Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil Treatment

Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil Treatment
Moroccan Oil TreatmentMoroccan Oil Treatment

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Does Moroccan oil smell good? Yes!
Does it make my hair feel good? Absolutely!

...So then why would I not buy it again?

Well, as someone who's increasingly turning to natural and organic (food & hair/skincare), I can't justify using this with the amount of 'feel-good' silicones in here (the main 3 ingredients). In the long run 'cones are not good for your hair as they seal the cuticles and prevent moisture from entering. So maybe the Argan oil in this will help, right? Nope unfortunately, there isn't enough of it in here to make a difference (5th ingredient down).

Better buying your own Argan oil (making sure it's from a reputable supplier) or using M.Oil just on the odd special occasion (as admittedly I still do!). Or better still use something that'll actually make a difference to your hair in the long run so that 'hair cosmetics' aren't required any longer!

Love the cute M.Oil bottle. Just a shame about the not-so-natural ingredients. Probably won't be a repurchase for me..

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/13/2018 2:58:00 AM

Pros , eh

Cons
Smells like cologne
Packaging sucks, you have to pour it out, no pump
Not detangling
Dont feel like it does much for my hair

Will not repurchase

on 6/25/2018 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to try this oil for a long time since everyone seems to love it so much. I've been using it for three months now and I just don't get it. Yes, it does smell good and it makes my hair softer and shinier, but I see no difference in its overall condition over time, and I do expect a difference from a product that has the word "treatment" attached to it, and especially with that price. For me, this is more of a styling product than treatment. I've achieved the same results with oils that are half the price.

I've been using this oil forever! My hair is thick and super long, so using something like this is great for my ends. I use it every time I wash my hair; when my hair is still damp, I take a quarter-sized amount and slather it into my hair going from ponytail height down to my ends. You can watch my review here:

on 3/24/2018 6:35:00 PM

Somehow the oil seeped through the cap? Maybe I had it for too long. Either way, I used it a couple of times at the ends of my hair and it was still too greasy for me. My hair is probably not the right texture for it. I really love the dry shampoo, though.

on 3/16/2018 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This gets 2 stars because it smells AMAZING
seriously..it's like my favorite scent

however it does absolutely nothing for my hair.

would not buy again

on 3/12/2018 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've never had much luck with hair oils but I got a travel size of this as a GWP so I gave it a try and my 3b curls LOVED it. They're usually dry and unruly, prone to frizz and tangles, but this (applied to wet hair) leaves them soft, controlled, and manageable. A little goes a long way. A little pricey but considering how much money I spend on haircare that doesn't perform as well, I consider it a good value and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Has my hair is part Afro, my hair consistently needs to be moisturised, so I used a generous amount of the Moroccanoil treatment and ran it through my hair. Afro-Caribbean hair needs to be immersed in moisture to avoid breakage and damage. The oil will leave a bit of residue on your hand, which can easily be washed off. I left my hair to air dry and take natural form for about 30 minutes, before running a hair dryer over my hair, to take out the excess moisture from the roots. Moroccanoil state that this product should be used as ‘A styling, finishing and conditioning product for all hair types. Moroccanoil Treatment is an ultra-light formula which is absorbed by the hair instantly, resulting in a natural, silky finish and brilliant shine without leaving a residue. Moroccanoil Treatment has the ability to restore over-processed hair damaged by environmental factors and chemical procedures.’

on 11/27/2017 9:53:00 AM

Really good product gives you nice glow

on 11/12/2017 10:26:00 AM

Musthave for my dry thick asian hair! This oil is my holy grail. Sometimes I try another oil because of the price but always come back to this one!!

Popular Hair Treatments