MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Holy Grail face powder! This powder is so finely milled its amazing, and a little bit goes such a long way. When I use this I find my face looks and feels smoother, and it keeps my foundation looking like I just applied it by the end of the night. I really love that this product doesn't make my face look powdered or matte, it gives such a natural finish and doesn't transfer at all.
Another thing that really impressed me with this product is that it truly was translucent, and didn't change the colour of my foundation or concealer at all. It also looks great in photos, and didn't give any white-cast when flash was used.
I originally got this product as a sample and have since purchased it twice, I'd definitely recommend testing it out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff has turned out pretty awesome, but it took me a good while to perfect how I apply it, and which foundations it settles into best. Definitely would recommend for someone who has a lot of experience with make up! I normally will apply this with a soft brush to areas where I highlight my face ( undereyes, cheekbones, bridge of nose, ect) since my skin is more on the tan side. I put a very very light amount on the rest of my face so it doesn't look too powdery or washed out. This has lasted me a pretty long time! My advice would be to definitely play around with it, and use a light amount. If I don't find anything cheaper that as just as finely milled as this, I'd buy again, maybe the smaller container though.

This is an absolute must have. I've had the same container (which is not cheap at all!) for about 4 years now and I don't think I'll run out for another year at least. It by no means makes me look totally matte all day but when I don't wear it, I am oily within 20 minutes. I blot every 2 or 3 hours and reapply this before going out at night with a big kabuki. It does the job and I'm sure if I used powder foundation instead of liquid, it would be almost perfect. Expensive, but worth it for the longevity. Great with the Mat Velvet foundation underneath, but I gave up on that one because of the price.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Bought a small version of it. I used this for baking and setting... Not my favourite. Sorry! Athough it rlly gives my face a flawless matte finish, when i take photos with flash or when natural light hits my face, i look like a ghost. :( maybe i applied incorrectly but i wont be buying the big pot. It did its job but not photo friendly.

This was one of the first powders I used. It did an okay job but I got oily after a few hours (I get really oily). The reason why I didn't like this product was, even when I didn't put a lot on, it would leave white areas on my nose and in photos it showed up.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was at Sephora a few weeks ago and I bought the MUFF Cult favorite set which included a sample size of this HD powder - and I LOVE IT!

Because it is a sample size I can't fit my large facebrush in it, but my setting brush for concealer fits it like a glove. And a little goes a long way!

pros
- sets my concealer to perfection (and the rest of my face on special occasions
- long lasting
- doesn't cake (when used sparsely)
- will last a very long time

cons
- clings a little to dry patches (remember to exfoliate)
- pricey

I will in a weeks time purchase the normal size (because it is on sale) and use it in my daily makeup routine... my little sample size will go in my makeup travel bag

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used NYX and ELF before I bought this product, so I can share the similarities and differences between these powders. All three products are finely milled silica, which is known to cause that ghostly appearance in flash photography. And believe me, all three do cause the washed out look with the MUFE looking less offensive than the other two because the particles are much smaller and less dense. That being said, MUFE is probably the better of the three to be caught in with flash photography if used sparingly. It's meant to be lightly dusted and it really does a great job mattifying oily skin with a small amount of powder. I use the large powder brush and gently dab it on my T-zone. Like all loose powders, this is messy to work with and shouldn't be moved around with too much. Although I think the packaging of MUFE makes it a little more travel friendly compared to NYX due to the better designed cap that prevents most of the powder from spilling. I choose to peel the paper slightly because it helps from over spilling. Instead I tap the top of the paper and some powder is dispensed for me to swirl the brush in. I would repurchase this powder again as it doesn't look cakey on me and it keeps my oily skin look matte.

Pros:
- lightweight matte powder
- suits most skin tones
- blends and blurs skin imperfections on camera (film)
- innovative packaging that dispenses product well
- velvet soft finish on skin
- little goes a long way
- sets under eye makeup beautifully (use very sparingly)

Cons:
- not good for makeup novices
- easy to use too much powder
- causes flash back if used excessively in one area or all over
- quite messy to work with
- pricy

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Never blends/goes away no matter how much you blend and buff and even with the smallest amount used. It always left dust on my face that just gets pushes around when I try to sweep it over your face. Also it smells like cat litter! No joke. I have to hold my breathe and fan it away with my hands every time I use it. The only pro about it is that the texture is silky smooth.

This powder to me is very much like Too Faced Primed Poreless Powder, but at a lower price (at least here in Sweden) and I love that! The powder is really light yet effective at keeping everything in its place and smudge free. It does not feel cakey, even if you re-apply it. It's a translucent powder so it fits every skin tone which is obviously a bonus for everyone.

I would absolutely recommend this powder to anyone, especially if you have trouble with make-up getting in the fine lines (for example under eyes) because that's what I told the lady at Sephora that I had a problem with and she recommended this one for me.
The best trick I have is to "PRESS" the powder on with a soft brush (especially underneath eyes), NO "rubbing" (!) as is often so easy to do when you "brush" on the powder. This technique is good especially if you want more cover and for me it makes the makeup last longer.

I give this powder 5/5 because it's the best but it ain't some miraculous fairy dust so you obviously may need to re-apply it if you sweat a lot.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh yes, everyone and their mother have been talking about it and...the hype is real! It must be my absolute favorite out of the three.

Formula & Application: this powder comes in a translucent universal shade which I find awesome (no hassle with them tones). The one I use comes in a loose powder formula; even though it gets messy and flies around - a big decently dense brush will solve the issue! You will notice though, HD Powder is very easy in application as if you put nothing at all on your skin. MUFE launched pressed version of same powder, so that might be a bag friendly option!

If you need more information before buying this powder and other MUFE HD products, below is a great blog post: