3.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

8 years ago

This was my second bb cream after trying out the one from Missha. I loved it! The application was smooth and flawless and lasted all day on my skin. Unfortunately, after months of use, my skin began to clog up in places I never had pimples before. I believe this was the culprit. I do think maybe one needs to cleanse and tone thoroughly to remove this from your face. And never ever sleep in your makeup!

About reviewer (184 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

This is my first ever review. I wasn't so sure about giving a review as I am such an amateur when it comes to beauty/makeup products. But! I can't believe this amazing product hasn't got higher ratings that it deserves! Let me start by saying that this is the one makeup product that I can't live without. I am so glad I found this BB cream a few years back and have been repurchasing since. I have fair/light Asian skin and used #1. Now that they have discontinued #1, I am using #2 and honestly I don't see much difference between the two shades. I can't say I have tried many different foundations myself, partly due to the reason that I would be very slow to move away from this amazing BB cream. I did use Missha perfect cover BB cream for a short while (due to recommendations by famous Asian beauty bloggers), and tried Giorgio Armani fluid foundation and Estee Lauder double wear light samples recently - they all felt so heavy on my face at the end of the day I just wanted to scrape them off! I think I'm so spoilt by the airiness of this BB cream now I can't use another 'real' foundation anymore. Coverage is not as sheer as some may think. I would say it has medium coverage. I apply a pea size amount on my face with my fingers, then dab on extra product for areas that I need extra coverage - yes! it doubles as a concealer as well. It's a cream formula so it moisturizes and smooths on very easily. Sometimes I use a concealer on top if the spots still show. It gives a very natural dewy look. Some of my friends actually think my skin is "naturally luminous" :) Lasting power is superb. I work long hours so this is a definite plus. It lasts 8+ hours for me in an office setting and my t-zone can get a bit shiny by the 8th hour mark in the summer days, but nothing a powder compact can't cure. I set it with powder in summer to delay the onset of oil in the t-zone area and wear it alone in winter. I am using it over a primer recently but find that the BB cream could perform just as well when it's worn alone. My only complaint is the packaging. The tube looks kind of cheap and the sides tend to break open when I am almost finished with the tube. I think skinfood can do better here considering it's not their cheapest product but definitely got one of the worst packaging. I have yet to try the good afternoon BB cream series so can't really compare, but I don't think I can ever find a foundation to top this. Please never discontinue this product. Your recent cancellation of #1 did give me a bit of a panic skinfood!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

8 years ago

About me: oily/combo/sensitive skin, NC20ish, yellow/beige undertones, no pink, maybe just a touch of peach. I use shade #1. PROS: Dries to a really lovely satin matte Doesn't need primer Stays matte for hours without powder or touch-ups, sometimes I think it gets even more matte as the day goes on Nice color match for my skin I like the natural, slightly grassy smell SPF Hasn't caused enlarged pores or breakouts Sanitary tube packaging Reasonably priced CONS: When I use my fingers to apply it goes on too heavy and looks shiny, it took me awhile to figure out how to wear it. (I use a fluffy blush brush, dot the product on my face, and blend.) Shades are limited. I can't imagine this working for very pale girls, or girls with very pink toned skin Overall, I would totally buy this again. It's a great product, and is my go to for everyday if I'm not sure what else to do. When the product came out of the tube, it looked too dark for me, and I was relieved I didn't buy shade #2. But, I think it goes on a little lighter than what it looks like straight out of the package. Undertones of the product are yellow/beige/peach. I'm not sure if it has any skin care benefits, but it certainly doesn't hurt. It would have gotten a five, but I took a lippie off for how heavy and greasy it looks when I use my fingers, and the limited shade range.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

I adore the smell. I wore it for just that reason alone regardless of the color mismatch.. I was a fine BB cream and it served me well while I owned it. Can't comment on the long-term effects as I gave it away due to it being a tad too pink. SPF could be higher as well. Overall - good but I've known better. Would not repurchase even if the color was spot on.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

8 years ago

One of my fav bb creams of all time. Doesn't feel oily. It's easy to apply. The packaging makes it rather travel-friendly. It's reasonably priced. Light coverage, but it's enough for me for daily usage. I don't normally put on much makeup.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I'm pretty happy with this BB cream. When I first got it in the mail, a load of oil came out when I opened the packaging, so make sure you shake the tube first just incase! #1 is very light (too light for me - NC20 for reference) with light yellow tones, #2 is pretty orangey and more for NC23/25 I think. It doesn't look or feel heavy on the skin, lasting power is at least 8 hours, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's probably the best BB cream I've tried, I just wish the colours were better as neither of them fit my skin. PROS: - Feels lightweight on the skin - Does not get oily on my skin throughout the day - Affordable - No breakouts - Lasts all day without touch-ups - Neither matte nor dewy finish...more like natural skin texture - Blends easily - Whitening ingredients CONS: - Limited colour selection - Very low SPF

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

8 years ago

This BB cream is the most long lasting BB ever in my list. I use it almost everyday for my acne prone skin. My skin easily to erupts acne or white head in a second, but this BB cream saves me a lot. Hides my reddish skin, not making my acne goes bad and even heal it after i wash it off at the end of the day. Now my skin is acne free or at least less acne on it, so I don't use this often unless i got red eruption on my face. The greyish shade is there like other BB cream, but not too grey compared to other BB cream I used to try IMO. The moisture is not annoying for my oily combination skin, harmless for my acne prone skin, and last long on my skin unless i wipe my skin over and over again with tissue, it stayed just fine till afternoon. Great product!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Olive

HairBrown

8 years ago

I absolutely love the coverage of the Skinfood Mushroom BB cream. Shade 2 is perfect for me. I am a NC25-30 girl. I am in for heavier coverage and I love how this bb cream does a good job to smooth out my face. But again, I usually have a primer/base on before any makeup. I find the scent very refreshing and alluring. As I have a combination skin, I would still need a little touchup maybe 4 hours later, but I am totally fine with it. Yes. yes. I will repurchase again when I am running low.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Fine

EyesBlack

8 years ago

This is a good bb cream for combo skin if you want something that leaves a semi matt natural finish and doesn't have full coverage. The finish is only slightly dewy but not shiny. After application it feels a little sticky so you may want to powder it. Without powder it lasted about two hours with out getting shiny and with my Inglot loose powder I had to blot after four hours. With little blotting it lasted about 8 hours on me, so to wear is pretty good. It has light to medium buildable coverage. I bought the shade #1 radiant skin and it does blend well on my NC15 skin but will most likely work better on NW15-20 skin. I'm not a fan of the smell, but luckily it does disappear after a while.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I bought both the Aloe and the Mushroom skinfoods BB creams ages ago on ebay. I only recently opened the mushroom one since the Aloe one lasted so long. I do not use these in the summer with a tan. I like them a lot. It's just the light coverage I need. Be warned that the light shade is really quite pale - this works great on my skin (NW15). I actually like the smell. Overall, I am very happy to find this product. 4 instead of 5 stars because there aren't too many color choices.

About reviewer (117 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool