Kryolan DERMACOLOR Camouflage Cream

Kryolan DERMACOLOR Camouflage Cream

4.3

Paraffinum Liquidum,(Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Candelila Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera(Candelila) Wax, Magnesium Myristate, Cetylpalmiate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Petrolatum, Carnauba (Copernicia cerifera( carnauba) wax), Tocopherol, Oleth-10, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [+/-Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Red 36, CI 12085, Cromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Cromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 7 CI 15850, Carmine CI 75470, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Red 40 Lake CI 16035, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Ferric Ferro Cyanid CI 77510, Red 21 Lake CI 45380, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Red 27 Lake CI 45410, Red 30 CI 73360, Mica] (EU seulement/only: CI 11680, CI 77120, CI 74160, CI 73015, CI 58000, CI 74260, CI 77266)

on 4/25/2016 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Yesssss. Heavy duty concealer, finally one that really covers stuff.
Kryolan to me is a brand that has this "experienced" vibe to it. When you make stage-makeup, you have to know your stuff, you have no excuses when you have to do sweaty dancer's and circus artists' makeup, it has to be good quality and staying power. I'm kinda like a Kryolan groupie and would repurchase their products again and again. They're cruelty-free, too.

pro:
- COVERAGE, COVERAGE, COVERAGE
- blends beautifully
- minimalistic packaging, no fuss or extra plastic that crowds up your makeup bag/ drawer

con:
- you have to like the somewhat prescription creme - like smell
- consistency is very stiff, you have to warm it up first

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yay finally found a concealer to cover tattoos!!!!

So I've been searching for a while to find something that can actually cover tattoos. I have a pretty big tattoo on my shin and calf area. Many times when I have auditions or go to casting calls. I need to have it covered. I've tried many products in the past. They all seem to not cover completely and this stuff actually works!

I add a little primer over the tattoo, add Dermacolor over the tattoo area.
I after spray a little aerosol hair spray over the Dermacolor. Then add NYX's Stay Matte Not Flat Powder over. Applied with a medium sized cotton powder puff. Last spritz with NYX's Stay Matte Finish Spray.

Stays on for hours and looks so natural you would never guess there's even a tattoo there.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

After much deliberation, i purchased this product and i can tell you that it is "stage makeup coverage perfection". I use this as a concealer to cover up the veins on my face and any zit spots.

pros: reasonable in terms of price, heavy, long lasting coverage. (this stuff can even cover up a tattoo when applied in layers). Actual product lasts long.

Cons: If not applied to a well moisturized or primed area, it can be cakey and crease. It may also leave an ashy effect. The packaging is ugly and looks like medication. The product is not readily available and it may take you contacting an agent or a product specific store. The actual container is made up of weak plastic, and breaks easily.

Over all, this product is amazing for some one who needs good coverage and is the holy grail of bridal make up

This product is great! I can match any skintone, cover all types of imperfections and mix it with Kryolan's Make up Blender for a more natural appearance (I even use it as a foundation sometimes).
It is long-lasting, lasts all day on my combination skin, when set with powder of course. It feels quite comfortable on the skin and has a mate finish.
It's definitely a must-have in every professional's kit!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

i have a mini pallette of all the shades available. i must say this is the BEST formula out there. easy to blend, easy to create custom colours for various skin tones. It stays all day and is waterproof. A must have for every makeup artist out there.

on 3/7/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I heard of this product from a YouTube beauty guru, and had to try it. I found a retailer in Chicago, about an hour away, and dragged my BFF with me. The sales associates were amazing, and I was sat down and color matched. The colors they selected for me were perfect - I purchased a color that matches my skin tone, and a lighter color for under my eyes. This concealer will cover anything, I swear.

It is a little stiff, and not as effective right out of the pan. Once warmed up, look out! You only need a small amount, and it blends beautifully. I have hyper-pigmentation, and broken capillaries on my face. My complexion does not require a heavy duty foundation, just a good concealer. And this stuff does the job + some. I was also surprised at how well it worked under my eyes. At 45, I have some fine lines and was afraid this would settle due to the thicker consistency. It absolutely doesn't, and looks flawless. I would advise being color matched, although I know there are not a lot of retailers around. It would be extremely difficult to choose the correct shade online. This is the best concealer around in my opinion, and I highly recommend it.

on 8/14/2014 5:09:00 AM

I ordered this years ago on-line and that company no longer carries Dermacolor. Yikes! I reaily do like it, certainly over Dermblend which I am now using two tubes for blending. All I use to set the Dermacolor is my basic loose powder or the setting powder from Dermablend with no problems either way (unless I'm wearing white). But, for the coverage, it last throughout the day until I scrub it off in the shower. I need HELP here, where may I purchase Dermacolor on-line? I'd appreciate it Dermacolor users (if it's ok with the guidelines) to share several on-line sites to make it equitable (not just one site). I have a bleeding/bruising disorder so my lower arms get the majority of bruising (looks like I've been in a wrestling match) and Dermacolor does the job. You're right, it would be way to thick for under the eyes. I use Hard Candy concealer with a primer for that. I hope someone can help me with some sources. Thanks!

Thanks to the reviews on MUA.com I found kyrolan. I've never heard of it before and only purchased it because it got better reviews than Dermablend and I found a kyrolan store in downtown Toronto!! I wanted to find a perfect match, even though I was leaning towards ordering a concealer palette to try online. The MUA matched my neck to D3 because it has yellow undertones. I wear MAC C30 in Studio Finish Powder Plus foundation and it's always been the perfect match over the years because of my cool olive undertones. I have a red raised scar on my neck and the scar itself isn't what bothers me as much as the redness. He applied it with a brush and blended it out with a damp sponge. It seems to work really well. It is thick and sticks onto scarred skin quite well. My other concealers weren't cutting it. I use my tried and true Cle de Peau for my face, but it doesn't work for my neck. It just doesn't have enough coverage or stickiness. The MUA also suggested not to use a finishing powder in the neck area because it will not blend smoothly and will look fake, so he suggested the finishing spray instead. It creates water resistant coverage with SPF 20. I also like that it doesn't have too much of a scent. The colour inside the jar does appear darker than when applied to the skin. I'm very glad I got colour matched so if I need a new jar I can order it online. Even with shipping it would cost the same as paying for parking downtown.

on 4/5/2014 2:14:00 PM

This is the ONLY cream that will cover my tracheotomy scar. Cannot be without.

Coverage: Full. Can be sheered down using kryolan makeup blend or other silicon based mixing medium

Finish: Matte

Oxidation: Very Low, some shades turn orangey.

Durability: 6 hours without primer, powder nor setting spray.

Shade: im between d4.5 - d5. I have to mix a little of 305 for a more olive/ochre tint.
shades with W have beige-pink undertones. d30 is an orange corrector. dredb is green corrector. d32 is cool red, supposedly for beard covering correction

Performance: Covers beautifully. I can say that this is a fine textured concealer with minimal settling and creasing. Multi-tasks as foundation when sheered with makeup blend. I customized my own palette by buying refills for a global range of skin color and correctors.

On the down side, it's just hard to work with initially because it is waxy in nature. Once warmed up, it will glide and cover over the discoloration perfectly. I have tried other camouflage/concealer systems from ben nye, graftobian (theater formula), mehron and judith august. Kryolan surpasses them all, this is very versatile and usable.

Also, i have some issues with it being itchy on some places. It also aggravates my acne prone skin, the way tv paint stick does.