4.1

price range

Reviews

1.0

8 months ago

This is a cheap sugar based scrub/mask. I got this as a sample. This contains harsh sugar granules in a brown colored base. Contains lanolin, shea butter and macadamia oil. So this is not for those with oily skin or acne. There was nothing about this product that I liked. The sugar granules are too harsh to be used on the face and there was no way I was leaving this oily product on my combination skin. Has a light scent.

About reviewer (3102 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

a year ago

This is one of the very few Skinfood products that I actually like (and believe me when I say I've tried most of them!). Price point is fantastic, I rarely have to pay anywhere near the kind of dollars I regularly fork out on French or U.S brands' products. Also, Skinfood tend to do lots of sample sizes - all readily available online, meaning you can affordably try out their products without breaking the bank. And for me, the best part of trying out these sample sizes is to discover that this one right here is a keeper!  Yes I was expecting it to be harsh like a granular scrub but the sugar particles are very fine. I used this every other day on a morning, sometimes just using as a scrub and other times (depending upon my schedule) left on for 10 minutes, even 30 minutes once as I actually forgot I had it on. But no biggie it's pretty natural and had no detrimental effects regardless of the amount of time it was left on. What I did see though was a smoother and more glowing complexion. Especially on a couple of flaky patches that have recently appeared on my forehead it seems to have really helped reduce that and clear my skin.  The only thing preventing me from giving it a 5 lippie rating is that it is quite a basic formulation which I feel could have done with some more botanicals, particularly brightening ones for an even better effect, not that it isn't good already, but just to give it that extra oomph. But then I guess that would have made for a more pricey product for us the end consumers. Perhaps best left as it is in that case! Repurchase for sure.  Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

a year ago

I have no complains about this mask. It acts as a good scrub and clears the pores. I don’t rub it on my fAce too hard as the granules are reAlly tough. However I’m just not wow-Ed by it. I’m not too sure if it’s the smell or the texture or the general product doesn’t seem that complicated to me. I wouldn’t repurchase

About reviewer (210 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0
from

a year ago

I must be the only one who isn't blown away by this product. I had wanted to try it for so long, but didn't want to order online, most of the Skinfood shops near me have closed down and their Facebook page didn't respond to my question about which outlets sell it. Some pharmacies here carry a very small range. I was so surprised to go to a different shopping centre and accidentally spot a Skinfood store! Without hesitation I bought this scrub and mask in one. Prior to this I made my own with brown sugar, honey and a tiny bit of olive oil, or brown sugar and yoghurt- depending on what I had at home at the time. I couldn't wait to get home and try it but found it quite underwhelming. Firstly the fake smell is horrible. It smells like a cheap toilet air freshener, a mix between lemon and lavender. It's horrible. Not at all what I expected. Minus the smell It works well as a scrub, and ok as a mask but no better than my own home made scrubs and masks do, and they don't smell anywhere near as bad! On the plus side you only need a tiny bit of product so it should last forever, but for the 35RM this little tub cost me I could have made a couple of kilos of my own recipe! Definitely won't be repurchasing as I hate the air freshener smell it has.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

Would have preferred this in a tube for hygiene purpose. I was always skeptical of this product although it was highly raved. The product packaging makes it look like it’s just a fun fad. Fortunately this is not the case . It is a very gentle manual exfoliator. Depending on your skin condition , you may wish to mix it with less or more water to make it more gentle. The scent is nice too and it has not led to irritations etc ( some scrubs do). I use it once every 2 days and enjoy the scent very much. It is also non drying. I can leave it on the face as a face mask and wash off or wash off immediately . Natural ingredients too

About reviewer (541 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

I got a sample of this in an ipsy bag and i absolutely loved it. I dont know what the usually package and price is, but the quality of the product was amazing. It was probably my favorite skincare product I have ever used in my life. It smelt amazing and left my skin so soft and smooth. I would defiantly recommend this.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I bought this one two years ago. I truly loves this make and will recommend it to everyone. I don't use it every day so it lasts me a pretty long time. it is not harsh on my skin either. I really enjoy it.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

Absolutely love this product! I have super oily skin and have been using the daily microfoliant alongside the derma clay cleanser and active moist moisturiser and love the results! I am beginning to break out again now (which is totally normal!) so am excited to see the results in a few months time when it clears again!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBrown

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I've been using the it for a few months now, and I absolutely love it! It's perfect for daily use as it's not too harsh and my skin feels refreshed.. and as you only need a little bit, it has lasted me nearly six months.. and I've still got tons left in it! I will definitely be buying this product again.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Love this. It's a very gentle exfoliater that can be used daily. I love using this at night because it removes ALL of my makeup, and doesn't break me out. It's dirt cheap, and lasts a long time.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other