4.3

on 9/20/2016 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think derma rollers are great, but you have to be careful and buy good quality. The first set I bought was a 4-piece titanium set by Youyaner for about $30, and it's fantastic. High quality, lots of good information & instructions came with it, and I get good results that you can see right away. The needles are thin and don't leave marks on me. I then bought a 3-piece set by DRS for $9. It was advertised as having titanium needles, but there is nothing on the box that says titanium or anything else for that matter. I bought this one because it includes a large body roller and I thought it would save time when working on my legs. Thank God I didn't try this on my face first. It feels really scratchy compared to the Youyaner, and even though I was careful, it left horrible red scratch marks all over my legs that lasted for over a week. It looks like I had a run-in with Freddie Kruger. I tested the 1mm needles of both brands on my arms, and there's no comparison: the cheaper one is scratchy and leaves marks. The more expensive one feels like medical grade equipment. These aren't very expensive anyway, so do your research and buy the best quality that you can. I'm throwing the cheap ones away.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I bought this derma roller online for $20 AUD. It looks scary as f**kšŸ˜‚ I was really paranoid about infection etc so asked my paramedic ex about what to clean it with etc. So i also bought surgical grade isopropyl alcohol (transferred to a spray bottle). I thought id need numbing cream but once you get used to the feeling of it, its honestly not that bad. I bought this for scarring i received after a laser session. i have a small birthmark on my face and as im half indian, my skin is very easily burnt with lasers. it makes me so self concious. Im 27 and want a smooth looking face as does every woman. The treatment left my face feeling on fire for an hour afterward, but it wasn't too bad. i applied some rosehip oil too though next time i might try going without any products to let my skin go through the healing process naturally. ive only done the one treatment so far but its made a difference in the texture of my skin. i do think this is going to work with filling my scars in based solely on the results i have already had. Will definitely keep using this, and i wish I'd known about it sooner!!

on 8/8/2016 2:54:00 PM

I suffered from cystic acne on both my cheeks. After the acne were gone, they left horrible but shallow red pitted scars. About 30% of the redness went away after I applied calamine lotion on it, but the red pitted scars never left. I decided to try derma rolling even though I was skeptical about it. I bought one at $9 on qoo10 and its the MRM brand and the quality is quite good tbh. I used isopropyl alcohol to sanitize it by dipping it in a small container for 10-15 min and then dipped in it hot water. I used the 0.75mm once every 3 weeks. The results are very very slow and I actually only managed to see results like in the 2nd to 3rd month of derma rolling! SO PATIENCE IS KEY.. My pitted scars are actually 65 % gone after 3 sessions of rolling. The redness after rolling usually last half a day for me and I apply nothing to my face after rolling!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

These are the claims:

Remove years from your appearance and promote younger looking skin by increasing collagen production. Collagen has been found to decrease wrinkles, smooth fine lines, regain skin elasticity, and minimize acne scarring.
ā™„ Increase absorption of your favorite skincare products such as Retinol, Vitamin C Serum, Hyaluronic Acid, and Cocoa Butter.
ā™„ Works on all of your problem areas. Minimize stretch marks, eliminate cellulite, and even shrink enlarged pores.
ā™„ You really can look years younger...in just 1 painless and safe session.
ā™„ In this offer, you'll receive a gorgeous golden 0.5 mm Titanium Needle DermaRoller with a special travel case with an exclusive instructional manual.

Honestly, I liked it but I didn't see a difference in stretch marks or reducing size of pores. Maybe it helps your body absorb nutrients that you put on your skin but it is hard to tell. I won't repurchase because this lasts a long time and I didn't see a difference.

