L'Oreal Vive Pro Glossy Volume, Fine Hair

No Image

2.5

on 4/29/2009 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been on a reviewing spree today so here goes another one. I really do like this conditioner, but it is nothing special. I really have given up on anything that claims to make my hair voluminous or glossy, yet I still seem to get sucked in by these claims. Who wouldn't want glossy, voluminous hair all wrapped up in a hot pink bottle? I have very thick and fine hair at the same time...well better to say a whole lot of fine hair. Most conditioners that promise not to weigh my hair down don't but they don't condition it either. This one does not make it greasy like the shampoo does and it does not weigh it down, all while providing a decent amount of conditioning. I usually use Redken All soft but on days I want to put the velcro rollers in (and get some volume for 15 minutes) I use this stuff. It's definitely less heavy than all soft but doesn't do anything miraculous. I will continue to use this throughout the summer or until it's gone and try something else in hopes it will actually give me volume. Here's hoping!

on 3/11/2008 9:08:00 PM

I looove the L'Oreal Nutri Gloss conditioner, so I figured I'd try this since I have really fine hair that could use a boost of volume. I expected this to be similar to the Nutri Gloss, but with added volume.
My main point: this conditioner made me break-out all along my hairline!! It was really all of a sudden, as soon as I switched conditioners. I think it's the palm oil (see ingredients list below), but I'm not positive. That was the main difference in ingredients between this and the Nutri Gloss.
It definitely made my hair "glossy" and healthy-looking, but didn't add much volume. I think it was still too heavy and weighed it down (despite what they claimed!). The biggest difference in my hair was the smell. This conditioner has a lot more perfume added and the smell lingers all day. Overall not bad, but sometimes that can be annoying.
But because of the break-outs, I switched right back to my favorite Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Shampoo for medium to long hair that is damaged. My skin is back to normal.

Ingredients:

Water - Aqua , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-180 , Myristyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Isopropyl Dimethylamine , Isopropyl Myristate , Fragrance - Parfum , Cetrimonium Chloride , Hydroxypropyl Starch , Phosphate , Methylparaben , Cetyl Esters , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone , Palm Oil - Elaeis Guineensis , Citric Acid , Hexyl Cinnamal , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Benzyl Salicylate , BHT , Poloxamer 407 , Dodecene , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Linalool , Hydroxycitronellal