Egg Bomb

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

on 8/3/2016 9:36:00 PM

Because I have very dry and damaged color-treated straight hair, I decided to try this mask when I heard about it on MakeupAlley. I used the recipe as directed and was very pleased with the results. It made my hair very silky, shiny, and soft, and repaired the look of my damaged split ends. I would definitely use this diy again. The only thing about it is that it's sticky and messy, and that you should rinse it out in cold water. (You don't want the eggs to cook on your head) Also, remember to only use the yolk - the egg white may make your hair stiff and dry it out. Finally, it may be too strong for people with healthy, non-damaged hair because the egg contains protein.

on 7/23/2014 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This was the worst mistake I have ever made!
My hair has been bleached three times in the past two weeks and it is dry, split, breaking, etc etc. So when I saw a recipe for an egg hair mask in a youtube video, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it!
Boy, was I wrong!!!
The recipe I used was as follows:
-2 whole eggs
-1/4 cup olive oil
I whisked the ingredients together and applied the mixture all over my hair. I was noticing as I was applying it that it was making my hair a bit stiff, but I figured that it was probably just because I wasn't saturating it enough. So I was careful to saturate my hair completely with the stuff (I used all of it). I let it sit for 20-30 minutes and my hair started to feel ridiculously stiff and straw-like so I decided it was time to wash it out.
I tried to just rinse it with water, but it wouldn't come out. My hair was still really stiff, and I was afraid it was going to break off! So I shampooed it, and there was no difference. I shampooed it again; still no difference. I had to shampoo it five times before it started to feel anything like hair again, and then had to condition it twice, shampoo it again, and condition it one more time before I was satisfied.
My hair most certainly is not silky soft and fabulous like I imagined it to be! I have put olive oil alone in my hair before with great results, but I would not recommend eggs (or at least this particular recipe) to anyone for their hair.
Hope this is helpful!
xx

on 4/18/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this hair mask after reading so many awesome reviews, but I was a tiny bit disappointed. Still, overall I was impressed - I think I was just hoping for too much. My hair does feel a bit healthier than it did before using this.

To start with, my hair is just a couple inches above waist-length in the back, and thicker than thick. To give you an idea, I've had so many hairdressers pick up less than a quarter of my hair and tell me, "You've got more hair right here than most people have on their entire head." I actually had to use five times the recipe - I tripled it to begin with but it was definitely not enough. I've dyed my hair maybe five times in the past few years, straighten it once or twice a week and am way overdue on a trim, so I did have a bit of damage.

It did feel disgusting during the application, but I didn't notice much of a smell. I applied, covered my hair and let it sit for about forty-five minutes. It did take a few minutes to rinse out before shampooing, and even though I'd brushed it before applying the egg bomb, it was the most knotted mess it's ever been while trying to shampoo and condition. After air-drying it was still pretty oily, so I washed and conditioned again and that fixed it.

Now that it's all dry and clean, I do notice a bit of difference. It does seem a bit healthier overall, and somehow my ends look and feel fuller. Aside from that I don't notice much difference in the overall feel or texture of my hair, but I suppose it wasn't too bad to start with and the egg bomb did essentially what it was supposed to. My hair feels stronger.

on 12/23/2012 1:36:00 AM

I tried this for a couple weeks because of how many people swear by it, but it just didn't do much for me. I have dry, frizzy, damaged hair and I came out of the shower looking the same. Very little shine, still poofy, and still dry. After a few weeks my hair looked slightly more moisturized, though.

I ended up cutting my locks off and going for a pixie cut. Because my (now short) hair isn't broken or thin, I can see more of a difference. It is a bit softer and shinier and the frizz is a little more controllable.

I like the fact that it is all natural and pretty cheep (pun intended). It's also really important to buy good quality eggs. I have my own hens who are free ranged and fed organically, and I use their eggs but one time I had to settle for some poor quality store bought eggs and the difference was pretty noticeable; just not as healthy looking and not as moisturized.

Overall, I like the product. I guess I was just disappointed that it's not some miracle cure like everyone was saying it was. Also, it takes a long time to notice a difference. I still occasionally treat myself to it in hopes that any new hair growth will be more healthy and moisturized than before.

I just egg bombed my hair. Such a good decision. My hair is so shiny it's like it belongs to someone else! Just awesome. I did modify the concoction by adding 1 tablespoon of coconut oil as well. I just love coconut oil for anything and everything. Plus it makes you smell like the beach instead of breakfast.