on 5/30/2016 1:54:00 AM

Love my Derma Roller <3 I saw a huge difference in my deeper facial wrinkles the first time I used it. Also products absorb much better. I used the numbing agent on my face but it did wear off and I got used to it. I did my entire body and did it w/o the numbing and not much pain at all. I used the .75 roller. I rolled my legs over larger blue varicose veins and also my hands and it definitely thickened my skin making veins less noticeable. I use the 1/4 roller in between the tendons on my hands where it is hard to reach with the full roller. I definitely notice a HUGE difference in thickness of my skin on the hands! :) I do my elbows too and notice less wrinkles on them when my arms are straight. I am going to get a derma stamp for my inner eyes because the rollers are hard to get close enough. I want to use the stamp close in between my eyes where it had gotten hallow and bluish and I normally have to use coverup pencil before my makeup. I have done this area as close as I can and have definitely noticed a huge difference in filling in this area between the eyes and much less bluish color. I also go heavier (with a 1/4 roller for small areas) on the dark circle arch below my eyes and have noticed the skin thickening in there so dark circles appear less noticeable. I make sure I have LOTS of time to apply as best as I can using a 10X mirror to see my face well (takes me 1 1/2 hrs just to do face/neck/hands/elbows/scars/veins in legs). I do not put anything on my face for at least a day and a half and make sure I do not have to go anywhere so it will be done right. This product works and makes total sense once you know the science behind it. I wish I had heard of this product years ago! I can't believe how it works for such an inexpensive price! Why is this not sold in the stores I wonder?! Turns back time!!

HI there!
I have mild acne scars with large pores on both my cheeks for years.
I have been using the Fractional CO2 laser treatment for 6 years .
However, the progress is slow and minimal.
It's 2016 , it's time to try something new in life.
I have rolled my face twice so far with a 2.5 mm derma roller on a every 5-day basis,
followed by a green tea extract face mask twice in a day.

it's been 3 weeks now. The result is amazing.
The pores start to shrink to minimal. A very smooth surface
I must say, derma roller works better than Laser on improving the scar.
I can't wait to roll again !

Pros : Skin starts to glow since the circulation is improved after rolling
Pores are minimized.
Scars are fading
Feeling the skin is tighter.

Cons: Painful when rolling
The redness takes 4 days to subside

on 4/30/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Wow... could this be?
I've had mine for quite some years, but never really went further than testing it out a bit. Have used this after a long while twice last week, and I was shocked by the difference on my skin, so much that I'm wondering if it's that! The only thing I changed in those weeks is using this, and putting on Jojoba oil on my face at night. Maybe it's the combination. I also had a tan in those two weeks, but that normally gives me a day of pimples... I had quite some pimples due to hormones the last couple of weeks, so I was so thankful when they seemed to vanish with this. My skin tone got more even, more calm, more radiant. I so wanna believe it's this! Will keep using it, and will buy a new one, since mine didn't come in a case but just a holder, and I'm afraid it will get more dusty than necessary. Also, some of the needles look a bit rusty inside now. I think it might be a good idea to clean this with a toothbrush and some disinfectant.

Pro:
- seems to make skin tone more even
- dramatically less acne
- skin looks radiant!

Con:
- hurts :) (I always watch a video or something while
rolling, so I will be a little bit more distracted from the
pain)
- not cheap for a rather cheap looking instrument
- mine got rusty on the base of some needles (had mine
for couple of years and always spray-disinfected it
before use)

on 4/26/2016 3:41:00 PM

Purchased an Ora derma roller from a discount site. Have only used it twice, but I wanted to write a review to let people know it's really not as painful and scary as it sounds. I do not use a numbing cream and I do not use a lot of force when rolling. It does leave my face and neck a little bright pink/red and slightly stingy, but no more so than a day at the beach (Irish skin, even with sunblock). In fact it feels kind of nice and warm and relaxing once I'm done rolling. The pink/red skin doesn't last more than an hour or so. The first time I used it was a Sunday and then the following Tuesday with no ill effect. Cannot comment yet as to the benefits, of course, but it's not nearly as painful as one might think. Also did not use any moisturizer or serum on my face before or after.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Please note that anything over 1.0 or 1.5 should only be used by a professional as it can cause even more damage to the skin.
1.0 should be used for deeper scars and is recommended only once a month to allow your skin to repair properly and go through its cycle of rejuvenation.
You can use it as a more aggressive once monthly treatment then at 2weeks a very light rolling on problem areas only. Repeat this treatment plan for at least 6months for best results. Use only 2x monthly once your skin has become acclimated to it and if your skin can handle it.
You should NEVER use anything above .75 more than once a week!
.25 can be used every two days and is not for scars or wrinkles but to help get the most out of your skincare products. You can start to use once a day if your skin can tolerate it.
.50 Once weekly -scars, slight wrinkles, sun damage.
.75 once a month or every two weeks if your skin can tolerate. -hyperpigmentation, fine lines, scars
1.0 Once monthly - For Deep wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, ice pick scars etc.

