MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Holy Grail face powder! This powder is so finely milled its amazing, and a little bit goes such a long way. When I use this I find my face looks and feels smoother, and it keeps my foundation looking like I just applied it by the end of the night. I really love that this product doesn't make my face look powdered or matte, it gives such a natural finish and doesn't transfer at all.
Another thing that really impressed me with this product is that it truly was translucent, and didn't change the colour of my foundation or concealer at all. It also looks great in photos, and didn't give any white-cast when flash was used.
I originally got this product as a sample and have since purchased it twice, I'd definitely recommend testing it out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

There have to be better powders out there. It's fine, but...I'm holding out for something better. Why:

Bad:
This DEFINITELY breaks me out from time to time.
It does accentuate dry skin patches, so make sure you are gooood and moisturized.

The good:
It DOES WORK. I like to pat it into my lines and pores with my ring finger. They literally disappear -- especially my pores.

The whitish cast is real. I actually apply this under my makeup for that reason, to great effect.

This is fine, and I use it because A) I own it, and dammit, I'm gonna use it, and B) it gets the job done. But I think I may try IT Cosmetics next.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff has turned out pretty awesome, but it took me a good while to perfect how I apply it, and which foundations it settles into best. Definitely would recommend for someone who has a lot of experience with make up! I normally will apply this with a soft brush to areas where I highlight my face ( undereyes, cheekbones, bridge of nose, ect) since my skin is more on the tan side. I put a very very light amount on the rest of my face so it doesn't look too powdery or washed out. This has lasted me a pretty long time! My advice would be to definitely play around with it, and use a light amount. If I don't find anything cheaper that as just as finely milled as this, I'd buy again, maybe the smaller container though.

This is an absolute must have. I've had the same container (which is not cheap at all!) for about 4 years now and I don't think I'll run out for another year at least. It by no means makes me look totally matte all day but when I don't wear it, I am oily within 20 minutes. I blot every 2 or 3 hours and reapply this before going out at night with a big kabuki. It does the job and I'm sure if I used powder foundation instead of liquid, it would be almost perfect. Expensive, but worth it for the longevity. Great with the Mat Velvet foundation underneath, but I gave up on that one because of the price.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After seeing those pics of celebrities looking like Casper when their makeup artist went too far with the hd powder makes me apprehensive in the first place, but I was unimpressed with this. I used it all but wouldn't buy it again. I prefer my guerlain meteorites for a light powder/high sparkle finish; bare mineral veil spf 20 if I get thru makeup and realize I forgot sunscreen; Laura mercier as a general powder - that one is a real workhorse; MAC blot on oily days; and hourglass ambient in diffused light to set my concealer (HG - try it!). Although I'm fair the white seemed chalky. Didn't do anything special. Didn't see a blur effect and didn't prolong makeup wear or prevent shine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Major flashback, do not use if you intend to take pictures with flash. It did make my skin look very smooth and matte. It controlled my oil very well and it did a great job setting my makeup. Although there were many benefits from this setting powder I would not use it because I don't want to be worried about people taking pictures with flash and me ending up looking like a ghost. However, if you're not worried about the flashback I think it is a good enough setting powder.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Bought a small version of it. I used this for baking and setting... Not my favourite. Sorry! Athough it rlly gives my face a flawless matte finish, when i take photos with flash or when natural light hits my face, i look like a ghost. :( maybe i applied incorrectly but i wont be buying the big pot. It did its job but not photo friendly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had I know this came in a smaller size, I would have opted for that. I bought the full sized one 3-4 years ago and it's still nearly full! So while the price is steep, you get quite a bit of product. You should know, a little bit goes a long way with this powder! I don't use this all willy nilly like any other old setting powder because that'll definitely cause a white cast. In fact, I use a separate setting powder and use this as more of a finishing powder. It definitely has a blurring effect and gives that soft focused look. If I do get a little heavy handed though, nothing a little setting spray doesn't fix!

I purchased this because I wanted to give another setting powder a try. I also received a mini jar sample of this from Sephora. I put this on after foundation and took a flash photo and what do you know it makes me look like an ashy ghost. It feels super drying as well. I have yellow/neutral tones about an NC25 for reference, definitely not going to recommend this to my darker skintoned babes. Immediately returned the unopened box back to the store. I'm swearing off any setting powders with silica.

This was one of the first powders I used. It did an okay job but I got oily after a few hours (I get really oily). The reason why I didn't like this product was, even when I didn't put a lot on, it would leave white areas on my nose and in photos it showed up.