As someone who uses oil (coconut, olive, almond) in my hair frequently, I was SO surprised at how effortless the egg bomb washed out. I used warm water--just warm enough so I didn't freeze in the shower. It didn't cook the egg. After I rinsed out the mask, I washed my hair with watered down aloe vera shampoo and finished with She Care deep conditioning conditioner (used to swear by it, but it's changed so don't bother).

I also used the egg white (about half) to infuse my hair with much needed protein. Should you choose not to include the egg white, might as well make yourself an egg white omelet while your hair mask sits.

This will be become a once a week ritual for sure.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

My hair just cannot do without this treatment. It's super-dry to the point moisturising masks give virtually no significant result and it's wavy, when treated with the wrong product, it'll expand like a lion's mane with a gazillion knots that breaks hair brushes. And my hair's not even long, it's only armpit-length. Oh, and I do not heat style my hair.

I very nearly bought Kerastase Masquintense because I was so fed up with my difficult hair but I was very reluctant. I once tried this treatment, but it didn't give an amazing result. I'm so glad I gave it another go!

This has transformed my difficult hair into a beautiful tangle-free and defined waves. It's ridiculously soft and silky, I couldn't believe my own hands. It doesn't rob my volume as well, it makes my hair look voluminous, bouncy and just overall awesome. The result lasts, I once tried a vigorous clarifying treatment to find out my natural texture, I clarified with shampoo mixed with baking soda and didn't follow with a conditioner. My hair air-dried amazingly! I use the original recipe and it's enough for my medium-length hair. I leave it on for 30-60 minutes, shampoo it out, condition and I haven't had a single bad hair day since I started this weekly treatment. I feel like at last, I no longer need expensive salon conditioner or shampoo because with this, anything will do. The fact that it's natural and cheap is just the icing on the cake :)

on 10/1/2011 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love homemade beauty concoctions but I'm lazy and don't want anything too complicated. This is right up my alley. I put this on my hair and put on a shower cap before I ride my stationary bike for thirty minutes. The shower cap ensures that it gets nice and warm up there. It leaves my thick, coarse hair nicely conditioned.

on 2/16/2011 1:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I do this once every week, but my recipe is slightly different and I don't shampoo it out. I use 3 egg yolks, a few squirts of the GVP Conditioning balm and 6 drops of rosemary essential oil. I mix these together thoroughly and it is just enough mixture to put in my armpit length very thick curly hair from scalp to ends. I apply and leave on for 2 hours under a shower cap and a heating pad. I fill up the tub with hot water (a tub bath is not a tub bath unless the water is hot, and I've never had the egg yolk cook in the water) and mermaid soak it swaying my hair around gently in the water for about 10 minutes. That's it! I squeeze my hair until it's not dripping wet, and wide-toothed comb all tangles out. It feels thicker, but not the least bit greasy and detangling is not a problem. I might have some bits of white egg stuff left (or maybe it's bits of conditioning balm, idk) from not separating the eggs very well, but they easily comb out. I airdry my hair after squeezing it with a towel to get as much moisture out as I am able, and have very little frizz. If you tried this with olive oil and honey and it came out greasy, you could try doing it my way. I personally don't use honey because it contains peroxide which can cause haircolor to fade quicker, but if you want to use honey, you can heat up the honey first to destroy the peroxide effect. I just like my way better.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG LOVE. My hair looks super pretty. I just bombed my hair after dying it with super drying boxed color *cough* Clairol w/ Balsam *cough* a couple of days ago. Lo and behold my hair is softer and shinier than it was before. It even made it look cuter in a pony. I can't stop touching my hair. If this was a marketed product I could totally be its spokeswoman because I have nothing but good things to say about this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So after reading all the great reviews I decided to try this out this weekend. I actually had to triple the recipe cause I have super long hair (little past half-way down my back) and suuper thick Indian hair. Its a bit messy putting it in, so definitely plan to clean your bathroom afterward! =o) As I was washing my hair I didn't notice anything different...didn't feel super soft or anything, BUT once I finish straighten ironing it, it looked AMAZING. It definitely has WAY more shine and is suuuuper soft. I will definitely be doing this at least twice a month! I LOVE how cheap all the ingredients are too! Thank you SO much for posting this concoction!!! =o)