Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 19-24

3.9

100 silica

Bought this powder in Sephora because an employee recommended it for setting my under eye concealer. MISTAKE. I used a damp beauty blender to bake underneath my eyes and when I went to blend away the excess powder I was left looking like a ghost! It also has a very dry feeling to it. Would not recommend for setting the under eyes, but I do like it for an all-over setting powder for the face. Will definitely be going back to the Laura Mercier next time!

This product is a great setting powder for a special event or a night where you just want your makeup to look a bit better & to be set in place. I wouldn't say this powder stays on all day as I still feel I'm getting oily around 6 hours into wearing this powder. It does however leave such a lovely finish on the skin and doesn't look cakey. Great product for baking - however beware that if you take close up flash photos it can give you that white flashback on your face. This can't really be detected from a distance however when a photo is being taken, Just if its an up close photo. Overall a good product, does what it says on the tub. Slightly messy to use hence the low rating on that front but most loose powders are the same! Overall a good product.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Bought a small version of it. I used this for baking and setting... Not my favourite. Sorry! Athough it rlly gives my face a flawless matte finish, when i take photos with flash or when natural light hits my face, i look like a ghost. :( maybe i applied incorrectly but i wont be buying the big pot. It did its job but not photo friendly.

Loved it when I first used it because your skin literally glides after using it to set your foundation. I was actually sold when I tested it on my hand in Sephora. I was shocked (yes, shocked) at how velvety smooth my skin felt. However, I do find that it can make your makeup look thicker and cakier than it already is, especially if you are using a heavier foundation so my advice is to use it sparingly with a kabuki brush.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just FYI, I have the travel size. I LOVE this HD powder. It makes my skin flawless, oil free for however long I need it (and trust me, I put on make up as early as 6:30am and take it off as late as 10pm) However, I don't like how a brush cannot fit into the travel size one so it's hard to swirl around. It does have a scent that I don't really enjoy - but it goes away after you dust it onto your face so I can live with it. Love this.

Im not sure about the packacing because how tight I close it, its always a mess when I open and that makes me sad but definitely a useful and a making me wonderful product. I set my makeup and especially concealer with this powder and it never looks wrong.

This powder to me is very much like Too Faced Primed Poreless Powder, but at a lower price (at least here in Sweden) and I love that! The powder is really light yet effective at keeping everything in its place and smudge free. It does not feel cakey, even if you re-apply it. It's a translucent powder so it fits every skin tone which is obviously a bonus for everyone.

I would absolutely recommend this powder to anyone, especially if you have trouble with make-up getting in the fine lines (for example under eyes) because that's what I told the lady at Sephora that I had a problem with and she recommended this one for me.
The best trick I have is to "PRESS" the powder on with a soft brush (especially underneath eyes), NO "rubbing" (!) as is often so easy to do when you "brush" on the powder. This technique is good especially if you want more cover and for me it makes the makeup last longer.

I give this powder 5/5 because it's the best but it ain't some miraculous fairy dust so you obviously may need to re-apply it if you sweat a lot.

I only use this products in spring and summertime, since my skin is far too dry during the colder months. Oily skin isn't maybe the biggest problem of mine, but I like to swirl this on because it leaves your skin all soft and velvety ...a truly luxurious feeling.

This powder works fine but the pricing is absolutely ridiculous, considering how small amount the jar contains. Love the packaging though. No spill whatsoever:)

I love the powder it keeps me oil free all day long!! The powder is so fine that it really blends my makeup and it looks airbrushed on. The only problem is the packaging. There is no way to dispense the product without creating a mess!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Been using this powder for about 6 months and I'm truly obsessed! I use it quite heavily but there's still loads of it left in the jar. Totally worth the money. I use it after applying foundation, but before bronzer/blush. It's great for setting your under-eye concealer as well. It helps with smoothing out my visible pores and doesn't break me out at all.
Only downside I can see with this powder is that it isn't great at controlling oil. It doesn't allow you to become super oily, but maybe just a bit TOO dewy after a couple of hours. Other than that - really great product!! Will definitely repurchase as soon as I run out :)