Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Purple Potion

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.6

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This color is amazing. It takes two coats and a top coat. It is bright and shines. It is a good quality nail polish. It does not ship easily. It is part of my top ten colors. I find the color so pretty and stunning that I am thinking of doing a dress the same color.

This is a red-purple nail polish with blue duochrome; it's a beautiful colour for summer.
This is a 3-coater - the first coat goes on sheer with a magenta-like hue, but with two more coats the purple deepens and the blue duochrome is quite strong in direct sunlight! Definitely stunning :)
Now this is where I take marks off...
Application was fine; but in terms of durability it started getting dents and wearing off at the tips in a few hours
without a top coat. I definitely recommend a top coat with this polish if you want it to last longer. Drying time was a bit long, as I made the mistake of applying polish too soon, which caused it to shift :/

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The color is beautiful and unique, but there are a few problems. You have to use 2 coats which is no big deal, but it did not last long. After 2 days the tips of all my nails had worn away. By day 3 I had big chips in a few nails. Wouldn't buy again.

This is a very unique color that I picked up because it wasn't like any other purple I'd seen before. It's opaque in 2 coats, but it looks just as good, only different, when applied with only one coat. The brush is great! I can easily cover my nail with 3 swipes, and I have wide nails. It applies very smoothly as well. It's a great consistency that isn't too thin as to drip everywhere, and not too thick as to being impossible to work with. The thing that upsets me is that it takes quite a while to dry, and if it's not completely dry when you add another layer it slides. But I'm quite patient with nail polish, so this isn't that big of a deal.

This is an amazing purple! I was very surprised at the shade when I put it on and I'm very happy with it. Seems to have slight pink undertones and gives it a bit of a boost.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really do like this color. It is kind of a purple with a blue type sheen to it. I really think it is pretty, it can also look a little girly! So far that wear has been good as long as you apply a good top coat (I use seche vite) and it helps greatly! I will be repurchasing! It only cost me 42 cents!

I love the color it is very fun, however this started to fade at the edges very early. I wouldn't call it chipping but the tops of my nails started to lose a little strip of polish after about 2 days. the price was great though, only $2 at wal mart.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This nail polish takes too long to dry for my tastes, especially since you usually need two coats for a vibrant color. If you have the time though, the color is definately rewarding, and lasts up to a week, even without a top coat. I have already bought Xtreme Wear in two other colors, because they are so intense and out of the ordinary. Good value for that price too.

I love the SH's Xtreme Wear formula, they really do wear well. Purple Potion was a long time lemming of time. I wanted a color that matched the purple in a Hawaiian Orchid lei, and this is it, perfectly. It's a gorgeous summer pedi shade, for sure.

Popular Polishes