Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil Treatment

Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil Treatment
Moroccan Oil TreatmentMoroccan Oil Treatment

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 9/28/2018 3:51:00 PM

Terrible product, full of silicone. I threw it away very quickly

on 9/28/2018 8:38:00 AM

After reading about how bad silicones were, I eschewed Moroccan Oil for more than a year, using all kinds of other top-shelf products (Oribe, Davines...). They were adequate -- my hair became more fly-away, and breakable at the ends. A couple of weeks ago I received the Bluemercury anniversary gift bag and it included a little Moroccan Oil bottle. I thought -- if among all these good, high-end products there is a Moroccan Oil, surely it must be good. If it were as bad as some people think, it would have died a death a long time ago from no one repurchasing.

So I used it again, after a long time, and my hair suddenly felt and looked a lot better. Maybe a silicone coating is what I need. My hair is fine, naturally blonde, virgin. My biggest hair bugaboo is breakage. While I have tried both olive oil and coconut oil for softening and conditioning my ends, these were both experimental disasters.

Yes, MO is expensive when you buy a bottle, but it lasts. And the packaging is simple: a bottle. A pump is always in my large bottle packages. But I just pour a little into a plastic sample MO bottle and keep that on the bathroom shelf.

on 9/27/2018 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

When I worked in a salon and this product line first came out... it was amazing! The smell, the silkiness after a good blowout and flat iron... hair everywhere was bouncy and shiny and the salon smelled amazing! We were selling so many bottles of it and us hair dressers always had our small 2oz bottles tucked away in our aprons- you could not have this out as everyone else would "borrow" it. It was like we struck gold!

Over the years though, I really think they changed to formula. I wish I stocked up on this years ago because the formula now is nothing like what it used to be. Bring the original back please!

on 9/24/2018 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Read the ingredients!!! It consists of silicones! The same quality as pantene. Don’t be fooled by clever marketing, this product will do nothing for your hair, it will only cause severe buildup and silicone damage. Stick to oils that contain actual oils such as Kerastase Elixir Ultime.

I've purchased this multiple times and always come back to it because my hair loves argan oil. My hair is very long, wavy, dry, with frizz during the Summer. Or depending on humidity it can get very unruley in general. I have the big bottle (6oz) and I have that because I use it almost everyday or when I wash my hair. It leaves my hair so soft and smooth. It also cuts my drying time in half.

My waves are defined not frizzy when I brush my hair. On top of that it makes my hair so soft and shiny. I love argan oil it really works for my hair. I've used all kinds of brands but I always come back to this because it just works. I find buying the bigger bottle for me lasts longer. Since you only need a small amount I think it's a good deal. Definitely a repurchase for me.

on 8/11/2018 11:33:00 PM

I'm on the fence with this one. When I first purchased it I absolutely fell in love. It made my hair feel soft and silky, but after 30 minutes it becomes a frizzy mess. I wanted to use this to tame my baby hairs but in the end it made my fine thin hair look stringy and ugly like I hadn't washed my hair in several days. Yuck! No one wants that look. Not cute at all. Even though I barely dab into the product and rub it between my hands and it still looks like it's been drenched in oil. I thought I had initially found my HG hair treatment but it's been rather disappointing. I guess it just doesn't like my hair but I have heard it working wonders for others. I will be trying the Argan oil instead to see if iI get better results. The price isn't bad. While the bottle is small it lasted about 8 months since you only need to use very little product. I wouldn't necessarily recommend against it but everyone's hair is different so what may not work for me may work for you.

on 7/31/2018 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The first time I used Moroccan Oil..I was in love...my hair looked fantastic...thick and tamed (I have frizzy hair). But when I washed it...it was like the silicones had sealed off the cuticle and after the wash..my hair was rough strangly and unmanageable

Then I purchased pure Argan oil...nothing like it! Hair is soft manageable and silky (thats an achievement for someone with dry frizzy colored hair)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Does Moroccan oil smell good? Yes!
Does it make my hair feel good? Absolutely!

...So then why would I not buy it again?

Well, as someone who's increasingly turning to natural and organic (food & hair/skincare), I can't justify using this with the amount of 'feel-good' silicones in here (the main 3 ingredients). In the long run 'cones are not good for your hair as they seal the cuticles and prevent moisture from entering. So maybe the Argan oil in this will help, right? Nope unfortunately, there isn't enough of it in here to make a difference (5th ingredient down).

Better buying your own Argan oil (making sure it's from a reputable supplier) or using M.Oil just on the odd special occasion (as admittedly I still do!). Or better still use something that'll actually make a difference to your hair in the long run so that 'hair cosmetics' aren't required any longer!

Love the cute M.Oil bottle. Just a shame about the not-so-natural ingredients. Probably won't be a repurchase for me..

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/13/2018 2:58:00 AM

Pros , eh

Cons
Smells like cologne
Packaging sucks, you have to pour it out, no pump
Not detangling
Dont feel like it does much for my hair

Will not repurchase

on 6/25/2018 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to try this oil for a long time since everyone seems to love it so much. I've been using it for three months now and I just don't get it. Yes, it does smell good and it makes my hair softer and shinier, but I see no difference in its overall condition over time, and I do expect a difference from a product that has the word "treatment" attached to it, and especially with that price. For me, this is more of a styling product than treatment. I've achieved the same results with oils that are half the price.