Here is a great site with a video that demonstrates how to properly use your derma roller.

Did another treatment 4/13/16.
This one was much more intense and left my skin red.
Last time I do not feel I applied enough pressure so this time I used more pressure and went over each area more than before. I also went over my neck 5x each area. I should have done more but I had enough torture for one night lol.
UPDATE 5/11/16
My skin is looking much more even toned and my scars are not as deep. They are still there but they are slowly looking better. I feel like my complexion overall is better and my skin looks a bit more plump. I do think it may work better if I purchased one of those stamping
?wands/roller? since it will be easier to concentrate it on a specified area.
Overall I am pretty happy. Wish it worked faster but I guess the results are coming in much faster and are actually noticeable compared to using just skincare products and hoping for the best.
I do apply a vitamin c serum after and I also apply my MSM cream to my main problematic areas.
----I also wanted to quickly note that the days following my second and third treatments my skin is slightly red, and looks worse then before I started.
Then as the skin repairs itself within a few days or at least within a week that is when it goes back to normal. By 30days my skin looks much better and that is when I can notice a difference in my skin and how much better it is looking.
It really is starting to help the deep scars and discoloration, you just need to give it some time.

on 2/29/2016 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am 42 with 20+ year old acne scars that are some red and some pitted. my left cheek is worse. so pitted and becoming wavy like/cottage cheese,"rolling" scars due to age, time in sun, loss of collagen. they are old scars turned worse! with weight loss and weight gain in cycles.

I bought this MT brand and 1.5 length of needles
it hurts like hell but I do not press hard enough to bleed as many say to do
I turn hot pink and I think that's good enough!
I roll straight up and down then sideways then diagonal
5 rolls each time 3 methods so 15 (includes backwards roll)

and my skin the next day is TIGHTER because its firming! I look better after use.
I didn't the first time I tried it because I mist have been using too many other products at the same time. or just the wrong products. you will have to play with it in your routine to see.
I use retin a and acid peels and so many things that all I know is my first experience with it months ago was not good and it seemed to make the scars worse.
I also am not famous for allowing the downtime or healtime. I make quick judgements and give up quick.

for me what I keep learning is an opposite thing to what weve been told. and I see now more derms are realizing this as well(especially for oily skin)
and that is this
after you INJURE your skin in your attempts to make it look better.,such as with dermal roller and peels.. do NOT use oils and moisturizers etc afterwards
let it dry with NOTHING on it.. anything that makes skin moist.. and it will not dry and heal properly
before it was said after a tca peel for example to apply Neosporin (Vaseline based) now they are saying opposite.. and I MYSELF have found superb results by the injure heal method and putting NOTHING on after. for then I get the tightness I wanted and moisture will impede results. even peels scab off /peel off better if left to dry..
so I used it before with bad results as I used cream after.
used nothing and can SEE results.
so I used it before bed...
I know we all like to wear some kind of treatment each night to bed.. but just the ONE night you use this just don't and see what happens.
the rest of the week you can use your other treatments as usual
I woke up to a nice tight results pitted scars much less visible. I want it to GROW back that way and moisture makes skin "soggy" and "move" basically keeps it in same bad shape it was in
I use it on cleansed dried skin and after use I rinse in hottest water and pour some rubbing alcohol on it from dollar store..then rinse again in hot water and place in the storage tray it came with
mt roller is metal and was only $6 free shipping. it has a clear plastic handle and a mint greenish blue ish head and metal spikes.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools