveliness when first sprayed a little longer. I do love this perfume, but I so wish it lasted longer than an hour or two. That is the only thing that would probably keep me from repurchasing this. Otherwise I would probably already being ordering a backup, as I do love this scent so, the first hour or two, anyway. But still, being it is a 'special event' kind of fragrance, I suspect I will have this for a long time.

on 8/4/2014 4:25:00 PM

I Adore this perfume, it is a very Sensual, Beautiful, Dramitic Statment Making Fragrance, When I put this on, The feeling of being wraped in a long Black Velvet Evening Gown with flawless Diamonds flowing all around, BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

What???? Is this a men's aftershave or cologne from the 60's/70's? I would be shocked but from the Omnia's on, I haven't been impressed with Bulgari but really, this is so bad.

on 3/22/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wanting a sensual floral to welcome Spring I was drawn to Bulgari. Although I'm devout to my French fragrance houses I periodically venture to Italy for change. Change was what I surely got, and not the good kind. To begin, the bottle is sleek and sensual in the the hand and would have looked stunning on my vanity. That's where the lovely ended. The jasmin scent is there but not the lush earthy night blooming jasmine scent I so love. No. This one on me is pungent and very synthetic smelling. That was the beginning of my misery. Quickly this morphed into a very bitter floral similar to what St. Joseph's lilies smell like just before they need to be discarded. I despise that odor of rotting petals. I sniffed for gardenia, I sniffed for wood. Zilch. Within about 10 minutes of spritzing my forearm began to feel slightly warm and then turned a pretty rose shade. Fortunatley the irritation abated. I then left Ulta and headed home believing this scent needed time to mellow on my skin. It was about 3 minutes into my 10 minute drive home that a pounding headache enveloped my forehead. I then realized that this scent not only didn't like me but that it clearly had it in for me on all sensory levels. A day later and I still smell a lingering scent of Jasmin Noir on my forearm, which is rare because Bulgari scents lean short lived and light. I now accept I simply don't like soapy jasmin fragrances and this one didn't like me either. Truce. Back to France I head.

on 12/11/2013 9:25:00 PM

Wearing this perfume is like having been handed a one way ticket to Fiji in the dead of a long and lonely winter. The jasmine notes are light but more than recognizable although it does remind me of a fragrance that would have really suited Alexis Carrington. In one word....RICH.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very provocative and beautiful, much more full-bodied than the typical Bvlgari. The wood notes and licorice are more prominent than the jasmine, so if you're expecting a "fresh" jasmine, this is not it. It's quite intimate, like the smell of your lover on the sheets the next day. Will probably be most appreciated by the 30+ crowd. I have the EDP, and the lasting power is very good. Stunning bottle. What's not to love?

on 3/22/2011 5:43:00 PM

I didn't like this one at all...Very strong...The 2 times I tried wearing this it gave me a bad headache...As usual most of the fragrance's here that get mostly positive reviews I end up not caring for them.

I was given a miniature of this for Christmas and it doesn't really work with my chemistry at all. I can't detect any jasmine in it, the opening notes are just a harsh floral, after which it dries to a combination of baby powder and incense. I went and tested it at my local department store also, just in case the bottle i was given was bad, but I got the same result. Try before you buy because as with all perfumes, your body chemistry will alter it in ways you have to experience to believe.

Notes:
Top Notes: Green Sap and Gardenia Petals
Heart Notes: Sambac Jasmine Absolute and Satiny Almond
Base Notes: Precious wood, Licorice and Tonka Bean Absolute

1.7 oz. EDP, 2.5 oz. Body Lotion, 2.5 oz. Bath and Shower Gel
Bought this tonight at the Duty Free ga\la 20% off, I had wanted it ,love it great smell and long lasting, I smelled a lot of fragrances just bought one, very nice,♥

on 4/18/2009 11:44:00 PM

I wanted to like this but it reminded me of ADDICT..the notes seemed exactly the same and it gave me an instant headache!Pure vanilla notes..I did not detect the jasmin.Staying power was good though and I could not wait to wash it off!!Not for me....