The Body Shop Lipstick

The Body Shop Lipstick

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/16/2015 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't think I've ever rated anything as a one star, as I try to stay objective but this has managed. I scrounged to find good qualities but came up with nothing. But to be fair, I think it may have just been the shade I got (55). It just goes on so patchy, uneven, sheer, and generally unflattering. The texture was extremely hard, but somehow waxy which made it drag on the lips. Also, it lasted about one hour on the lips. I do not recommend, or at least I don't recommend shade 55.

I purchased this colour in the red, I love the colour! But the formula is what I do not like, I dislike the scent of the lipstick, it smells like a crayon. The lipstick itself is not moisturising, it dries out my lips within time. It also does not last very long, I think its lasts roughly an hour and then it starts to fade and I have to keep applying throughout the day which is a bit of a pain. Such a let down as I love the colour! Most likely wouldn't re purchase

To Read all 49 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/24/2014 6:54:00 AM

Really amazing, sits on lips as if it's natural!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hands down my HG nude. I'm brown skinned (diff tones depending on what time of yr) but basically light to med-brown (Indian descent), so this is my FINAL nude I will purchase (so I try to persuade myself lol). I've sooo many that I now keep half my collection in the fridge lol. I find I keep buying the same dang 'colors', just different brands lol...Anyhow, what I love about this paticular lipstick, is that it's not too creamy & slidy that it has no lasting power (like their crush line), so not too slick, yet not too stiff that it's like my Bobbi Brown lipstick that feels like Play-doh & heavy on the mouth. It's the perfect consistency & if I want to gloss it up, I simply apply their "Lipcare SPF 15 Vitamin E" stick over it, which I also adore. I love TBS products. Not as cheap as the Drug-Store, yet not as expensive as High-End. I bought this lipstick PLUS their SPF 15 chap-stick (or whatever they really call it) for only $14.25. They constantly have DEALS.

on 11/3/2013 9:57:00 AM

I bought no.14 . Too pink for me. Very moisturizing but didnt stay long on my lips. As i apply it, the lipstick is soft, it gets all over the sides.

on 6/2/2013 2:13:00 PM

Not a huge fan of this. I prefer lipstick with a more matte finish, this was very shiny and metallic, and didn't last all that long.

on 3/9/2013 10:01:00 PM

Goes on smooth, stays smooth and the colour lasts! It was more than what I expected when I initially brought this lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i have this in shade 06 and 54.

06 is a dark nude pink. it is not a light pink, more in the brown/mauve side. its smooth and is definitley not overpowering. the lasting power is pretty much the same as any lipstick... 2-3 hours without eating or drinking anything.

54 is a frosty light nudish pink. id use this if you have a dramatic eye. when i wiped it off there was shimmer, but i couldnt notice much shimmer on my lips. its smooth to apply and the lasting power is the same as 06.

the body shop is an underrated brand. ive tried some of their eyeshadows and theyre amazing. id definitley recommend these lipsticks to anyone and $12 isnt so bad for a higher end brand.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have this lipstick in shade 66 which is a coral orange. It is a flattering lipstick color for my complexion.

It goes on smooth like a lip balm but because of that, it only lasts as long as a lip balm. I need to reapply this frequently if I want to have color on my lips the whole time I'm out. It smells good and has a nice, slightly sweet lipstick taste. (I lick my lips a lot)

It has a sort of frosted finish to it. Kind of matte but kind of frosty or shimmery. I can see this being a problem for a woman who has a lot of fine lines around her lips or for anyone with chapped lips.

on 6/7/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because they had a shade I had been looking for a while... Definitely this brand has the worst makeup products :S This one is so dry, it's like trying to paint your lips with a crayon. Hated it.