L'Oreal Paris Renoviste Revitalift Anti-Aging Glycolic Peel

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/11/2011 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have the old version but since the first reviewer mentioned the new and old "versions" are identical, I am posting here. I bought this about 5 years ago and recently found it in the back of my cabinet. I was a bit wary of using it given how old it is but after 4 treatments I haven't had any issues.

This is the first peel I have used and I am pleased with it. My skin is very sensitive and acne-prone. There was some slight stinging when I first applied the peel solution, but it went away after a couple of seconds.

One night I left it on for an hour. The next day, the clogs in my pores were literally hanging out of my pores! It was pretty neat and unexpected. I used L'Oreal's microderm kit to even out my skin.

It makes my skin more glowy right away. I used it tonight and a few hours later rinsed my face in the shower. I noticed if I rubbed my face with my fingers, lots of dead skin came off, revealing new skin underneath (too graphic? lol). It made my skin very soft and perfectly smooth. My hyperpigmentation seemed a tiny bit lighter.

Update Apr 11.11 - I have finished the 8 peels in the kit. I find I can leave it on for as long as I want (even overnight) without a problem. I experience a bit of peeling for the next 3 days or so. I only wear makeup on the weekends so I would do this peel on Sunday nights.

This kit was fun to use. I do see it as sort of a novelty product though, since there are toners on the market with the same % of glycolic that you can use every day (eg Neostrata).

My Makeup Artists' Choice order arrived today so I will be moving on to more serious peels that you only leave on for 3 minutes or so. This kit by L'Oreal was a good introduction to chemical peels =)

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Great maintenance mini peel. I use this every other evening to keep my pores clean and cysts at bay. Once a week I use MUAC 30% glycolic peel.
It is great for fine wrinkles, minor breakouts and for brightening complexion. Will continue to purchase.

Love this stuff. As I don't have sensitive skin, I've just used this at night after washing and left it on till morning, ignoring the buffer solution that comes with it, and the postpeel sunscreen stuff (although that's a decent sunscreen for other times).

The peel is a clear gel, not sticky, comes in tiny plastic squeeze vials easy to travel with. Just make sure you're using a white pillowcase (actually nonwhite has been fine as long as it has completely dried). This doesn't dry out my skin but clears my pores and leaves it refreshed-looking.

on 7/19/2009 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I recently stumbled across this at my local Marshalls, and for only $7.99, I figured what the heck? I have large pores, mild acne, and blotchy skin. After the first use, my skin definitely looked brighter, my Bare Minerals foundation looked better, and my face also wasn't nearly as oily throughout the day as it usually gets. My skin still looks blotchy, but I'm hoping after a few more tries it starts to lighten. The tingling sensation was very mild, and I had no problems keeping this on for the five minutes that the instructions state. Overall, so far so good!

on 5/29/2009 9:09:00 AM

I have used this once since i purchased 2 weeks ago. I went to see a derm about 3 months ago, i wasnt sure what i needed for my dull skin. She told me a chemical peel that would cost $700.00!!! I picked this up for $13.00 with amazing results, the derm can wait another 10 years!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I bought this to add to my skincare regimen. I don't think I am quite at the point that I need medical office glycolic peels but I am always looking for a great way to refresh my skin. This was on sale at my local grocery store for 50% off, only about $13 so I picked it up.

The directions are so simple and the packaging is great. Everything is included, even cotton pads. I used it on my face and neck and waited the full 5 minutes. It tingled a bit and got warm but there wasn't any burning whatsoever. Then I used the neutralizer, rinsed my face and applied the moisturizer that is also included. I did notice upon the first use my skin was brighter, smooth, taut and overall very fresh and glowy looking. A few more uses and my skin was definitely and completely refreshed looking, my pores tight. Even my make up 'sat' better on my skin. It just looks healthy and vibrant - I love it!!

Super sensitive skin people may have a reaction to this but I highly recommend this product - definite repurchase!

on 4/26/2008 9:32:00 AM

I bought this product as a way to extend the results of an in-office peel and now I'm addicted to it. While it is not quite comparable to what you would get at a Dr.'s office, it does do a good job. Leaves skin very smooth and clear, and it's a nice alternative if your skin is too sensitive for a full strength peel.

on 4/2/2008 12:49:00 AM

This is identical to the original Renoviste glycolic peel. You sweep the peel solution over your face with a cotton pad and leave on for about ten-fifteen minutes and then use the neutralizer to sweep away all traces of the peel. This really resurfaces and leaves the skin looking and feeling very refreshed and renewed. You do have to apply this several times to see results, but this is a wonderful at-home treatment that is comparable to an in-office glycolic peel of the lowest strength. This is ideal for sensitive skin, since it is only a 10% solution, but you need more of these treatments to get the same results as a professional lunch time peel which is between 30-70%.