Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil Treatment

Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil Treatment
Moroccan Oil TreatmentMoroccan Oil TreatmentMoroccan Oil Treatment

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 3/13/2019 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have very curly hair. After I wash my hair I put a nickle size drop on my hair of 100% pure argan oil. (No other ingredients, just the oil.) It is the only oil I have tried that absorbs into my hair. Then I put moroccan oil on. This makes my hair soft and relaxes the curl. My hair texture would be like straw if I did not use these 2 things.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't like this as much as I thought I would. It kind of weighs my hair down and doesnt smell as good as some other oils I've tried.

I'm finally getting around to review the MoroccanOil Treatment. The Moroccan Oil Treatment oil has been around for quite a while, and I've been using it almost as long. The MoroccanOil does a nice job of giving hair some added hydration without making hair look greasy or oily. One or two pumps is all I need for my hair, and a little oil goes a long way. I usually apply this to my hair when it is damp. You can apply it that way, or you can also use this oil on dry hair to tame flyaways and give hair a smooth surface. For such a short ingredient list, the MoroccanOil Treatment has impressed me and continues to do so every day I use it. My more detailed review video can be seen here:

on 1/24/2019 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Brand: Moraccanoil.
This is a multi-use hair treatment with argan oil. It is silicone based. Good for detangling and aids in decreasing blow dry time. Pleasant scent. Not heavy or greasy. Good for hair that has been color treated. I find there are similar products which cost less. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

There's far too many silicones in here (the main 3 ingredients) for me to be able to recommend this to anyone or use it long-term. In the long run most silicones are not good for your hair as they seal the cuticles and prevent moisture from entering. So maybe the Argan oil in this will help? Nope unfortunately, I seriously doubt there's anywhere enough of it in here to make any difference (5th ingredient down).

You're better off buying your own pure Argan oil (making sure it's from a reputable supplier) or using M.Oil just on the odd special occasion (as admittedly I still do!). Or better still use something that'll actually make a difference to your hair in the long run so that 'hair cosmetics' aren't required any longer!

Love the cute M.Oil bottle. Very much liking the frizz-taming and conditioning effects of this on my medium-thick shoulder length hair (however temporary they might be) and the lovely although artificial fragrance which lingers in my hair throughout the day. Just a shame about the not-so-natural ingredients. Probably won't be a repurchase for me.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 12/19/2018 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for years and even when I try other products I always stray back. I recognize it's not a treatment, meaning your hair isn't going to be better off in the long run for using it. But the short term effect is really good, which surprises me because I have fine hair that's naturally prone to oiliness and getting weighed down. I use slightly more than a pea sized amount on damp hair, closer to the ends. As a result my hair looks smoother, less prone to flyaways, and overall slightly healthier. Using too much (whatever that means for your hair type) will definitely lead to a coated, greasy feeling. My stylist believes it's hype and that the ingredients aren't really good for your hair, or at least that there are better products out there, but I think I'm too hooked to stop.

on 12/5/2018 2:22:00 PM

Does nothing for my hair. Makes the ends sticky & crunchy.

on 9/28/2018 3:51:00 PM

Terrible product, full of silicone. I threw it away very quickly

on 9/28/2018 8:38:00 AM

After reading about how bad silicones were, I eschewed Moroccan Oil for more than a year, using all kinds of other top-shelf products (Oribe, Davines...). They were adequate -- my hair became more fly-away, and breakable at the ends. A couple of weeks ago I received the Bluemercury anniversary gift bag and it included a little Moroccan Oil bottle. I thought -- if among all these good, high-end products there is a Moroccan Oil, surely it must be good. If it were as bad as some people think, it would have died a death a long time ago from no one repurchasing.

So I used it again, after a long time, and my hair suddenly felt and looked a lot better. Maybe a silicone coating is what I need. My hair is fine, naturally blonde, virgin. My biggest hair bugaboo is breakage. While I have tried both olive oil and coconut oil for softening and conditioning my ends, these were both experimental disasters.

Yes, MO is expensive when you buy a bottle, but it lasts. And the packaging is simple: a bottle. A pump is always in my large bottle packages. But I just pour a little into a plastic sample MO bottle and keep that on the bathroom shelf.

on 9/27/2018 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

When I worked in a salon and this product line first came out... it was amazing! The smell, the silkiness after a good blowout and flat iron... hair everywhere was bouncy and shiny and the salon smelled amazing! We were selling so many bottles of it and us hair dressers always had our small 2oz bottles tucked away in our aprons- you could not have this out as everyone else would "borrow" it. It was like we struck gold!

Over the years though, I really think they changed to formula. I wish I stocked up on this years ago because the formula now is nothing like what it used to be. Bring the original back please!