Moroccanoil Morrocan Oil Treatment

Moroccanoil Morrocan Oil Treatment
Morrocan Oil TreatmentMorrocan Oil Treatment

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 11/12/2017 10:26:00 AM

Musthave for my dry thick asian hair! This oil is my holy grail. Sometimes I try another oil because of the price but always come back to this one!!

on 10/10/2017 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My hairdresser gave me a bottle of this years ago. Being a fan of hair oil not impressed with product or price. If you are getting greasy hair you are using too much. A few DROPS rub palms together and rub down length of hair. Brush through strands with boars hair brush. Should not be greasy. I use other lighter oils now almond or jojoba or similar almost always before a blow dry. Blonde bsl highlights can get dry ends. Oils save my hair. Clarify and I avoid all dry shampoos. If you are in love with this check out night blooming on Etsy for better options.

on 10/9/2017 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Truly one of the worst products I have tried in a long time. Bless you whatever store gave me this as a sample. I have thin, fine hair and had trashed it using drying shampoo and conditioner. I was hoping for some smoothness and shine. What I got was a greasy, stringy mess.

I usually go about 3-4 days without washing my hair but I had to scrub this out the next day.

on 10/9/2017 11:43:00 PM

I love this stuff. I got a perm n my hair basically got fried this was the only treatment I used trying to bring my hair back to where it had been — and would not be without this stuff! It made my hair soft n helped with the dry ends n has shine but not greasy at all. This is my go to conditioner after I shampoo LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

on 6/26/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

As a person with natural spiral curly/ringlet hair I can say that this is the BEST product out there to control dry frizzy hair! It NEVER makes my hair look greasy or dirty, NEVER. It gives my hair intense shine, lustre, keeps curl intact controlling frizzies and feels sooo soft. As a person who struggles with dry frizzies I have never seen a hair product address these issues more than Moroccan Oil. It is my holy grail of hair products. Yes it is pricey but you only need small amount [less than a capful or a cpl squirts is enough for my medium length hair when wet] per use therefore it lasts a long long time. It does have a strong scent (which I do like very much) but can be intense for those who are scentsitive. It doesn't leave my hands feeling slick after application. I just love this product, been using it for years and plan to use it for many more. *fingers crossed* the formulation never changes. Strongly recommended, it is an exceptional hair product for those who struggle with dry curly hair. Will always repurchase this product...a staple in my hair arsenal.

on 8/10/2017 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Back when I first was learning to really style my hair properly, so I could try and get those salon-like results I paid big bucks for and loved, this was one of my HG's. Now I'm working through my final bottle, using it very infrequently and trying to use it up instead of wasting it. I've got a third of a 0.85 FL OZ bottle left to go, and it'll probably take me a while to use it up.

It's a product that I now use if I need some quick shine, or I might work a little bit in if I have a limited amount of time to dry and style my hair. Basically, it's kind of a bandaid and quick fix.

This product does coat your hair with silicone (the first two ingredients are cyclomethicone and dimethicone), which is nothing shocking. I never read the labels back then, so I always assumed that a product named Moroccan oil was...oil. This lead me down the path of discovery to clarifying shampoos, which I honestly knew nothing about, what they did, or why they were needed. This wasn't really a problem, just a change from how I'd cared for my hair as a teen who didn't give a crap about anything. I got decent results. My hair was smooth, shiney, straight, and didn't feel dry. That was a win!

I stopped using this maybe 4 years back, when curly girl was becoming a big thing and silicones and sulfates were evil. I have curly/wavy hair, so I stopped using this and other products with silicones, tried the sulfate free approach, and attempted the curly girl route for a bit, but never had much luck. Actually, some days I looked a complete mess; some days were bad, BAD hair days. I'm back to silicones now. My hair just looks and feels better. As long as I balance clarifying washes, hair masks, heat, and scalp care, I'm in good shape.

I never went back to this product. Not like before. Like I mentioned above, I use it on occassion and am trying to use up the bottle, but that is it. I wouldn't recommend it. Looking back, the results I got were pretty limp and deflated looking. I have a lot of hair, but extreme straightening and weighing it down with a product like this wasn't the best look for me.

It's very heavy. You can see and feel that in your hair, but also when you've just got some product in your hands. I never was able to balance getting just enough but not getting too much of this product. I think that is the real key here. It's far too easy to use too much, which means more clarifying, more drying, more masks to compensate, etc. I've found better silicone containing products to use if I want to smooth my hair cuticules a bit.

Now to the other stuff: The bottle is fine, but can get very slippery if the product leaks. I had that happen once, my hands and the bottle were so slippery I didn't get the cap on all the way and I lost 70% or what was in the bottle. I literally cried. It seemed like liquid gold at the time, and I was a college kid, making subminimum wage and was having to pay things like bills for the first time in life. I want to say I spent over $30 on it at the time, but it looks like now the same sized bottle runs about $15. Now that I think about it, that's probably why I'm still trying to use up less than 0.25 FL OZ of it.

The smell is fine. I'm bad at describing smells, so I won't try beyond saying it smells a little sweet without being overly so.

So overall:
It's okay. It will smooth and tame frizz, give some shine and speed up drying time, but there are so many better options out there that I say skip it. I'm really torn between 3 and 4 lippies here. I'll go 4 because really YMMV.

on 6/1/2017 2:47:00 PM

Moroccanoil is an okay silicone serum- adds manageability, tames frizz, provides heat protection. But it's nothing special and there are SO many similar products out there. I use this by adding a small amount to my damp hair before blow-drying.

Definitely not a horrible product, but it's not amazing either. I much prefer L'anza Keratin Healing Oil. I would also recommend Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum or Garnier Sleek and Shine over this. All of which are cheaper products, by the way. Moroccanoil is $34 for a 1.7oz bottle! I'm sorry but that is insane. For that amount of money I expect a bona fide miracle in a bottle, and this is not.

For reference I have thick wavy-texture color-treated hair that I heat-style regularly. I'm always looking for good leave-in products, but based on the price I'm going to pass on this one.

Wouldn't buy it again.

on 5/10/2017 7:02:00 AM

The reason this works unlike any others is the color. The slight Amber color is what makes blondes blonder and dark hair glossy also. You won't get the results from a clear product. It's science, nothing more. Also if your hair is greasy use 1/2 of what you used and it won't be. It's the perfect hair product.

I have veery dry hair so my Aunt bought this for me. She buys me a lot of oils to try and help with my hair. It smells lovely (Very sweet and a bit coconut-like) and it really helps with dry hair. I do get a little bit of headache from the strong smell because I am sensitive to smells though.

on 1/29/2017 4:02:00 AM

I really enjoy this oil and the smell of it ! I use it before blowdrying and sometimes after, it adds moisture to the hair and make it more manageable. My hair feels and smells amazing after using this. The price is good because it lasts a really long time, I have the 25ml size and it lasts 1 year and a half as long as I use it everytime I style my hair.