Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 10/14/2017 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Oh... how I'd love to give this a good review, but my skin says no. Like a lot of others said.... The effects are short lived. Huge let down, but in my case the main problem was it emphasized the pores on my nose so bad. It left white spots where each pore is. I tried several times with lots of different foundations and it was the same for me every single time. I use it now only on my cheeks and forehead and even my chest area. (I will get my money's worth. Lol) This comes in beautiful heavy packaging. But didn't work out for this oily gal.

on 11/11/2016 11:22:00 AM

This product is good but over rated. It did leave me with white marks and as a result I hardly use this anymore. It does have a good mattefying effect but not worth the white marks.

on 11/11/2016 11:01:00 AM

I love everything about this product except...it broke me out pretty bad. SO disappointing. For reference, I have VERY acne-prone skin (If I blow my nose too much I break out) and VERY oily skin. Topical meds I take for the acne-prone make my skin even oilier. But I'll take being blemish free for more oil! So, I was obviously looking for a pressed powder to help combat that oil. This really did do a nice job. I was still oily using this, but I think it maybe reduced it a tad. No miracle worker though. I did like how it made my skin look as well. I know there probably won't be a powder anywhere to get rid of my oil so I don't fault it for that. I would have kept it and used it daily if it didn't break me out, so if you have good skin you'll probably like this. It didn't break me out in like blemishes all over, it gave me one ginormous blemish on my chin which a week later is still there. I could also feel more blemishes forming, but I stopped using it immediately. So overall, if you have decent skin you might like this. If you are very acne prone, it'll probably break you out. If you're very oily, it'll be something but not a miracle worker. I'm still on my difficult hunt for a pressed powder.

I have found my holy grail powder. It makes my face matte without making it look cakey and it stays matte for many hours. I have oily skin and even my very oily nose stays matte for at least 6 hours with this powder. And it's actually translucent, not like some powders that claim to be translucent and leave you with a white face.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this product. I think overall, it works just as well as blotting paper but cheaper in the long-term.

I like that it doesn't leave a white cast over my face, doesn't settle into my wrinkles.
Highly recommended.

on 10/29/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have VERY oily skin and this did nothing to control it. It made my face look cakey and it leaves a white cast. Very disappointed because this was very expensive.

on 9/17/2015 1:10:00 PM

I live in a very humid place and my T zone can get quite greasy; this powder works great on me. It goes over makeup or bare skin very well, with no whiteness or altering the skin/ makeup colour. Depending on environment sometimes I build this up and it doesn't look cakey. If I want a radiant/ slick look, I dust this very lightly to prevent excess oiliness and it works great then too.

I haven't used many such powders prior to discovering this but it does a fantastic job, definitely worth the money.

on 8/23/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My skin is pretty oily so I bought this since it had high reviews. I used up the whole thing and I can surely say that it's no different from a drugstore pressed powder for me. Controls oil for a couple of hours. The translucent powder didn't alter my foundation colour (some tend to make my face lighter), and didn't break me out which is good. Won't repurchase because of the price and that I could get something just as effective at the drugstore!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Okay, so there are hundreds of shine free powders out there. A lot of great drugstore options as well. I will admit, I'm guilty for buying this because of the packaging. I don't use this as a setting powder but as a blotting powder on the go. I wanted something pretty to pull out when I'm out. Sounds lame right? I think not, I just sound like a normal cosmetic junkie girl! So why not just get Guerlain or Chanel if I'm going to be this silly? Well, I study ingredients. I have to for my skin type. Since I hit my 30's, I developed acne for the first time and my skin became reactive to ingredients. The ingredients in De-Slick looked promising and safe. After using this for a few weeks, it is safe for me. Honestly, nothing will ever compare to MAC Blot (tears). This was the only powder that really knocked the crap out of my oil. But, it clogged my pores like crazy. I just can't use it anymore. Because I'm medium olive, avoiding the ol' white cast is a real struggle for me. I don't pack on the powder with the puff and apply it like I'm waxing a car. That will cause a white cast! If I'm really oily in certain spots. I gently dip the puff in the powder and apply it to the oily spot with firm pressure in blotting motions to that specific area until the shine is gone. If I have a light veil of oil all over, I use a travel kabuki brush and lightly dust all over.

- packaging is so pretty and sturdy
- looks flawless on my skin (definitely buff it in on top, it won't move the foundation)
- matte for probably 5-6 hours

- wish it was cheaper

Overall, great product. Would consider repurchasing, but rimmel stay matte works similarly.