66%

price range

Reviews

1.0

a year ago

I put off buying this for a long time because of mixed reviews. I should have skipped it. ;) This really did nothing to make my makeup last on my super oily skin. I do have other powders that work better. (the All Nighter, for instance) If you have combo or only slightly oily skin this would probably work for you. It does seem to leave a slight white cast, which on my super pale face didn't matter, but would matter for some. The packaging is gorgeous, I was a little sad this didn't work out.

About reviewer (251 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Very disappointed with this product, because it is definitely not translucent. It is too pale for my medium tanned skin, and gives my face a white cast. I would definitely not recommend this for anyone whose skin tone isn’t light. So no matter how good this powder might be, it is still unusable for me. Other than that, I can’t reallt fault this product. It’s not cakey, goes into the skin smoothly, has a slight blurring effect. The packaging is not only beautiful, but it’s also nice and firm so I imagine it can withstand some banging around in my makeup bag without breaking. However, it’s oil control properties are nothing to boast about. It’s not bad, and does control oil reasonably well, but it’s also definitely nowhere near the best I’ve had. I find it strictly average. To sum it up, I’d recommend it for those with combination to moderately oily fair skin. But if you haven’t got fair skin or you were looking for something with stronger oil control, then this is not it.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

1.0

2 years ago

Oh... how I'd love to give this a good review, but my skin says no. Like a lot of others said.... The effects are short lived. Huge let down, but in my case the main problem was it emphasized the pores on my nose so bad. It left white spots where each pore is. I tried several times with lots of different foundations and it was the same for me every single time. I use it now only on my cheeks and forehead and even my chest area. (I will get my money's worth. Lol) This comes in beautiful heavy packaging. But didn't work out for this oily gal.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairOther, Curly, Fine

3 years ago

I've exhausted all drugstore powders and they either break me out don't work at controlling my oily t zone or fall apart in my handbag (I'm looking at you rimmel stay matte) I got this when I saw it on offer and I have to be honest the packaging had me sold immediately it's so pretty! I don't usually impulse buy especially on a brand I would consider high end but I'm glad I did, it leave my skin looking matte for around 5-6 hours which double the amount of time other powders have worked for me, even when the oil starts to come through it doesn't look horrible immediately, I don't feel the need to run for my handbag and re apply powder or blot, I was worried when I saw the colour of the powder but it leaves no white cast on my face :) I really like this powder

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I have a very oily t zone and I live in the south... I put a lot of time into figuring out how to remain matte. This product has helped out with that a lot. I usually use Tarte's translucent setting powder. This product does seem to hold up a bit longer without shine, but I can't say by leaps and bounds. Just a bit. It's at the same price point though. The compact is nice. I believe I will repurchase when I run out of it. Update: definitely prefer Tarte's powder for shine control. The more I tested, the more Tarte came out on top. I have yet to try Laura Mercier or Kat Von D's powder, so I can't offer a comparison for those at this time.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Medium

EyesGray

3 years ago

This product is good but over rated. It did leave me with white marks and as a result I hardly use this anymore. It does have a good mattefying effect but not worth the white marks.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

I love everything about this product except...it broke me out pretty bad. SO disappointing. For reference, I have VERY acne-prone skin (If I blow my nose too much I break out) and VERY oily skin. Topical meds I take for the acne-prone make my skin even oilier. But I'll take being blemish free for more oil! So, I was obviously looking for a pressed powder to help combat that oil. This really did do a nice job. I was still oily using this, but I think it maybe reduced it a tad. No miracle worker though. I did like how it made my skin look as well. I know there probably won't be a powder anywhere to get rid of my oil so I don't fault it for that. I would have kept it and used it daily if it didn't break me out, so if you have good skin you'll probably like this. It didn't break me out in like blemishes all over, it gave me one ginormous blemish on my chin which a week later is still there. I could also feel more blemishes forming, but I stopped using it immediately. So overall, if you have decent skin you might like this. If you are very acne prone, it'll probably break you out. If you're very oily, it'll be something but not a miracle worker. I'm still on my difficult hunt for a pressed powder.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I have found my holy grail powder. It makes my face matte without making it look cakey and it stays matte for many hours. I have oily skin and even my very oily nose stays matte for at least 6 hours with this powder. And it's actually translucent, not like some powders that claim to be translucent and leave you with a white face.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

This is the first powder claiming to be 'mattifying' which has actually lived up to its promise. I definitely notice that my skin - especially my t-zone - is nowhere near as oily looking or feeling when I use this. But - be warned! You can definitely overdo this and use too much, giving you a glow that Casper the Friendly Ghost would envy. It has a slight lavender hue to it, so over-applying (by accident or on purpose) can end up making my skin look very sallow. For the price - £19.50 - it's definitely worth it in my opinion. You could easily spend that much on a selection of cheaper ones that make the same claims, but don't work. This one actually does what it claims to do and should last a while too, so the price for me is justified.

About reviewer (652 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

This powder is pure perfection! Look no further for another one. You get what you want: a long lasting, cakey-free, transparent powder that fights the oil in your face. This is my HG powder and I've tried alot. But they became cakey during layering/reapplying or didn't last long. With this one, you get the sweetest girly packaging ever for a powder. No wonder why it costs over 30. The mirror and a little sponge come as well, but the product is the most important thing. With this, I only need to touch up twice in a long night out in a club. Before that, I needed to reapply 10 times! Don't wait any longer, get this. Now!

About reviewer (188 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral