Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil Treatment

Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil Treatment
Moroccan Oil TreatmentMoroccan Oil Treatment

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 3/24/2018 6:35:00 PM

Somehow the oil seeped through the cap? Maybe I had it for too long. Either way, I used it a couple of times at the ends of my hair and it was still too greasy for me. My hair is probably not the right texture for it. I really love the dry shampoo, though.

on 3/16/2018 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This gets 2 stars because it smells AMAZING
seriously..it's like my favorite scent

however it does absolutely nothing for my hair.

would not buy again

on 3/12/2018 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've never had much luck with hair oils but I got a travel size of this as a GWP so I gave it a try and my 3b curls LOVED it. They're usually dry and unruly, prone to frizz and tangles, but this (applied to wet hair) leaves them soft, controlled, and manageable. A little goes a long way. A little pricey but considering how much money I spend on haircare that doesn't perform as well, I consider it a good value and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Has my hair is part Afro, my hair consistently needs to be moisturised, so I used a generous amount of the Moroccanoil treatment and ran it through my hair. Afro-Caribbean hair needs to be immersed in moisture to avoid breakage and damage. The oil will leave a bit of residue on your hand, which can easily be washed off. I left my hair to air dry and take natural form for about 30 minutes, before running a hair dryer over my hair, to take out the excess moisture from the roots. Moroccanoil state that this product should be used as ‘A styling, finishing and conditioning product for all hair types. Moroccanoil Treatment is an ultra-light formula which is absorbed by the hair instantly, resulting in a natural, silky finish and brilliant shine without leaving a residue. Moroccanoil Treatment has the ability to restore over-processed hair damaged by environmental factors and chemical procedures.’

on 11/27/2017 9:53:00 AM

Really good product gives you nice glow

on 11/12/2017 10:26:00 AM

Musthave for my dry thick asian hair! This oil is my holy grail. Sometimes I try another oil because of the price but always come back to this one!!

on 10/10/2017 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My hairdresser gave me a bottle of this years ago. Being a fan of hair oil not impressed with product or price. If you are getting greasy hair you are using too much. A few DROPS rub palms together and rub down length of hair. Brush through strands with boars hair brush. Should not be greasy. I use other lighter oils now almond or jojoba or similar almost always before a blow dry. Blonde bsl highlights can get dry ends. Oils save my hair. Clarify and I avoid all dry shampoos. If you are in love with this check out night blooming on Etsy for better options.

on 10/9/2017 11:43:00 PM

I love this stuff. I got a perm n my hair basically got fried this was the only treatment I used trying to bring my hair back to where it had been — and would not be without this stuff! It made my hair soft n helped with the dry ends n has shine but not greasy at all. This is my go to conditioner after I shampoo LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

on 10/9/2017 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Truly one of the worst products I have tried in a long time. Bless you whatever store gave me this as a sample. I have thin, fine hair and had trashed it using drying shampoo and conditioner. I was hoping for some smoothness and shine. What I got was a greasy, stringy mess.

I usually go about 3-4 days without washing my hair but I had to scrub this out the next day.

on 8/10/2017 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Back when I first was learning to really style my hair properly, so I could try and get those salon-like results I paid big bucks for and loved, this was one of my HG's. Now I'm working through my final bottle, using it very infrequently and trying to use it up instead of wasting it. I've got a third of a 0.85 FL OZ bottle left to go, and it'll probably take me a while to use it up.

It's a product that I now use if I need some quick shine, or I might work a little bit in if I have a limited amount of time to dry and style my hair. Basically, it's kind of a bandaid and quick fix.

This product does coat your hair with silicone (the first two ingredients are cyclomethicone and dimethicone), which is nothing shocking. I never read the labels back then, so I always assumed that a product named Moroccan oil was...oil. This lead me down the path of discovery to clarifying shampoos, which I honestly knew nothing about, what they did, or why they were needed. This wasn't really a problem, just a change from how I'd cared for my hair as a teen who didn't give a crap about anything. I got decent results. My hair was smooth, shiney, straight, and didn't feel dry. That was a win!

I stopped using this maybe 4 years back, when curly girl was becoming a big thing and silicones and sulfates were evil. I have curly/wavy hair, so I stopped using this and other products with silicones, tried the sulfate free approach, and attempted the curly girl route for a bit, but never had much luck. Actually, some days I looked a complete mess; some days were bad, BAD hair days. I'm back to silicones now. My hair just looks and feels better. As long as I balance clarifying washes, hair masks, heat, and scalp care, I'm in good shape.

I never went back to this product. Not like before. Like I mentioned above, I use it on occassion and am trying to use up the bottle, but that is it. I wouldn't recommend it. Looking back, the results I got were pretty limp and deflated looking. I have a lot of hair, but extreme straightening and weighing it down with a product like this wasn't the best look for me.

It's very heavy. You can see and feel that in your hair, but also when you've just got some product in your hands. I never was able to balance getting just enough but not getting too much of this product. I think that is the real key here. It's far too easy to use too much, which means more clarifying, more drying, more masks to compensate, etc. I've found better silicone containing products to use if I want to smooth my hair cuticules a bit.

Now to the other stuff: The bottle is fine, but can get very slippery if the product leaks. I had that happen once, my hands and the bottle were so slippery I didn't get the cap on all the way and I lost 70% or what was in the bottle. I literally cried. It seemed like liquid gold at the time, and I was a college kid, making subminimum wage and was having to pay things like bills for the first time in life. I want to say I spent over $30 on it at the time, but it looks like now the same sized bottle runs about $15. Now that I think about it, that's probably why I'm still trying to use up less than 0.25 FL OZ of it.

The smell is fine. I'm bad at describing smells, so I won't try beyond saying it smells a little sweet without being overly so.

So overall:
It's okay. It will smooth and tame frizz, give some shine and speed up drying time, but there are so many better options out there that I say skip it. I'm really torn between 3 and 4 lippies here. I'll go 4 because really YMMV.