Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

on 11/11/2016 11:22:00 AM

This product is good but over rated. It did leave me with white marks and as a result I hardly use this anymore. It does have a good mattefying effect but not worth the white marks.

on 11/11/2016 11:01:00 AM

I love everything about this product except...it broke me out pretty bad. SO disappointing. For reference, I have VERY acne-prone skin (If I blow my nose too much I break out) and VERY oily skin. Topical meds I take for the acne-prone make my skin even oilier. But I'll take being blemish free for more oil! So, I was obviously looking for a pressed powder to help combat that oil. This really did do a nice job. I was still oily using this, but I think it maybe reduced it a tad. No miracle worker though. I did like how it made my skin look as well. I know there probably won't be a powder anywhere to get rid of my oil so I don't fault it for that. I would have kept it and used it daily if it didn't break me out, so if you have good skin you'll probably like this. It didn't break me out in like blemishes all over, it gave me one ginormous blemish on my chin which a week later is still there. I could also feel more blemishes forming, but I stopped using it immediately. So overall, if you have decent skin you might like this. If you are very acne prone, it'll probably break you out. If you're very oily, it'll be something but not a miracle worker. I'm still on my difficult hunt for a pressed powder.

I have found my holy grail powder. It makes my face matte without making it look cakey and it stays matte for many hours. I have oily skin and even my very oily nose stays matte for at least 6 hours with this powder. And it's actually translucent, not like some powders that claim to be translucent and leave you with a white face.

This is the first powder claiming to be 'mattifying' which has actually lived up to its promise. I definitely notice that my skin - especially my t-zone - is nowhere near as oily looking or feeling when I use this. But - be warned! You can definitely overdo this and use too much, giving you a glow that Casper the Friendly Ghost would envy. It has a slight lavender hue to it, so over-applying (by accident or on purpose) can end up making my skin look very sallow.

For the price - £19.50 - it's definitely worth it in my opinion. You could easily spend that much on a selection of cheaper ones that make the same claims, but don't work. This one actually does what it claims to do and should last a while too, so the price for me is justified.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This powder is pure perfection! Look no further for another one. You get what you want: a long lasting, cakey-free, transparent powder that fights the oil in your face. This is my HG powder and I've tried alot. But they became cakey during layering/reapplying or didn't last long. With this one, you get the sweetest girly packaging ever for a powder. No wonder why it costs over 30. The mirror and a little sponge come as well, but the product is the most important thing. With this, I only need to touch up twice in a long night out in a club. Before that, I needed to reapply 10 times! Don't wait any longer, get this. Now!

on 5/28/2016 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This powder makes my skin look great as soon as I apply it, BUT the effect only lasts about 5 or 10 minutes for me then I look exactly like I did before I used it. Everyone's skin is different, but for my super oily nose, leaving my $6 CG Oil Control powder was a mistake.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this product. I think overall, it works just as well as blotting paper but cheaper in the long-term.

I like that it doesn't leave a white cast over my face, doesn't settle into my wrinkles.
Highly recommended.

on 12/1/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This powder is truly amazing
It is just a white mattifying powder, it does not add any coverage, but it just keeps you matte.
It keeps you matte like instantly, you can see the difference.
For me, i am really oily around my t-zone, i pat it on, it keep that area matte for about three to four hours...
This is the kind of product you can see the instant effect on, but it's kinda pricy i think..

on 10/29/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have VERY oily skin and this did nothing to control it. It made my face look cakey and it leaves a white cast. Very disappointed because this was very expensive.

on 9/17/2015 1:10:00 PM

I live in a very humid place and my T zone can get quite greasy; this powder works great on me. It goes over makeup or bare skin very well, with no whiteness or altering the skin/ makeup colour. Depending on environment sometimes I build this up and it doesn't look cakey. If I want a radiant/ slick look, I dust this very lightly to prevent excess oiliness and it works great then too.

I haven't used many such powders prior to discovering this but it does a fantastic job, definitely worth the money.